Jealousy

Finchley Royal

by Finchley Royal » 05 Aug 2006 10:46

URZZZZZZZZ
Finchley Royal Good call. A trip to Underhill allows a sneaky pint in the Dignity beforehand.

Saw Barnet v Wycombe last year. Hessenthaler rolling back the years.
Also, Reading res v Arsenal res at Underhill in March 2007 I think.

I was there for that game too, because Reading - Palace was on the Friday night, and I have relatives in Barnet. It was a bore draw, and all I can remember is the sun being in my eyes the whole match and a bloke smoking a bifta in the stand.

That was my reasoning too. Fantastic contrast between the 2 games. I enjoyed the fact that pretty much all the players ran out of puff after the hour mark and whenever the ball went out of play they used it as an excuse for a much needed breather.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Aug 2006 13:42

Uncle Andy

We've been in the same league as Aston Villa back in 70-71 which I can just about remember.[/quote]

We were in the same league as Villa as recently as about 1986/87 or 1987/88 season, can't remember exactly which

P.S. Very sunny here in Sweden today[/quote]

87-88, one of my first away games. We lost 2-1 in front of a bumper Villa Park crowd of about 15,000 and I got my first experience of being spat on by home fans in the tier above us. We played them at home the week before winning the Simod Cup and lost 2-0.