Andy Gray...On Sky Sports News

poohs pure

Andy Gray...On Sky Sports News

by poohs pure » 17 Aug 2006 19:31

what a total cock!

Sheffiled United are the best equipped and most likely to stay up because they "will compete".

I'm sure this is already on the boards but i have just got in and caught the end of a sky sports news article.

I have now had enough of cnuts like andy gray and the news of the world slating us without having the first idea what we are all about.

please dont post "leave it pooh" and "they're shit journo's" posts.

something needs to be done about this.

lets invite them to the next STAR evening and see what they actually know about our great club.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Andy Gray...On Sky Sports News

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 17 Aug 2006 19:38

poohs pure what a total cock!

Sheffiled United are the best equipped and most likely to stay up because they "will compete".

I'm sure this is already on the boards but i have just got in and caught the end of a sky sports news article.

I have now had enough of cnuts like andy gray and the news of the world slating us without having the first idea what we are all about.

lets invite them to the next STAR evening and see what they actually know about our great club.

andy gray, I feel, loves 100% workrate type teams. He's basing his assumption on that - the "fact" that Sheffield United will battle and scrap more than Reading. Whether it's actually true or not, or whether he's just assuming Sheffield United's character will automatically match that of their manager is a different matter.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 17 Aug 2006 19:52

Was it Andy Gray who commentated on the replay against Brum last season? If so, he demonstrated how little he knows about the club then - he couldn't even be arsed to learn their names.

Sky have never been bothered to learn about the "little clubs". Fcuk 'em, I say - I don't give them any of my money in return.

Andy Gray?

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 17 Aug 2006 19:53

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
poohs pure what a total cock!

andy gray, I feel, loves 100% workrate type teams. He's basing his assumption on that - the "fact" that Sheffield United will battle and scrap more than Reading. Whether it's actually true or not, or whether he's just assuming Sheffield United's character will automatically match that of their manager is a different matter.

Didn't see much "scrapping" when Colin's mob played us last year.

I'd do a comparison of the number of times we came from behind (oh er missus!) to win or draw compared to their lot, but I can't be arsed as I know we're better than they!

Silenece here is probably best! Revenge is a dish best served cold - we can gloat all we like and with good reason at this time next year when we're still in teh Prem and COlin is out of a job and Sheff U are back where they belong in teh Chamo.

Chill. We are the Readng and we are the best .....

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 17 Aug 2006 20:15

Ofcourse we will compete!

I am sure anyone who doesn't do just that under Adie won't find themselves at the club anymore and same with you guys.

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 17 Aug 2006 20:26

By "compete" Andy Gray seems to be relating to long-ball physical play, something that Reading avoided last year in general because we were comfortably the best footballing side in the division, and won the majority of games with a fluid, attractive style, which many teams couldn't cope with (e.g. Norwich, Cardiff, Brighton at home, Wolves away). But by the same measure, we were able to sit in and graft out results (QPR away springs to mind, and Palace games). If anything, Sheff Utd are the least likely to "compete", possessing neither the quality of Reading or attitude of Watford and their truly influential manager.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 17 Aug 2006 20:31

The guy is a tool. His opinion is worthless - who cares what he thinks?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 17 Aug 2006 20:34

We are very close to showing all these people exactly what we are about.

Actions speak louder than words.

To be honest these comments will just spur our players onto greater heights.

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 17 Aug 2006 20:38

Avon Royal The guy is a tool. His opinion is worthless - who cares what he thinks?

i care so much that i will knock him out if i get the slightest opportunity.

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 17 Aug 2006 20:44

I saw Andy Gray on Sky Sports as well. Like that other twat Chis Kamara who said we would be relegated after we won promotion to the Championship. How wrong he was.
Sky Sports News vote for today is who will finish higher out of the prmiership new boys. Guess who I voted for? :D

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 17 Aug 2006 20:48

poohs pure
Avon Royal The guy is a tool. His opinion is worthless - who cares what he thinks?

i care so much that i will knock him out if i get the slightest opportunity.

It would just give him the satisfaction of knowing that people react to what he thinks. Against media whores like him, indifference is the best weapon.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 17 Aug 2006 20:58

Another one comparing us to Sunderland..theres a world of difference between this team and thier team that got promoted two seasons ago!

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 17 Aug 2006 21:35

Note to Reading fans everywhere - doubting our credentials as a top flight team does not make someone a cock. Ignoring the fact that as a Reading fan I think we will be relegated, if I was not a Reading fan, I would without a doubt be tipping us to go down.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Aug 2006 21:45

Just because he said sheffield united are better equipped in his opinion doesn't make him a oxf*rd.
I think he's wrong, but he's right about a lot of things. Why does everyone have this attitude because an outsider doesn't give us endless praise they must be oxf*rd who are all wrong? its pathetic.

Get over it and prove them wrong the right way. We've had a ot of praise this last season, we need something to motivate us and the team, use this the right way.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 17 Aug 2006 21:52

cmonurz Note to Reading fans everywhere - doubting our credentials as a top flight team does not make someone a cock. Ignoring the fact that as a Reading fan I think we will be relegated, if I was not a Reading fan, I would without a doubt be tipping us to go down.

From what I've seen of the Premiership teams , apart from the top 4 or 5, even if I wasn't a Reading fan I would be saying that we have a very good chance of staying up and possibly finishing mid-table.........................there's nothing special about the run-of-the-mill Prem teams.

On that basis, I would also give Sheff U and Watford a decent chance of avoiding the drop.

Rather than getting angry about these, frankly, ignorant assessments of our prospects, I'm starting to wonder just how much of this opinion is being reflected in our odds at the bookies.

I'm not really a betting man but I'm starting to wonder if I should put my money where my mouth is before 3.00pm Saturday :P

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 17 Aug 2006 22:42

Barring any more acquisitions..... I believe we've allowed ourselves to be considered more of a certainty to go down, i dont blame pundits for falling into this trap..... 2 £3+ million transfers will change the whole face of things, including their predictions.....

though i'm confident we have the best shout at staying up, I'll be almost certain we would with 2 decent signings before the deadline and then a few more in january to keep it fresh.....

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 17 Aug 2006 22:58

I have far more respect for Ray Wilkins's positive comments on Meridian.

The Cube

by The Cube » 17 Aug 2006 23:18

strap Didn't see much "scrapping" when Colin's mob played us last year.

I'd do a comparison of the number of times we came from behind (oh er missus!) to win or draw compared to their lot, but I can't be arsed as I know we're better than they!

Don't think there'd be much point anyway - we were hardly ever behind last season, so we didn't get much of a chance to draw or lose after conceding first.

Greenwich Royal

by Greenwich Royal » 17 Aug 2006 23:25

It's just gonna make it all the more sweeter when they all have to eat their lazy journo words come Xmas - and recognise we're here to stay.

By which time I'm sure they'll all be reminding us that they had predicted all along that we would be the 2006/07 surprise package!

Let them underestimate us all they want - it just mean they'll have even more words to eat...

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 17 Aug 2006 23:26