The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 02 Nov 2007 19:59

Lita >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Long

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Nov 2007 20:06

Neither Lita or Long are the finished article. They are both quick and good in the air but neither seem able to get past a player using skill(but maybe with pace).
Both are short on goals this season. The difference between the two is that Lita did score goals in the Premiership last season. When Long has played despite all his endeavour he has never looked like scoring.Lita also manages to get into goal scoring positions more often than Long.
At the moment Lita is 3 and Long 4 in the pecking order IMO.
Last edited by PEARCEY on 02 Nov 2007 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 02 Nov 2007 20:06

Long is a full international so is obviously a superior player. End of argument.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Nov 2007 20:10

Riseley Long is a full international so is obviously a superior player. End of argument.

So a young 20 year old full International for say San Marino is better than an Under 21 year International for say Brazil if your logic is followed!!!!!!!!!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 02 Nov 2007 20:20

PEARCEY
Riseley Long is a full international so is obviously a superior player. End of argument.

So a young 20 year old full International for say San Marino is better than an Under 21 year International for say Brazil if your logic is followed!!!!!!!!!

Err .....whoosh?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Nov 2007 20:33

Alan Partridge
PEARCEY

Err .....whoosh?

Yep...I have just read Riseley's post on page 3 of this thread so it looks like I will have to own up to being whooshed or whatever the bloody description is.

Diddyroyal

by Diddyroyal » 02 Nov 2007 20:44

Huntley & Palmer
Woodcote Royal
Huntley & Palmer
Woodcote Royal
Huntley & Palmer Agreed AP, this is the man that stepped up to the plate when we needed him most last season and scored some excellent goals to achieve some excellent results. But it's alright, people prefer strikers that run around rather than those that have a natural ability to finish in front of goal.

Some of us prefer strikers who have scored in the league this season as opposed to those have not and, more worringly, those who, as recently as last Saturday, are still showing no signs of breaking their duck in the current campaign.

PS. Right now, and based on what I saw last Saturday, I'd take Keith Scott's "natural ability to finish in front of goal" rather than Leroy's.

Some of us prefer a striker that can do it over 90 minutes, rather than just as a sub. Seriously, how many games can you pick out where Shane played 90 minutes and scored? He's a good prospect but by no means anywhere near the ability of our other three strikers yet. His best use is as a sub to inject some fresh legs and pace in the last 20 minutes. I'd pick Leroy over and above Shane every time to start a match as he creates more chances for himself and usually despatches them.

For a man that harks on about giving people a chance based on their historic performances on the pitch, I'm surprised you discount how key Lita's form was for us from December to February last season.

I'm not saying Lita will never be a decent striker again, just that his fan clubs' loyalty seems to know no bounds.

Long is a 20 year old full internional who is improving all the time and I don't see why the current form of these players, as witnessed last Satuday, should be ignored because of what Leroy did last season.

I love Lita, I love his ability to bang in a goal from nowhere with less than a half chance. His two goals at Citeh away were my two favourite goals of last season, two of the crispest first time finishes you will see from any striker in this league. We have three options up front, three very different one's at that as well. It's the reason we may well end up above the relegation zone this season, it's the one area we are spoilt for choice in. I think Long is probably a little unlucky in that he is fairly similar to Doyle, plays off the shoulder of defenders through the channels. He can only improve though

agreed.

risley needs to pull his tongue out from woodcotes behind me thinks.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 02 Nov 2007 21:08

Diddyroyal
Huntley & Palmer
Woodcote Royal
Huntley & Palmer
Woodcote Royal
Huntley & Palmer Agreed AP, this is the man that stepped up to the plate when we needed him most last season and scored some excellent goals to achieve some excellent results. But it's alright, people prefer strikers that run around rather than those that have a natural ability to finish in front of goal.

Some of us prefer strikers who have scored in the league this season as opposed to those have not and, more worringly, those who, as recently as last Saturday, are still showing no signs of breaking their duck in the current campaign.

PS. Right now, and based on what I saw last Saturday, I'd take Keith Scott's "natural ability to finish in front of goal" rather than Leroy's.

Some of us prefer a striker that can do it over 90 minutes, rather than just as a sub. Seriously, how many games can you pick out where Shane played 90 minutes and scored? He's a good prospect but by no means anywhere near the ability of our other three strikers yet. His best use is as a sub to inject some fresh legs and pace in the last 20 minutes. I'd pick Leroy over and above Shane every time to start a match as he creates more chances for himself and usually despatches them.

For a man that harks on about giving people a chance based on their historic performances on the pitch, I'm surprised you discount how key Lita's form was for us from December to February last season.

I'm not saying Lita will never be a decent striker again, just that his fan clubs' loyalty seems to know no bounds.

Long is a 20 year old full internional who is improving all the time and I don't see why the current form of these players, as witnessed last Satuday, should be ignored because of what Leroy did last season.

I love Lita, I love his ability to bang in a goal from nowhere with less than a half chance. His two goals at Citeh away were my two favourite goals of last season, two of the crispest first time finishes you will see from any striker in this league. We have three options up front, three very different one's at that as well. It's the reason we may well end up above the relegation zone this season, it's the one area we are spoilt for choice in. I think Long is probably a little unlucky in that he is fairly similar to Doyle, plays off the shoulder of defenders through the channels. He can only improve though

agreed.

risley needs to pull his tongue out from woodcotes behind me thinks.

Whoosh number 2!

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 02 Nov 2007 21:38

Platypuss The reason for posting was to further demonstrate that Lita is not alone in having faulty technique on occasion - Woodcote's new lovechild being one.

I'm struggling to find a post of mine, or anyone elses for that matter, that suggests Long has perfect technique..................but thanks anyway for your much valued contribution.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Nov 2007 07:24

Feel free to point out where I said you did. :roll:

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 03 Nov 2007 18:10

Kes One goal for Long and he's a World beater :lol:

Not true.

I, for one have always said that Long will come very good. I still stand by that.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 05 Nov 2007 11:39

As much as I like Long until he is more effective over 90 mins he won’t start over Lita. As Huntley said he’s similar to Doyle in doing a lot of his work down the channels, so I’m not convinced he would have even been in a position to put away the chances Lita missed. But it would be an interesting dilemma for Coppell if Kitson and Doyle started up front because if there was only one spot for a striker on the bench I would pick Long over Lita every time. Long has consistently performed as an impact player in the last 2 years or so, and has scored two goals from the bench this season, not to mention his goals in the Championship winning season. Apart from his winning goal against Boro on the opening day of last season, and to a lesser degree a good cameo appearance in the Everton home game last season, Lita never really adds anything to our game coming off the bench.