Cringe Time

144 posts
jm_cooper

by jm_cooper » 13 Sep 2006 09:53

yeah we should stop singing those chants. that's what the stadium needs, even less atmosphere....

:roll:

Yahoops

Re: Cringe Time

by Yahoops » 13 Sep 2006 09:55

Royal Rother Out of interest, should these ignoramuses bring back the chant "YOU BLACK BASTARD"? It was all part of exactly the same banter, no?

I thought it was "You dirty black bastard" but I could have misheard.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Sep 2006 12:50

The Surgeon of Crowthorne Isn't a bit odd to be chanting "dirty nothern bastards" at a French player anyway?
Depends which part of France he comes from :wink:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Sep 2006 13:08

Royal Rother Out of interest, should these ignoramuses bring back the chant "YOU BLACK BASTARD"? It was all part of exactly the same banter, no?

So calling someone a northern b@stard is just as offensive as calling someone a black b@stard is it?

Royal Rother - if he was made out of chocolate he'd eat himself.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Sep 2006 13:09

Jerry St Clair They're two of the few Southbank classics, and we should treasure them.

As ever, I agree.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 13 Sep 2006 13:10

While we are at the naval gazing, can we not boo over other side's signature tunes such as Blue Moon or Delilah.

Sing over it by all means but sitting/standing there just booing is pretty gimpish collective behaviour IMHO.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Sep 2006 13:22

floyd__streete

So calling someone a northern b@stard is just as offensive as calling someone a black b@stard is it?

Quite! I very much doubt the northern supporters (or players) are that worried by the fact we refer to them as 'northern! They probably aren't that bothered by the use of the word 'bastard' either. The thing they are most likely to be upset about is the fact that we are accusing the team they support of being dirty.

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 13 Sep 2006 13:36

Schards#2 While we are at the naval gazing, can we not boo over other side's signature tunes such as Blue Moon or Delilah.

Sing over it by all means but sitting/standing there just booing is pretty gimpish collective behaviour IMHO.

Unusually I disagree.

I think we should drown out any signature tune by any means possible. If we are trying to help our team then creating a hostile atmosphere this seems like a good way of doing it.

Included in this is booing oppenents after cheating Sinclair etc.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Sep 2006 13:46

RoyalBlue I very much doubt the northern supporters (or players) are that worried by the fact we refer to them as 'northern! They probably aren't that bothered by the use of the word 'bastard' either.

I remember PNE away last season when the goons to our right in the home end spent most of their afternoon reciting anti-southern ditties. I approached one of the Lancs Constabulary's finest with my copy of the Race Relations Act but he gave me short shrift 8)

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 13 Sep 2006 14:34

Cookie We're a class above that, us in the North Stand! :D

BLARMY.......... :wink:

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 13 Sep 2006 14:46

Also to the people in the North stand who sing, "Cooooommmmmeeeee oooooonnnnnnn RRRRRRReeeeeeaaaaaaadddddddiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggg, etc etc". Keep doing the chant but stop doing it sooooooo slow, it makes you look and sound like a complete bunch of 'tards!!

Rant over.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 13 Sep 2006 16:06

Einstein agogo nothing beats..shaka shaka whats the score :oops: for cringiness

Agree that and give us a wave are embarasing, they should be on there game not waving to the crowd.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Sep 2006 16:42

floyd__streete

20 years ago YOU BLACK BASTARD was heard every Saturday in virtually every football ground in the country. There was very little racism involved in that chant, it was just what the yobs shouted. They also shouted YOU DIRTY NORTHERN BASTARDS.

To me, calling anyone a bastard is offensive and I totally abhor this kind of numbskullery that many football supporters find so side-splittingly entertaining.

Seeing grown men chanting that sort of stuff is completely cringe-worthy.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Sep 2006 16:46

Jackson Corner
Einstein agogo nothing beats..shaka shaka whats the score :oops: for cringiness

Agree that and give us a wave are embarasing, they should be on there game not waving to the crowd.

Agreed. I squirm every time I hear those two chants. Horrible. For someone of my age.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 13 Sep 2006 16:49

Royal Rother
floyd__streete

20 years ago YOU BLACK BASTARD was heard every Saturday in virtually every football ground in the country. There was very little racism involved in that chant, it was just what the yobs shouted. They also shouted YOU DIRTY NORTHERN BASTARDS.

To me, calling anyone a bastard is offensive and I totally abhor this kind of numbskullery that many football supporters find so side-splittingly entertaining.

I bet match days are a barrel of laughs with you.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 13 Sep 2006 17:05

Schards#2 While we are at the naval gazing, can we not boo over other side's signature tunes such as Blue Moon or Delilah.

Maybe if the City fans weren't so sh1t and sung it abit loud people would have been able to hear it.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Sep 2006 17:07

who are ya? I bet match days are a barrel of laughs with you.

I don't need to chant abuse at other people to get my laughs! :lol:

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 13 Sep 2006 17:07

Royal Rother
floyd__streete

If this wasn't so sad it would be hilarious.......

You must lead a very sheltered life....Racism is one thing and should never be tolerated, but where do you draw the line? What next poo, bum, willy.....FFS.....

:roll:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 13 Sep 2006 17:08

Royal Rother
who are ya? I bet match days are a barrel of laughs with you.

I don't need to chant abuse at other people to get my laughs! :lol:

Certainly, I bet you find much mirth and merriment in your bible, Flanders.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Sep 2006 17:10

Flanders. You like that one don't you!! :lol:

144 posts