Kits has a pop at Lampard

125 posts

by 1960 » 13 Aug 2006 14:04

Not forgetting of course that he didn't write a word of it - a ghost writer would have a) written Lampard's thoughts out accurately or b) made it all up any way.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 13 Aug 2006 14:04

I know which book I'd buy!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Aug 2006 14:10

Well said Dave Kitson, who was excellent yesterday I thought.

frimleygreen_shotspur
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: between the old wheatsheaf and the rose and thistle

by frimleygreen_shotspur » 13 Aug 2006 14:13

M4 Junction 11 I know which book I'd buy!

is the chap on the right trying to remove his syrup?

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 13 Aug 2006 14:18

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 13 Aug 2006 14:21

1960 Not forgetting of course that he didn't write a word of it - a ghost writer would have a) written Lampard's thoughts out accurately or b) made it all up any way.

1960, is that meant to be in Lampard's defence?!

Without doubt Lampard would've known what was being published and every paragraph in that book is what he thinks.
Last edited by Thomas L'Heureux on 13 Aug 2006 14:23, edited 1 time in total.

Boston Royal

by Boston Royal » 13 Aug 2006 14:23

Thomas L'Heureux I don't usually come out and say this so blatantly, but what a ridiculous comment! Have you actually bothered to read the article?!

Kitson is not criticsising Lampard as a player, rather the fact that he's released a book a few months after England's failings at the World Cup in which he blames everyone but himself for their poor performances.

I can't see the paragraph where Kits states that Lampard is a rubbish player and that he is a better player than him.

And have you actually bothered to read my post? I can't see the paragraph where I state that Kits states that Lampard is a rubbish player. I do understand full well what the article says, but thank you for asking. It's Kits criticizing Lampard writing the book and being generally whinging, not taking 20 shots on goal and missing. It is not clear to me why Kitson has the authority to criticize Lampard's whinging. Someone at the FA /might/, because Kitson is whinging at them, but Kitson should just focus on what he's paid to do, which is play for RFC.

Lampard writes the book for money, big wow. That's what footballers do nowadays. I doubt David Beckham advertises Police sunglasses because he genuinely believes their UV filters are stronger than other brands and he's helping public health.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 13 Aug 2006 14:25

Keep on digging Boston.......

Boston Royal

by Boston Royal » 13 Aug 2006 14:27

How strange it is that people have a huge pop at Sidwell for speaking out about our training methods, and then agree with Kitson for saying that Lampard should have spoken out against England's training methods.

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 13 Aug 2006 14:33

Boston Royal
Thomas L'Heureux I don't usually come out and say this so blatantly, but what a ridiculous comment! Have you actually bothered to read the article?!

Kitson is not criticsising Lampard as a player, rather the fact that he's released a book a few months after England's failings at the World Cup in which he blames everyone but himself for their poor performances.

I can't see the paragraph where Kits states that Lampard is a rubbish player and that he is a better player than him.

And have you actually bothered to read my post? I can't see the paragraph where I state that Kits states that Lampard is a rubbish player. I do understand full well what the article says, but thank you for asking. It's Kits criticizing Lampard writing the book and being generally whinging, not taking 20 shots on goal and missing. It is not clear to me why Kitson has the authority to criticize Lampard's whinging. Someone at the FA /might/, because Kitson is whinging at them, but Kitson should just focus on what he's paid to do, which is play for RFC.

Lampard writes the book for money, big wow. That's what footballers do nowadays. I doubt David Beckham advertises Police sunglasses because he genuinely believes their UV filters are stronger than other brands and he's helping public health.

Do you actually give any thought to what you type?! First you question Kitson's right to comment on Lampard's book, but you then say that it's fine for Lampard to sell a book with his opinions in and that's it's no big deal. How is it fine for Lampard but Kitson, on the other hand, should keep his mouth shut? Double standards mate.

And with regards to you not stating that Kitson thinks Lampard is a rubbish player, I'll refer you to your previous post once again:

Boston Royal a) at the moment is not nearly the player Lampard is. If Malcolm Shotton criticized Coppell's management, we'd feel similarly. Kitson might feel that Tony Blair's economic policies are wrong, but I wouldn't applaud him for "speaking his mind" if he spoke out, even if he said what many others believe.

The first sentence above reads "At the moment he (Kitson) is not nearly the player Lampard is."

Because you've written that, you genuinly think that Kitson cannot comment on Lampard because he's not in the same boat as him in terms of ability. You back this point up with the parallel of our manager being criticsised by a past Oxford United player who you obviously think is of lesser ability that Coppell.

So, basically, as Kitson HAS commented, your point must mean that Kitson think he's better than Lampard in your eyes. Why else would you write the drivel that I've highlighted above?

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 13 Aug 2006 14:34

Boston Royal How strange it is that people have a huge pop at Sidwell for speaking out about our training methods, and then agree with Kitson for saying that Lampard should have spoken out against England's training methods.

I did not give an opinion on Sidwell's comments about our pre-season tour, so once again, your point is completely invalid.

Nice one.

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 13 Aug 2006 15:27

Er the difference being, Boston Royal, that Sidwell was criticising a record-breaking team, whereas Lampard was keeping stum on a bunch of perennial nearly-men :roll:

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 13 Aug 2006 15:38

/*All for Kits to right a book of "his thoughts" :D */

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 13 Aug 2006 15:42

I love Dave Kitson

tink

by tink » 13 Aug 2006 15:47

i said it with sidders, and i say it again with kits - the comments are spoken out of place, and perhaps out of turn. i think on both occassions the players should be concentrating on the job in hand, not coming out and criticising their own club, or other professionals. whilst the comments are fair enough, i think players have a responsibility both on and off the field, and they should choose their words carefully.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 13 Aug 2006 16:01

Boston Royal How strange it is that people have a huge pop at Sidwell for speaking out about our training methods, and then agree with Kitson for saying that Lampard should have spoken out against England's training methods.

No, his point is that if Lampard had a problem with the set up at the time he should have voiced his opinion then when he may have been able to do something about it rather than try to have a pop when Eriksson has gone and England's world cup dreams are in tatters.

Sidwell however is all out for himself and is trying to create unrest to try and gain himself more money and a move, which is completely different.

by 1960 » 13 Aug 2006 16:06

Thomas L'Heureux
1960 Not forgetting of course that he didn't write a word of it - a ghost writer would have a) written Lampard's thoughts out accurately or b) made it all up any way.

1960, is that meant to be in Lampard's defence?!

Without doubt Lampard would've known what was being published and every paragraph in that book is what he thinks.

No. I wasn't trying to defend Lampard. What I was going to go on to say is that a ghost writer and editor and publisher are going to play things very safe, which is why most autobiographies are so anodyne. Ooh, you said Ronaldo is a oxf*rd, you can't say that, say that you've patched up your differences instead. What football autobiography-writing needs is iconoclasts like Claridge, who doesn't give a toss and says what he thinks.

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 13 Aug 2006 16:13

Well done Dave.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Aug 2006 16:25

1960 No. I wasn't trying to defend Lampard. What I was going to go on to say is that a ghost writer and editor and publisher are going to play things very safe, which is why most autobiographies are so anodyne. Ooh, you said Ronaldo is a oxf*rd, you can't say that, say that you've patched up your differences instead. What football autobiography-writing needs is iconoclasts like Claridge, who doesn't give a toss and says what he thinks.

To be honest, someone like Claridge has a much more interesting tale to tell, although I'd draw the line at Jamie Lawrence, I'm not interested in how big his cock is.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Aug 2006 16:40

M4 Junction 11 Anyone know who in the Reading FC set up has written an autobiography?
I'd quite like to one by Steve Coppell.

125 posts