What is wrong with you lot?

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 30 Aug 2006 13:11

Chaney For all the positives thoughts on this thread its hard to ignore the 7 games we got coming up after Sheff utd, I and all Reading fans would so love it to be different, but can anyone seriously see us exceeding 10-12 points after 12 games?

But isn't this what everyone has been waiting for, these big games against big teams? We could have a run of Cardiff, Plymouth, QPR....Ipswich - instead we've got a run of games to make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. You're right, we are going to struggle, but the boys aren't gonna just lie down for these teams, one big upset like a win at Chelsea could make this whole season worthwhile.

We need to try and enjoy this season whatever the outcome, the positives are that WE ARE IN THE PREMIERSHIP and there are 35 games left!

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 30 Aug 2006 13:21

Sadly a lot of younger fans have only ever known life at the Mad Stad and never experianced the grim reality of lower division football at Elm Park. If they had they would realise how lucky we are to have such a great chairman and a wonderfull stadium and now a team worthy of it. Maybe we should make them go to Aldershot for a reality check becouse had it not been for Mr M that's where we would be.

brizzle royal

by brizzle royal » 30 Aug 2006 16:30

Are there really only 2 types of Royals fans, " newbies ( plastics )" and old moaning codgers ( eh what luxury etc )
For what its worth I have been following them for 45 years and am still as much as a fan as any one else but I welcome all the newbies , I would have welcomed them on many occassion when you knew most of the crowd by sight back in Div 4 days. The only difference now is that most new fans have a much higher expectation level having been watching our most productive spell ever. Me, I`m still glorying in just being there!
What we should all expect however that bad times can follow good times and as long as the newbies stay loyal then they have every right to express their opinions on here ( could do without some of the inane peronal drivel that invades )
I, like a lot of other fans was looking forward to "big " signings etc but a combination of the World Cup effect and our perceived lack of status has obviosly hamstrung the management but I would sooner have JM in charge than that Bradford chairman ( Richmond ? ) who landed them in all sorts of debt.
I walked around in Tenerife last week with my promotion Tshirt on and the average opposition supporter I spoke to seemed to think we would be OK .

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 30 Aug 2006 16:51

brizzle royal .................... and old moaning codgers

Name them and shame them I say. :wink:

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 31 Aug 2006 11:25

I disagree with the initial view. I can accept that we're going to lose a large amount of games this season and I expect we'll get tanked several times too. But last Saturday was a relegation performace losing to a team that will almost certainly finish bottom half, where with the exception of 2 chances we didnt look like scoring. If it continues we've got a real chance of going down.

But on a more positive note there's plenty of time left and we've got the squad cover we desperately needed so I'm reasonably happy. We need a win from the 2 games but Im hopeful that we'll get that.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

Re: What is wrong with you lot?

by AF1 » 31 Aug 2006 12:55

iang040563 This is not meant as a criticism to those of you who have been a Supporter of RFC for longer than ten years, but it is true, we have never had it this good. So unless you have been a Supporter since the team were in the old 4th Division, then you have no right to criticise the team.
When the only TV coverage they used to get was brief TV highlights on ITVs The Big Match of a 6-2 win over Bognor Regis in an FA Cup tie. How many of you were there for that? How many of you sung your hearts out watching Reading lose 2-0 at home to Darlington who were then bottom of Divison 3, courtesy of two own goals scored by Trevor Senior? How many remember standing on the terraces at Walsalls old ground where top of the old Division 3, we lost 6-0 having travelled both way in a blizzard? How many of you were there to watch Paul Canoville break his leg in the away game at Sunderland? How many of you were at the Vetch to see Andy Rogers have his life saved by the Reading physio having swallowed his tongue in a collsion with a Swansea player? How many of you remember Reading losing to non-league Colchester in the FA Cup? Or another FA Cup match when Wealdstone and Reading players had a punch up in the centre circle and was the only highlight? How many of you can remember Reading 4 Plymouth 3 in what was probably the best match I ever had the pleasure of watching at Elm Park?
A guy I used to work with a few years ago put everything into prospective when he said to me that he really admired me as a Reading supporter because he was an Arsenal supporter, and all he had to worry about was whether they were going to win any silverware or not, whereas Reading fans had the emotion of promotion and relegation every season to think about.
The majority of supporters on here are 5 minute wonders - and I will probably get slated for saying it, but where were you all when we were shit? Supporting another team probably that was doing slightly better than us. If so, what gives you the right to criticise RFC when the majority of supporters that remember RFC in the lower divisions have been waiting for this season to come round. If you do not like the fact that we have only got 3 points off of our first 3 games and are currently above Tottenham and Arsenal in the table then get off your horses and go back to supporting ManU, Liverpool or Chelsea.
Sorry needed to get this off of my chest..... :lol:

I'm not reading all that but it sounds like someones hurt your feelings :?

oldebiscuit

Re: What is wrong with you lot?

by oldebiscuit » 31 Aug 2006 22:03

iang040563 This is not meant as a criticism to those of you who have been a Supporter of RFC for longer than ten years, but it is true, we have never had it this good. So unless you have been a Supporter since the team were in the old 4th Division, then you have no right to criticise the team.
When the only TV coverage they used to get was brief TV highlights on ITVs The Big Match of a 6-2 win over Bognor Regis in an FA Cup tie. How many of you were there for that? How many of you sung your hearts out watching Reading lose 2-0 at home to Darlington who were then bottom of Divison 3, courtesy of two own goals scored by Trevor Senior? How many remember standing on the terraces at Walsalls old ground where top of the old Division 3, we lost 6-0 having travelled both way in a blizzard? How many of you were there to watch Paul Canoville break his leg in the away game at Sunderland? How many of you were at the Vetch to see Andy Rogers have his life saved by the Reading physio having swallowed his tongue in a collsion with a Swansea player? How many of you remember Reading losing to non-league Colchester in the FA Cup? Or another FA Cup match when Wealdstone and Reading players had a punch up in the centre circle and was the only highlight? How many of you can remember Reading 4 Plymouth 3 in what was probably the best match I ever had the pleasure of watching at Elm Park?
A guy I used to work with a few years ago put everything into prospective when he said to me that he really admired me as a Reading supporter because he was an Arsenal supporter, and all he had to worry about was whether they were going to win any silverware or not, whereas Reading fans had the emotion of promotion and relegation every season to think about.
The majority of supporters on here are 5 minute wonders - and I will probably get slated for saying it, but where were you all when we were shit? Supporting another team probably that was doing slightly better than us. If so, what gives you the right to criticise RFC when the majority of supporters that remember RFC in the lower divisions have been waiting for this season to come round. If you do not like the fact that we have only got 3 points off of our first 3 games and are currently above Tottenham and Arsenal in the table then get off your horses and go back to supporting ManU, Liverpool or Chelsea.
Sorry needed to get this off of my chest..... :lol:

[img]

So you've rattled off a few incidents, BIG DEAL! for all we know you could just be claiming to have been there as those incidents are well documented. You seem to have forgotten all the aggro at Hendon away in the FA Cup when Spurs boys turned up. Getting chased all over Wycombe when the whole of Bucks turned up for the aggro(FA Cup again). Aggro at Aldershot lots of times. In fact aggro at every game we ever went to. Standing on the Southbank in the early seventies in the middle of winter (before global warming) trying to act hard in just your Ben Sherman/Brutus shirt, Levis, boots & braces 'freezing your bollocksoff'. Then there was watching our lowest ever attended game against Preston in 1982, and years later putting up with that cock Branfoot.
Your comments are pathetic and it would appear that you have a bit of an attitude problem. ALL NEW FANS WELCOME! Pay your money the same as anybody else and i hope you stay. Please, NO AGGRO! [/img]