Sonko

by Yorkshire Royal » 11 Sep 2006 23:12

Is god.... I thank you....

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 11 Sep 2006 23:19

No, he's Superman. But nice try.

He was outstanding tonight. Dickov is one of the hardest strikers to mark in the Prem and Sonko had him in his pocket. Only when Dickov moved out of Sonko's 'zone' did he cause any probs.

Also glad that Sonks has found his hoofing shoes again - all this fancy stuff recently had me worried!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 11 Sep 2006 23:24

That reminds me.

I'd forgotten what an obnoxious, cheating, little sh*t Paul Dickov is. He was at Leicester, he was at Blackburn, and he still is at Citeh.

A blight on football.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 11 Sep 2006 23:34

SONKO IS SUPERMAN!!!

What a man tonight, Solid as a rock. Winning everything in the box.

All we need you to do is Win it and Hoof it sonko, thats all.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 11 Sep 2006 23:36

Dirk Gently That reminds me.

I'd forgotten what an obnoxious, cheating, little sh*t Paul Dickov is. He was at Leicester, he was at Blackburn, and he still is at Citeh.

A blight on football.

A cancer on the sport I love. :wink:

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 11 Sep 2006 23:40

zac naloen SONKO IS SUPERMAN!!!

What a man tonight, Solid as a rock. Winning everything in the box.

All we need you to do is Win it and Hoof it sonko, thats all.

Yes. All. Not hoof it in our own net please :wink: He's still doing well on the floor if i must say so myself. He's doing all we need him to do.[/b]

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 11 Sep 2006 23:54

Tikaboo

Amongst the sheep

by Amongst the sheep » 12 Sep 2006 00:10

Sonko was excellent tonight as he was most of last season. we missed him against Wigan and he was unlucky to get sent off against Villa

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Sep 2006 00:30

Was awesome tonight. Glad to see him taking the safety first approach to clearing the area. I presume Wally has had words in the last 2 weeks. There was one last ditch tackle with Dickov breaking clear in the first half that was absolutely superb. Pity it's not on MOTD because I'd have been interested in Hansen's thoughts after criticising him in the first week of the season.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 12 Sep 2006 00:34

It was aSonko game. Not buying all this awesome. mountain stuff. At times he was brilliant, winning big headers and tackles and then at other times, silly mistakes and giving away silly free kicks. Bits of indecision at times and things like that will be punished by sides with better forwards.

Look at his partner for the Superman tag tonight.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 12 Sep 2006 00:53

Alan Partridge It was aSonko game. Not buying all this awesome. mountain stuff. At times he was brilliant, winning big headers and tackles and then at other times, silly mistakes and giving away silly free kicks. Bits of indecision at times and things like that will be punished by sides with better forwards.

Look at his partner for the Superman tag tonight.

Spot on.

Another night and he would have been punished.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Sep 2006 00:55

I think we're all aware you want Ivar's babies, AP.

I think the crux of this is the partnership between the two. Sonks provides the physical presence and Ivar provides the craft. You expect that quiet authority on the ball from Ivar. Sonko has a much steeper learning curve. My worry is that he would be a bit green in the Premiership and his performances against Boro and Villa showed this. Yes he gave away a free kick in a dangerous place, but on the evidence of tonight, admittedly against a poor attack, he is learning and adapting quickly. Solid and decisive and none of this faffing about on the deck in his own penalty area. A well drilled defence will come out on top on long throws and corners 95 times out of 100. Rooney or Henry might show him up but it's against the likes of Man City where, if he keeps it simple, we will get results.

I always felt Ivar had the ability to play in the Premiership, Sonko, I was less sure. Tonight's performance makes me confident he will continue to learn and do just fine.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 12 Sep 2006 01:34

Well I'm a big fan of Ivar it must be said. I was and still am concerned about his lack of pace but against sides like City who don't have much then he's great. He's a good footballer, deceptively good in the air and brave as a lion. What a buy at £100k!

I just don't think you can say Sonko was THAT good tonight. He was great in the last 10 mins when he really dominated everything on the air but at times he looked well like Sonko does!! Cult hero! :lol: There are things he needs to work on, a lot more than Ivar who's only problem is pace.

Gotta be said thought Harps was poor again tonight and Bryn has to be knocking on the door.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 12 Sep 2006 02:29

City are a Premiership side that had European aspirations when the season started yet not only is Dickov an annoying little sh*t, he's nothing special either. Perhaps this helped both Ivar and Sonko to put in very good performances tonight.

Whilst Man City enjoyed more possession, I thought we deserved our victory for being more dangerous in the last 3rd.

If some wish to highlight the freekick that Sonks gave away on the edge of the box, why has a similar misdemeanour from Sidwell been so readily forgotten......................it's not as if this is a rare occurance from the supposedly more talented midfielder :?

I totally agree with AP about Gunnarsson. What an impressively versatile player this guy is....................he showed tonight that he might yet have a big part to play in our midfield.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 12 Sep 2006 02:56

Good thread. The Real Yorkshire Royal! Not to be mistaken with that utter tit YorkshireRoyal...

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 12 Sep 2006 03:05

Special mention from myself tonight. Few weeks ago I said he'd have to learn fast, and he appears to be doing so. There was an incident slightly similar to the viduka one tonight and he kicked it into row z, so he is learning.
He Was class tonight and you can see what a differance he makes to a side. The amount he wints in the air relieves so much pressure on everyone else.
Ivar was also immense. Full backs have had better nights though in all honesty, shorey got done a fair few times which is unlike him.

Hungerford Bee

by Hungerford Bee » 12 Sep 2006 06:10

I think I am going to cry.....................

Both the biscuitmen's CBs were highly praised on 5 live last night.

Amongst the sheep

by Amongst the sheep » 12 Sep 2006 07:33

FiNeRaIn Special mention from myself tonight. Few weeks ago I said he'd have to learn fast, and he appears to be doing so. There was an incident slightly similar to the viduka one tonight and he kicked it into row z, so he is learning.
He Was class tonight and you can see what a differance he makes to a side. The amount he wints in the air relieves so much pressure on everyone else.
Ivar was also immense. Full backs have had better nights though in all honesty, shorey got done a fair few times which is unlike him.

In the first half Shorey had to cope with Sinclair and Richards with little help from Convey who I thought had a poor first half other than his cross for the goal!

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 12 Sep 2006 09:21

Well. I may have been a little pissed when I wrote that last night, but now in the cold harsh morning with a sore head, I stand by my statement. Sonko has elevated from 'mere' superman to being god.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 12 Sep 2006 09:23

It's more than that; Superman IS Sonko IS God.