Middlesbrough Disabled Supporters minibus "attacked&quo

187 posts
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Aug 2006 14:44

working class hero If the chair of MFC Disabled Supporters claims they were attacked
Do we know if he actually did or whether it was just someone posting pretending to be him?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Aug 2006 14:44

He's right though, this has absolutely f*** all to do with the team.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 22 Aug 2006 14:55

more to the point, why havent middlesborough posted on this site?

working class hero

by working class hero » 22 Aug 2006 14:56

I recommend those who are dubious go to the Fly me to the moon site and read the apposite threads. MDSA do seem to be upset.

The reaction on here is sooooo similar to that on the Wolves sites when we claimed kids had been targeted. Time for some to remove their heads from their rectums.....

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Aug 2006 14:58

Reading Til I Die
readingbedding
Reading Til I Die
readingbedding
Reading Til I Die Can one of the Moderators please lock this thread as it has nothing to do with the "Team" and it's giving the wind-up merchants the forum they crave.

You can ignore it, if it's too upsetting.

It's not upsetting you cretin, just f*ck all to do with the team!

Do you understand, or do you want me to draw you a picture little boy?

Temper, temper...

Draw me a picture why this has nothing to the team.

Lots of colour please...

:roll:

Go back to the OAE Board, you numpty!

Enjoying the school holidays? Mummy and Daddy take you anywhere nice?

No, yours did.

We went to the sand-park on Tilehurst Road - it was alright

She tried to chat me up when your Dad wasn't looked.

I didn't like that. :-(

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 22 Aug 2006 15:02

Seal Surely anyone who's ever been on OAE knows that the Scorpions are completely made up. There is no such Reading firm. They are a sh*te German rock act, end of. It's a joke amongst the some of the posters on OAE.

Anyone who thinks Reading have a firm called the Scorpions really needs to get out more...and take a gullibility test.

Baring this in mind and the other inaccuracies in the story leads me to believe this is a complete wind up, and there will be some people laughing their asses off over the reaction it's caused.

Rubbish, The Scorpians are a spin off from the much feared TTC. It was claimed the TTC weren't as violent as certain people would have liked, so the Scorpians were formed.

Their leader, the much feared soccer savage Jamie Hinton, who has done time for organised football violence is a man not to be crossed. Hours spent pumping iron down Reading Boxing club and working the door circuit in Leeds have transformed this shady character into a snarling brute who would cut you up soon as look at you.
Last edited by alad on 22 Aug 2006 15:04, edited 1 time in total.

Reading Til I Die
Location: Anywhere there's a cold pint with a voluptuous barmaid!

by Reading Til I Die » 22 Aug 2006 15:03

readingbedding
Reading Til I Die
readingbedding
Reading Til I Die
readingbedding
Reading Til I Die Can one of the Moderators please lock this thread as it has nothing to do with the "Team" and it's giving the wind-up merchants the forum they crave.

Temper, temper...

Lots of colour please...

No, yours did.

She tried to chat me up when your Dad wasn't looked.

Did you think that reply up all by yourself?

Well done, Gold Star! :roll:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Aug 2006 15:03

working class hero I recommend those who are dubious go to the Fly me to the moon site and read the apposite threads. MDSA do seem to be upset.

The reaction on here is sooooo similar to that on the Wolves sites when we claimed kids had been targeted. Time for some to remove their heads from their rectums.....

The difference is that we lodged official complaints and talked about it to the media. The MDSA chairman refused to comment to the media. Why? Perhaps it is because they triggered it by making the first gestures?

Oh and the other (much bigger, imho) difference is that the wolves fans were hurling coins at us from the upper tier. Whereas this is just a few gestures and nothing much else.

But I get the feeling that you just want to argue against us. :roll:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Aug 2006 15:21

Reading Til I Die
readingbedding
Reading Til I Die
readingbedding
Reading Til I Die
readingbedding

Temper, temper...

Lots of colour please...

No, yours did.

She tried to chat me up when your Dad wasn't looking.

Did you think that reply up all by yourself?

Well done, Gold Star! :roll:

Cheers mate :wink:

Royal Yorkshire

by Royal Yorkshire » 22 Aug 2006 15:54

alad
Muskrat Apparently though one of the disabled Boro lads was so traumatised that he may never go to a Boro game again.

The lad, who only wanted to be referred to by his nickname - Boateng, said he was bullied by two Reading boys called Sidwell and Harper all game long and it has put him off football for life.

Boateng was born with two left feet...

Post of the day :lol:

Bullying isn't really a laughing matter. It can end in nasty things happening. I heard there was a boy called Arca at the weekend who got bullied by Kitson and a Middlesboro boy called Riggot and he end up getting his foot broken. It is a bit off being bullied by your own friends!

working class hero

by working class hero » 22 Aug 2006 16:37

SpaceCruiser
working class hero I recommend those who are dubious go to the Fly me to the moon site and read the apposite threads. MDSA do seem to be upset.

The difference is that we lodged official complaints and talked about it to the media. The MDSA chairman refused to comment to the media. Why? Perhaps it is because they triggered it by making the first gestures?

Oh and the other (much bigger, imho) difference is that the wolves fans were hurling coins at us from the upper tier. Whereas this is just a few gestures and nothing much else.
But I get the feeling that you just want to argue against us. :roll:

Yes we lodged complaints - and nothing happened, so perhaps MDSA cannot see anything but hassle coming from this... And if you really think hammering on coach windows because a disabled kid has made a gesture is acceptable you need to consider your moral stance. And I was at Molineux and have to say many Reading fans were gesturing and mouthing off at their fans. I would be pissed off if they said that it was OK on these grounds.... I wrote to the FA and the League at the time and there was a conspiracy of silence to ensure that the issue was swept under the carpet.

I am not arguing 'against' anyone. Just accepting that kids were upset and wondering how small people have to be to bully the handicapped?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Aug 2006 16:44

Come on, you woolly head. How is banging on windows "bullying"? :roll:

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 22 Aug 2006 16:52

SpaceCruiser Come on, you woolly head. How is banging on windows "bullying"? :roll:

Maybe because the bus contained young disabled people unable to defend themselves?

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 22 Aug 2006 16:56

http://www.mdsa.co.uk/contactus.asp

So far we've got some guy claiming to be the Chair of the Disabled Supporters Association telling us of these events on an anonymous forum.

Why doesn't someone ring em if they're convinced it's true, and find out what happened?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Aug 2006 17:06

Yahoops
SpaceCruiser Come on, you woolly head. How is banging on windows "bullying"? :roll:

Maybe because the bus contained young disabled people unable to defend themselves?

Er, why do they need to defend themselves from a simple bang on the window? It's not as if it is a physical assault.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 22 Aug 2006 17:27

lol.....dont know what to make. could be coincidence that a new firm has sorted themselves out now we are in the premiership and come from the surrounding area and not Reading itself. the Slough Scorpions?!

i dont condone the events if they did happen, but i hate people saying Reading is a 2 bob family club with no atmosphere and no rep. in a school playground you would be seen as a pussy, our town is seen as pussyish :roll:

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 22 Aug 2006 18:19

SpaceCruiser
Yahoops

Er, why do they need to defend themselves from a simple bang on the window? It's not as if it is a physical assault.

It's still intimidating!

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 22 Aug 2006 18:28

Sharpy i dont condone the events if they did happen, but i hate people saying Reading is a 2 bob family club with no atmosphere and no rep. in a school playground you would be seen as a pussy, our town is seen as pussyish :roll:

Personally, I'd rather be seen as a pussy than a thug.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2006 18:33

Taken from a boro board I post on....

"I have already stated just after the match that with the exception of Reading Lad on here, every other Reading fan I came across on the day of the match was a oxf*rd oxf*rd. I asked one for directions to the pub and was told "oxf*rd off you Boro oxf*rd", I asked a couple of bouncers at a pub near the station who sent me the wrong way (I was on crutches), I asked a copper who took the piss before telling me where it was and on the way into the ground some silly oxf*rd offered me out for a fight. I WAS ON CRUTCHES FFS. I can understand that they were happy about their first game in the Premiership and all that but they need to learn a bit of etiquette when speaking to rival fans as one day they will get turned over and this is so easily avoidable. The atmosphere in the ground was good enough and some of the singing/chanting was top notch but their firm made its presence noticed when they all stood up after Yakubu got his goal. One Boro fan was offering one of their lads outside admittedly but he was shown back to his seat by one of the stewards (he had probably encountered the same sort of shit with their fans as I had). The oxf*rd that did this to a bus-load of disabled people including is oxf*rd sick and if they are caught should be banned from attending any more games and ordered to pay damages"

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Aug 2006 18:34

One of STAR's board members is also chairman on NADS (National Association of Disabled Supporters) and so I'm sure if this story is accurate then a proper complaint will be made.

187 posts