Andy Gray...On Sky Sports News

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 18 Aug 2006 12:41

When Hicks went up...
floyd__streete
Dreadful research from Gray; the comparison with Reading 05/06 (leading since November, top two since September and 106 points) is a poor one.

The ironic thing, of course, is that this story is repeated year in year out. I don't have the stats to hand, but i'm pretty certain that only about 50% of clubs that go up come straight back down.

This time next year the "experts" will be tipping the three promoted clubs to go straight back down, whilst posing the question...

"Can anyone do a Reading?"

what about a really loud chant of "andy gray is a oxf*rd etc" for the nice people at sky

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Andy Gray...On Sky Sports News

by Forbury Lion » 18 Aug 2006 12:51

Andy Gray Sheffiled United are the best equipped and most likely to stay up because they "will compete".
They will compete with anyone to sign the next overpriced over the hill striker available.

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 18 Aug 2006 12:55

Forbury Lion
Andy Gray Sheffiled United are the best equipped and most likely to stay up because they "will compete".
They will compete with anyone to sign the next overpriced over the hill striker available.

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 42,00.html

feel free to email andy and ask him why he is such a cock

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Aug 2006 13:00

poohs pure
When Hicks went up...
floyd__streete
Dreadful research from Gray; the comparison with Reading 05/06 (leading since November, top two since September and 106 points) is a poor one.

The ironic thing, of course, is that this story is repeated year in year out. I don't have the stats to hand, but i'm pretty certain that only about 50% of clubs that go up come straight back down.

This time next year the "experts" will be tipping the three promoted clubs to go straight back down, whilst posing the question...

what about a really loud chant of "andy gray is a oxf*rd etc" for the nice people at sky

Better yet, when Reading is winning, a chant of "Andy Gray, are you watching?"......

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 18 Aug 2006 13:01

Forbury Lion

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 15,00.html

3rd paragraph from the end :-D

its not about being bigger its about being better...

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 18 Aug 2006 13:02

SpaceCruiser
poohs pure
When Hicks went up...
floyd__streete

Better yet, when Reading is winning, a chant of "Andy Gray, are you watching?"......

personally i'd go for "are you watching andy gray?" but i see your point ;-)

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 18 Aug 2006 13:11

and as Andy Gray said "spending a fortune does not guarantee success"

A tight team, who know each other well, have a great attitude, and are used to winning....let the others spend on over-priced over-rated has beens, I am happy that Coppell has the experience and knowledge to build on last years success. If he is happy to go into the Prem with a young hungry team then I am content with that.

Last season was a joy, this season may bring a few more losses, but if survival is the benchmark for our success I am confident this time next year we will be discussing if we have spent enough to push for a place in Europe.

blade 1

by blade 1 » 18 Aug 2006 14:21

i dont see why it upsets anyone saying that the three promoted clubs will go down we may well do. And to be honest i will be gutted but its not the end of the world at least for the first time in watching the blades they achieved anything.

Didn't see much "scrapping" when Colin's mob played us last year.

they were two decent games between good teams and at no point did you outplay us.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Aug 2006 14:23

blade 1 i dont see why it upsets anyone saying that the three promoted clubs will go down we may well do. And to be honest i will be gutted but its not the end of the world at least for the first time in watching the blades they achieved anything.

they were two decent games between good teams and at no point did you outplay us.

I don't think you understand. Andy Gray has got some facts wrong. That is mostly our beef about what he has said.

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 18 Aug 2006 14:26

SpaceCruiser
blade 1 i dont see why it upsets anyone saying that the three promoted clubs will go down we may well do. And to be honest i will be gutted but its not the end of the world at least for the first time in watching the blades they achieved anything.

I don't think you understand. Andy Gray has got some facts wrong. That is mostly our beef about what he has said.

correct, sheffield united are not the beef here, its andy gray.

blade 1

by blade 1 » 18 Aug 2006 14:27

that fact apears to be that united have the best chance of staying up. :wink:

I dont see why not really we (although i think you will finnish higher) have made some good signings that will improve the team, have got players with experience at that level and have plenty of promising youth players too call upon if needs be as well as making some decnt additions to the squad in general.

although i agree that comparing you to sunderland last year is stupid beacuse you battered us in the league yet we finnished with more points than sunderlkand did when they won the league.

If you look at the teams to break 100 points they all stayed up

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 18 Aug 2006 14:31

blade 1

To be fair, the Bramall Lane game was pretty much a "back's against the wall" job for us. Which is why taking the point was so satisfying. My moment of last season (as I wasn't at Leicester) was that equaliser - not so much for the goal, but for the crowd reaction. It would have been all the more fun if we'd scored that pen (I still think Kenny should have been sent off in both games, but hey ho...) :)

And note to Andy Gray - we equalised within two minutes of conceding against two of our promotion rivals away last season - United and Palace. How is that not determination?

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 18 Aug 2006 14:32

blade 1 that fact apears to be that united have the best chance of staying up.

blade 1

by blade 1 » 18 Aug 2006 14:36

had we lost that game it would have distroyed us, we were already in a rotten run and if having played so well and been the better team for large parts we had lost, it would have taken alot to recover.

Although we did show alot of character to come back from that terrible run we had where leeds gained about 17 points on us and we couldn't win for love nor money

Gatecrasher

by Gatecrasher » 18 Aug 2006 14:58

I'd expect to have a much better knowledge of Reading than the average pundit, but I really have no idea how we'll get on. How can you when basically our whole squad has zero Prem experience?

We might well get relegated and Sheff Utd might stay up, after all no-one actually knows. Then Andy Gray won't look such a cock would he, unlike anyone who takes such umbrage at a pundit's predictions.

Coily

by Coily » 18 Aug 2006 16:11

Shock news, Andy Gray is a tool. As per f365:

"Once again, you have to say that the three promoted teams will be the favourites to go straight back down. There isn't a team among them that scream out as having the quality, money or the suppoort to stay up. Of course, there are often surprises, but this does seem like a particularly poor selection of promoted teams."

Having watched Pompey, Citeh, Fulham and Villa last season there wasn't much quality there, this division is vastly overrated.

Sure Watford will sell 22k, as the MadStad will be rammed very week too. Bramall Lane will have 30,000+ in more often than not, so the support is there too. And all three will be louder than the graveyards at the Reebok and Riverside.

Sod 'em all I say, I hope all three side leave 'Doing a Sunderland' to Sunderland.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 18 Aug 2006 16:32

Why oh why are people suddenly so worried about pundits not talking about us or slagging us off?

Was there ever a time that things were different?

No.

That's what you get from supporting a deeply unfashionable team.

If the team plays well in this division, we'll get some respect, if not it'll continue.

Get over it.

england_away

by england_away » 18 Aug 2006 17:54

Good read that was cheers mate

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 18 Aug 2006 18:50

Coily but this does seem like a particularly poor selection of promoted teams.

Thats an absolutely outrageous comment to make, does 106 points and 99 goals make us just a little bit out of the ordinary?
Im wondering if this tool actually saw us play last year, or more likely someone who looks at our history and says we have no right being up there with the big boys, lets prove this self centered scotch oxf*rd wrong..I would love it, just love !!!

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 18 Aug 2006 19:25

i'll find it hard to critisize andy gray's comments , not , because i didn't watch , cos i did , but for the fact i didn't understand a single word of his highspeed rantings , devoid , imo , of any consonants. he might aswell have been reading out a recipe for beef wellington for all i knew