Lita will not be dropped BUT FINED

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Lita

by Ian Royal » 06 Sep 2006 15:17

Banjax Lita is an asset to our glorious team, he scores regular goals and we should be behind him whatever happens, he is a young man who probably had a few drinks and was feeling down after the loss, this is no excuse for violence or for bringing the clubs fair play reputation into question but it is something im sure we can all understand even if none of us have been involved in a fight

Balls. If Lita is playing for us on the actual pitch we should support him as if nothing is happening. That doesn't mean we should condone his behaviour, at our football club.
As far as I'm concerned regardless of how good he is, that should be his final warning. One more transgression and he's out on his ear. We already have the worrying prospect of a court case to destract him and the potential to lose him for a considerable amount of time whilst he serves his sentence, should he be found guilty.

Being depressed and drunk is no excuse, especially when you are a professional athlete and a potential role model for thousands of kids.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 06 Sep 2006 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 06 Sep 2006 15:19

Ian Royal That doesn't mean we should condone his behaviour at our football club.

Did he headbutt anyone at our football club?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Sep 2006 15:22

SpaceCruiser
Ian Royal That doesn't mean we should condone his behaviour, at our football club.

Did he headbutt anyone at our football club?

Better? You pedantic knit picking little squirt of diseased sperm!

Banjax

by Banjax » 06 Sep 2006 15:28

Being depressed and drunk is no excuse, especially when you are a professional athlete and a potential role model for thousands of kids.[/quote]

thats why i said its no excuse, i do agree with you that there should be a line where players no matter their standing in the club should have to face consequences for their actions.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Sep 2006 15:45

Banjax Being depressed and drunk is no excuse, especially when you are a professional athlete and a potential role model for thousands of kids.

thats why i said its no excuse, i do agree with you that there should be a line where players no matter their standing in the club should have to face consequences for their actions.[/quote]

fair enough. Everyone should have to face the consequences of their actions. sounds like we don't really have anything toargue about. doh.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 08 Sep 2006 20:14

SpaceCruiser Glad to hear he will be playing. Now, don't you saddos (i.e. RoyalBlue) dare boo him.

omg how can you accuse someone of being a saddow when everytime you get the chance you slag another reading fan off :evil:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Sep 2006 11:30

rfcjoe
SpaceCruiser Glad to hear he will be playing. Now, don't you saddos (i.e. RoyalBlue) dare boo him.

omg how can you accuse someone of being a saddow when everytime you get the chance you slag another reading fan off :evil:
You only said that cos you know he doesn't post at weekends!! :wink:

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 09 Sep 2006 15:54

Royal Lady
rfcjoe

keep your nose out, this forums for reading fans btw your sad enough to know that he doesnt post at weekends(affair?)

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 09 Sep 2006 16:04

Who cares as long as he plays well...

Role model my backside, as if he's the ONLY player to mess up :roll:

playoffs or layoffs

by playoffs or layoffs » 10 Sep 2006 18:41

From the Sunday Mirror:

It does look like three strikes and Lita is out:

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_objectid=17717648%26method=full%26siteid=62484%26headline=coppell%2din%2dthreat%2dto%2dfire%2dlita-name_page.html

10 September 2006
COPPELL IN THREAT TO FIRE LITA
By Ralph Ellis
LEROY Lita has been warned he will be thrown out of Reading if he gets in any more late-night trouble.

The England U-21 striker was fined £10,000 by manager Steve Coppell over the incident two weeks ago that has left him on police bail facing possible GBH charges over an alleged assault.

Coppell was furious that Lita got home from the club's away defeat at Wigan and then drove to Bristol before getting involved in the incident in the early hours.

And he also ticked off the £1million goalscorer when he missed a game after being the innocent victim of another attack in Bristol last January.

Lita will stay in Coppell's side for tomorrow's home match with Manchester City, but the Reading boss warned: "He's had two lessons now. You get to a stage where you don't get too many more lessons and he's not far from that.

"I can't give a total guarantee but I would almost guarantee that he won't be in any kind of trouble again. Certainly I would be appalled if he was."

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 10 Sep 2006 20:54

rfcjoe
Royal Lady
rfcjoe

keep your nose out, this forums for reading fans btw your sad enough to know that he doesnt post at weekends(affair?)

You're funny. Say something that will make me laugh. :roll:

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 11 Sep 2006 13:04

It would be nice to see Lita turn up feeling a bit humble and desperate to prove his worth to the management and fans alike.

I hope we don't get the attitude that he's doing us a favour by turning up or he'll put in another non-performance like Wigan.

I know what my money's on.

Corky341

by Corky341 » 11 Sep 2006 13:25

Rhys The Royal

When you see the Man Utd fans giving Ronaldo even more support than normal after his World Cup antics, I think that we should give him a similar reception..... Maybe it will show him that he is actually respected here and doesn't need to be out nutting people in Bristol.

Good idea.

But there is always a need to be out butting people in Brizzle. :lol:

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 12 Sep 2006 08:38

Just a quick note to say that last night Leroy Litas work ethic was exemplary - the guy just didn't stop running!

Well played Leroy and your standing evation was fully deserved.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 12 Sep 2006 08:39

PistolPete Just a quick note to say that last night Leroy Litas work ethic was exemplary - the guy just didn't stop running!

Well played Leroy and your standing evation was fully deserved.

Leroy came out to prove he still wants to play for us and did it wonderfully.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 12 Sep 2006 08:47

Schards#2 It would be nice to see Lita turn up feeling a bit humble and desperate to prove his worth to the management and fans alike.

I hope we don't get the attitude that he's doing us a favour by turning up or he'll put in another non-performance like Wigan.

I know what my money's on.

Got to say, Lita showed the right attitude last night, put himself about and put in some hard work holding the ball up.

Forget the attitude and lets have more of the same please.