Kits has a pop at Lampard

125 posts
TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Kits has a pop at Lampard

by TFF » 12 Aug 2006 23:59

Buy The People - SSN just featured People back page - Kits slagging off Lampard for his autobiography, apparently should take his share of the blame for our World Cup failure.

reading98

by reading98 » 13 Aug 2006 00:05

Always making friends is our Kits :lol: :lol:

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

Re: Kits has a pop at Lampard

by Skin » 13 Aug 2006 00:14

That Friday Feeling Buy The People - SSN just featured People back page - Kits slagging off Lampard for his autobiography, apparently should take his share of the blame for our World Cup failure.

He may have a point?

bracknell loyal royal!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bracknell loyal royal! » 13 Aug 2006 00:18

Kitson - Legend, tells it like it is!

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Kits has a pop at Lampard

by TFF » 13 Aug 2006 00:37

Skin
That Friday Feeling Buy The People - SSN just featured People back page - Kits slagging off Lampard for his autobiography, apparently should take his share of the blame for our World Cup failure.

He may have a point?

I'm not saying he doesn't. I haven't read the article nor the autobiography. Just bringing you the news.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 13 Aug 2006 01:43

Quality. Say what ya see!

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 13 Aug 2006 01:57

He's probably right too. Lampard seems happy to pass the blame to everyone but himself and he possibly had the worst world cup out of all of them. (that featured for us).
Fair play to to the big fella! Ruffle a few feathers and get himself and the club a bit of publicity too.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 13 Aug 2006 07:32

Here's the link. He's certainly no wall-flower...

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 13 Aug 2006 08:08

And for those who can't be bothered to click the link.

EXCLUSIVE Prem star's amazing blast at 'money grabbing, self obsessed' Frank
By Scott Piecha

FRANK LAMPARD was last night labelled a coward by a fellow Premiership player for cashing in on England's World Cup failure.

Dave Kitson, a newcomer to the Premiership with Reading, has blasted the Chelsea midfielder for criticising the England setup in his autobiography Totally Frank.

Outspoken striker Kitson claims Lampard should take a share of the blame for England's dismal showing in Germany.

Kitson, a former supermarket shelf-stacker who watched the tournament while on holiday, said: "Why say things after the event when you were part of the problem and when you are just as culpable as the manager? It is disgusting. Does Frank want to tell his story or does he want to make money? It is cowardly - he was not brave enough to stand up at the time and admit we were going wrong.

"That is the self-obsessed world football has become."

Kitson, 26, makes his top-flight debut against Middlesbrough next weekend and will square up to Lampard when Chelsea visit Reading on October 14.

The flame-haired ex-Cambridge United star has also blasted FA officials for allowing former England boss Sven Goran Eriksson to pocket more than £20million despite five failed years in charge.

Kitson, who scored 22 goals for Readin glast season, added: "There are a few people at the FA who should be struck off. Eriksson has walked away with the best part of £25m and for what?

"Most of the FA board were managed by a man who is now in charge of running the Post Office and know nothing about football.

Until we get people in charge with a genuine background in the game, England fans will go on hurting.

"Our manager Steve Coppell has more knowledge of football than anyone I have ever met and he is the type of person the FA should be looking to for help."

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 13 Aug 2006 08:37

As far as I can see, Kitson has hit the nail on the head, and is saying what I think many football fans feel.

It's not just Lampard mind, Rooney and Gerrard are releasing books.
Rio and Ashley Cole are going to later in the year.

Every professional player has an opinion but what good does it do?
Nothing at all.

They've got their careers ahead of them, Wayne Rooney's on a 5 book deal they've all got something to say now and then in a couple of years time.

Does anybody read these?

Didn't Beckham release about 3 autobiographies?

It's all about making more money and expanding their exposure.

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 13 Aug 2006 08:47

If people are stupid enough to buy them, they'll keep publishing them, of course all written by ghost writers. If someone wanted to pay me in £1m in advance for someone else to write a book about me, I wouldn't complain.

Kits however is spot on, Lampard was part of the problem in the summer, by moaning about it now he's just admitting he didn't have to balls to say anything at the time.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 13 Aug 2006 08:55

Anyone know who in the Reading FC set up has written an autobiography?
Perhaps we'll see one of our players write something at the end of the season. I wonder what Kits would call his autobiography and how long it took Lampard to come up with his "Totally Frank".

Token Cat

by Token Cat » 13 Aug 2006 09:22

Much as I love Kits, perhaps he should've kept his mouth shut.

Not really his place.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 13 Aug 2006 09:25

Yes of course

:roll:

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 13 Aug 2006 09:31

Given that he has not yet started a Premiership match, I get the feeling that his outburst might not be taken well by fans, players, hell, everyone but Reading fans.

Other than those that agree with him.

But even then, I think the attitude would be "Yeah, Paul Kitson, I thought he'd retired. What right has he to say that?"

ArfnipIsARoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ArfnipIsARoyal » 13 Aug 2006 09:33

Kitson is spot on. The fans opinion often get ignored so, as an England fan himself, he is just stating what we all think and getting to publicity which none of us would get

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 13 Aug 2006 09:38

papereyes Given that he has not yet started a Premiership match, I get the feeling that his outburst might not be taken well by fans, players, hell, everyone but Reading fans.

But even then, I think the attitude would be "Yeah, Paul Kitson, I thought he'd retired. What right has he to say that?"

Does he care about that?

No.

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 13 Aug 2006 09:38

Token Cat Much as I love Kits, perhaps he should've kept his mouth shut.

Not really his place.

It's absolutely his place - if halfwit Lampard wants to write a "poor little me" book then he can expect some flak. Kitson is getting in early with the "primadonna" taunt - it'll be interesting to see how he now gets on in the Premiership. If his comments are a sign of anything, he's up for it.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 13 Aug 2006 09:40

Given that he has not yet started a Premiership match, I get the feeling that his outburst might not be taken well by fans, players, hell, everyone but Reading fans.

Does he care about that?

No.

I wouldn't be quite so sure of that.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 13 Aug 2006 09:40

Very near...far away
Token Cat Much as I love Kits, perhaps he should've kept his mouth shut.

Not really his place.

It's absolutely his place - if halfwit Lampard wants to write a "poor little me" book then he can expect some flak. Kitson is getting in early with the "primadonna" taunt - it'll be interesting to see how he now gets on in the Premiership. If his comments are a sign of anything, he's up for it.

He's winding you up.

125 posts