Middlesbrough Disabled Supporters minibus "attacked&quo

187 posts
readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Aug 2006 13:57

SpaceCruiser
leon Well done. You're a bunch of pricks.

Do you by any chance come from Middlesbrough?

I suspect that this message was posted with some hint of sour grapes.

Yeah and they started it anyway.

Royal Yorkshire

by Royal Yorkshire » 22 Aug 2006 14:01

leon
readingbedding
Royal Yorkshire If the incident that I saw is the one this chap is referring to then what I believe happened went something like this:

gorup of friends and I walked past the mini bus, waving at the occupants as we did. A few occupants of the minibus waved back, couple of fingers were shown, someone waved a fist - usual stuff.

We walked on thinking nothing of it.

few seconds latter there is a load of banging on the side of the minibus - from what I could make it it was and individual and clearly a bit of an idiot. I guess he was responding to having fingers waved at him, although blatently he was OTT. We were about to go an tell him what a tit he was being except it lasted about 5-10 seconds untill the minibus drove on, and peace was restored.

Now I fully agree that this was out of order, especially given disabled kids on boaed etc...

...but that post is joke. Attacked, Scorpions, Neanderwhatevers - what a load of sh 1 te.

Bring on the Villa

Exactly, over-reactionary bobbins.
Nothing to report - move on.

So lets get this right.

A group of RFC fans got involved in a exchange of insults with a minibus of disabled away fans including children. It led to one of the RFC fans attacking the outside of the minibus.

Well done. You're a bunch of pricks.

To clarify it was the occupants of the bus waving insults. So if you clasify waving as the buses passed, like the queen does, and someone random with nothing to do with me banging on the side of a bus as making me and my friends a bunch of pricks, than yes - we are a bunch of pricks.

working class hero

by working class hero » 22 Aug 2006 14:03

Whether the Scorpions exist or are a figment of the fevered imaginations on OAE is debatable. However, anyone reading OAE would be likely to believe that such a firm does exist. The FMTTM thread merely asked if this attack was the scorpions....

If the chair of MFC Disabled Supporters claims they were attacked it is rather likely to have happened. I cannot believe he would make up a story about a club whose fans have no 'previous'. If you were going to invent a story then surely WHU or Chelsea would be more believable?

Why would they invent this story? I can see no reason so tend to believe it happened. If some RFC idiot hammered on a window next to a kid then he might well be scared. Several of our fans were scared by the Wolves thugs at the play off semi - and they don't believe it happened.

As for heroes like alad: scaring kids is not exactly what I expect from grown men - even if you can claim provocation. And this is especially so if they are - in your delightful diction - "retards".

We all know the vast majority of RFC fans are decent people - but every time we play Oxford I see youths who I never spot at any other games turfing up and larging it up with 'banter' [aka a tirade of nonsense interspersed with swear words] and multiple hand signals.

I fear that now we are a Prem team we may find that we get more arseholey types coming along. FWIW I think we will need to be willing to admit that such events may occur - and be willing to report the miscreants.

Don't get me wrong. If 2 firms wish to get together on some waste land and fight to the death this is OK by me - but threatening those who are not interested is scummy. Indeed perhaps a fight to the death with baseball bats could be arranged at half time..... I bet there would be few brave enough to volunteer for such a show of gratuitous violence if they thought they might get hurt.... :roll:

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 22 Aug 2006 14:06

working class hero Whether the Scorpions exist or are a figment of the fevered imaginations on OAE is debatable. However, anyone reading OAE would be likely to believe that such a firm does exist. The FMTTM thread merely asked if this attack was the scorpions....

If the chair of MFC Disabled Supporters claims they were attacked it is rather likely to have happened. I cannot believe he would make up a story about a club whose fans have no 'previous'. If you were going to invent a story then surely WHU or Chelsea would be more believable?

Why would they invent this story? I can see no reason so tend to believe it happened. If some RFC idiot hammered on a window next to a kid then he might well be scared. Several of our fans were scared by the Wolves thugs at the play off semi - and they don't believe it happened.

As for heroes like alad: scaring kids is not exactly what I expect from grown men - even if you can claim provocation. And this is especially so if they are - in your delightful diction - "retards".

We all know the vast majority of RFC fans are decent people - but every time we play Oxford I see youths who I never spot at any other games turfing up and larging it up with 'banter' [aka a tirade of nonsense interspersed with swear words] and multiple hand signals.

I fear that now we are a Prem team we may find that we get more arseholey types coming along. FWIW I think we will need to be willing to admit that such events may occur - and be willing to report the miscreants.

Don't get me wrong. If 2 firms wish to get together on some waste land and fight to the death this is OK by me - but threatening those who are not interested is scummy. Indeed perhaps a fight to the death with baseball bats could be arranged at half time..... I bet there would be few brave enough to volunteer for such a show of gratuitous violence if they thought they might get hurt.... :roll:

Surely it would be better if all the disabled fans of Reading and Middlesborough met up for a planned 'meet' and sorted it out once and for all.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Aug 2006 14:08

working class hero Whether the Scorpions exist or are a figment of the fevered imaginations on OAE is debatable. However, anyone reading OAE would be likely to believe that such a firm does exist. The FMTTM thread merely asked if this attack was the scorpions....

Oh come on, you're over-reacting!!! :roll:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Aug 2006 14:09

The story is still a complete over-reaction.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2006 14:09

Whilst agreeing with most that you say WCH.

There is nothing to show that this happened as described. The quotes on Rivals are supposedly from the chairman of the disabled supporters association. Yet whilst the article has been picked up by the local press up there, he has refused to comment to them. One has to ask why?

Surely you would want to make this as public as possible and talk to the press and the relevant authorities rather than just an online messageboard.

If the events did occur as described then those involved should be punished accordingly - if they didn't (which at the moment seems more likely) then you have to question whether this is just a case of sour grapes.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 22 Aug 2006 14:18

Surely anyone who's ever been on OAE knows that the Scorpions are completely made up. There is no such Reading firm. They are a sh*te German rock act, end of. It's a joke amongst the some of the posters on OAE.

Anyone who thinks Reading have a firm called the Scorpions really needs to get out more...and take a gullibility test.

Baring this in mind and the other inaccuracies in the story leads me to believe this is a complete wind up, and there will be some people laughing their asses off over the reaction it's caused.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 22 Aug 2006 14:21

It's easy for us to write this off and say it's an overaction, but that was exactly the same as most Wolves fans said after our play-off game.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2006 14:23

Scarface It's easy for us to write this off and say it's an overaction, but that was exactly the same as most Wolves fans said after our play-off game.

Indeed but when that made the papers here, as it has done in Boro, those complaining were happy to speak. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

working class hero

by working class hero » 22 Aug 2006 14:26

Stranded
Scarface It's easy for us to write this off and say it's an overaction, but that was exactly the same as most Wolves fans said after our play-off game.

Indeed but when that made the papers here, as it has done in Boro, those complaining were happy to speak. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

IF it were untrue I would expect him to deny it too tho'....

Reading Til I Die
Location: Anywhere there's a cold pint with a voluptuous barmaid!

by Reading Til I Die » 22 Aug 2006 14:27

Can one of the Moderators please lock this thread as it has nothing to do with the "Team" and it's giving the wind-up merchants the forum they crave.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Aug 2006 14:30

Reading Til I Die Can one of the Moderators please lock this thread as it has nothing to do with the "Team" and it's giving the wind-up merchants the forum they crave.

You can ignore it, if it's too upsetting.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Aug 2006 14:32

SpaceCruiser

You're wrong on both counts Rainman.

It all sounds like a pretty pathetic business and one that reflects badly on RFC.

If that had been our fans, people like you would spitting their dummys out.

It's part and parcel of football in this country I suppose, gesticulating at disabled people in minibuses.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 22 Aug 2006 14:34

redeemed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Aug 2006 14:35

working class hero
Stranded

IF it were untrue I would expect him to deny it too tho'....

If it was true, I would expect someone from the disabled supporters association to be banging down the door of any media group willing to listen.

It's time for someone from Middlesbrough to put this complaint on an official footing or shut the fcuk up.

If this really happened as described most Reading fans will want the culprits dealt with.

Reading Til I Die

by Reading Til I Die » 22 Aug 2006 14:40

readingbedding
Reading Til I Die Can one of the Moderators please lock this thread as it has nothing to do with the "Team" and it's giving the wind-up merchants the forum they crave.

It's not upsetting you cretin, just f*ck all to do with the team!

Do you understand, or do you want me to draw you a picture little boy?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Aug 2006 14:40

leon
SpaceCruiser

It all sounds like a pretty pathetic business and one that reflects badly on RFC.

If that had been our fans, people like you would spitting their dummys out.

It's part and parcel of football in this country I suppose, gesticulating at disabled people in minibuses.

Well, I suppose the Reading fans in question should have ignored the gestures from these in the minibus. :roll:

As punishment I shall send rain in your direction. Enjoy. ;)

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Aug 2006 14:42

Reading Til I Die
readingbedding

Temper, temper...

Draw me a picture why this has nothing to the team.

Lots of colour please...

:roll:

Reading Til I Die

by Reading Til I Die » 22 Aug 2006 14:44

readingbedding
Reading Til I Die
readingbedding

Temper, temper...

Draw me a picture why this has nothing to the team.

Lots of colour please...

Go back to the OAE Board, you numpty!

Enjoying the school holidays? Mummy and Daddy take you anywhere nice?

187 posts