Trouble after the game

187 posts
Garry Mann

by Garry Mann » 24 Sep 2006 21:15

United perspective on the A33

I saw the incident at the roundabout as that was where I had arranged to meet my mate. Basically a group of reading fans were giving some young lads some abuse as they walked on the grass bank alongside the road. The abuse was fairly good natured, more like banter in fact. As they got to the roundabout about 20 to 30 men aged about 30-40 offered the young lads (aged no more than 13 to 15) out. They scattered slightlty and very briefly the Reading fans felt really hard. Then this big United fan, much older, steps forward and immediately the Reading fans are down to less than 10 as the rest scarper. He starts slugging it out with the ringleader and all the young lads charge back in and are literally running/dancing around the remaining Reading fans picking them off with single punches. Where the older Reading fans had the weight advantage the youngsters had speed and agility and used it to good effect. The Reading ringleader took a right kicking when he went down.

When the police arrived they said the united fans (now gone) had started it. The copper asked for a description and all they could say was they were wearing black. So if you are reading this unless there is CCTV you have nothing to worry about as I couldn't make out your faces either because it was dark and I also had to keep my wits about me as there were all these youngsters running around and I didn't want to be a red on red victim.

So contrary to what the Reading fans say on there site it was in this case anyway the Reading fans starting on the youngsters. They did though come off much worse.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 24 Sep 2006 21:20

well from what ive heard about events during the day... i think Reading handled themselves very well.

whole day drinking, passionate day trouble was bound to happen invloving non-hooligan fans

Legend

by Legend » 24 Sep 2006 21:22

Garry Mann
Rob-Royal
The main charachter was apparently some well known fan who makes up his own CD's with just him singing on it! Puts the Scorpians to shame....!

Looks like a poof with something in his right ear.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 24 Sep 2006 21:38

Garry Mann United perspective on the A33

I saw the incident at the roundabout as that was where I had arranged to meet my mate. Basically a group of reading fans were giving some young lads some abuse as they walked on the grass bank alongside the road. The abuse was fairly good natured, more like banter in fact. As they got to the roundabout about 20 to 30 men aged about 30-40 offered the young lads (aged no more than 13 to 15) out. They scattered slightlty and very briefly the Reading fans felt really hard. Then this big United fan, much older, steps forward and immediately the Reading fans are down to less than 10 as the rest scarper. He starts slugging it out with the ringleader and all the young lads charge back in and are literally running/dancing around the remaining Reading fans picking them off with single punches. Where the older Reading fans had the weight advantage the youngsters had speed and agility and used it to good effect. The Reading ringleader took a right kicking when he went down.

When the police arrived they said the united fans (now gone) had started it. The copper asked for a description and all they could say was they were wearing black. So if you are reading this unless there is CCTV you have nothing to worry about as I couldn't make out your faces either because it was dark and I also had to keep my wits about me as there were all these youngsters running around and I didn't want to be a red on red victim.

So contrary to what the Reading fans say on there site it was in this case anyway the Reading fans starting on the youngsters. They did though come off much worse.

So hang on a minute, some Reading youngsters, in your own words "giving a bit of banter" and then getting outnumbered and set upon by 20-30 much older United "fans", equates in your world to them starting it does it?

No wonder you live in Kent mate.

working class hero

by working class hero » 24 Sep 2006 21:45

Muskrat

So hang on a minute, some Reading youngsters, in your own words "giving a bit of banter" and then getting outnumbered and set upon by 20-30 much older United "fans", equates in your world to them starting it does it?

No the young lads were the MUFC fans. The 20 odd older blokes were RFC..... or so it is claimed.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 24 Sep 2006 21:46

Here come the men in black....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Sep 2006 21:47

Where does the coach come into then?

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 24 Sep 2006 21:48

alad Here come the men in black....

What's that all about? On the way out we saw a load of kids down towards B&Q dressed all in black trying to be menacing. Is this standard Manc attire?

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 24 Sep 2006 21:53

working class hero
Muskrat

No the young lads were the MUFC fans. The 20 odd older blokes were RFC..... or so it is claimed.

Oh now I see. Wasn't immediatley clear to me when reading the account I must admit. I can't condone that if it's true, same as I can't condone other accounts on here of United thuggery.

Sonic

by Sonic » 24 Sep 2006 22:32

Not posted on here before, but I'm just so annoyed about what happened after the match. Clearly the TVP need to sort themselves out. I've thought for years that with the security gate in operation the obvious flashpoint was going to be outside the retail park as the opposing fans colide - but never any police in sight !!! It's hardly rocket science.

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 24 Sep 2006 23:06

maf82 man utd have always been trouble.people have warned me about them in the past whatever you do dont wear a reading shirt near ot.

Why?

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 24 Sep 2006 23:15

I heard a report about the incident with the coach.

Apparantly there was some abuse being directed at the coach by some Reading fans and something was perhaps thrown at the coach(?). Coach stopped and a few older United got off and started whacking everything insight, pushing people into hedges, etc.

working class hero

by working class hero » 24 Sep 2006 23:16

earley_royals
maf82 man utd have always been trouble.people have warned me about them in the past whatever you do dont wear a reading shirt near ot.

Why?

Earley Royals shows his IQ is suitable for SROT membership..... :wink:

working class hero

by working class hero » 24 Sep 2006 23:23

As we walked past the coach it seemed [from the other side of the road] that the MUFC were just off to pee in the bushes. From this there was much gesticulating and chanting. The RFC families went back to get away..... Had I seen a woman being assaulted I would have put on my brown cords and bicycle clips and gone to help.

I hate violence. But I deplore violence against women even more. When Dill was manager on the way back from WHU we saw a woman being abused by several Chelsea thugs. I told Mrs WCH that if they hit her I would have to intervene and to just drive off and leave me. Imagine my joy when they walked away having 'only' frightened her.... The old heart was failing at the very thought of having to confront 4 Chelsea thugs whilst wearing an RFC shirt.

Perhaps some of those who let a lady be attacked need to consider the options available to them? And yes, I am all too aware that intervening means getting a good kicking.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 25 Sep 2006 04:47

Royal Lady Where does the coach come into then?

The coach gets them fit and agile, also teaches them what they need to learn.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 25 Sep 2006 08:54

earley_royals Apparantly there was some abuse being directed at the coach by some Reading fans and something was perhaps thrown at the coach(?). Coach stopped and a few older United got off and started whacking everything insight, pushing people into hedges, etc.

Reading fans "giving the finger" to away coaches along the A33 is a regular occurence. Sounds like their bluff was called on this occassion and these brave boys hid behind the women when the shit hit the fan.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 25 Sep 2006 08:55

I saw no trouble whatsoever. although to be fair at 5.15 when the match kicked off I was sitting down to a meal following a wedding at Gissing Hall in Suffolk.

LoyalRoyal13

by LoyalRoyal13 » 25 Sep 2006 09:27

Man Utd fans bring a bad name back into football kicking off like that!! Football is a family game now and its stupid!! Mind u, the amount of police around in games nowadays is pathetic!! Hooliganism is dying out fast & these stupid prats arent gonna bring it back!! They arent real fans & cant take not winning! Also...Wayne Rooney couldnt even wave at the kids who waited outside the Player's entrance to see him (fair enough that he didnt sign anything - he probably can't write!) fair play to Sir Alex, Rio Ferdinand and a few others who did sign though. Their loyalty to their fans is absoloutely NOTHING compared 2 our squad's devotion to all out suppoters! Anyway...going slightly off the point now!

igoe agogo

by igoe agogo » 25 Sep 2006 10:18

Oh keep talking, keep talking, i'm nearly there, uhh uhhh eeurghhh.

SAD.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 25 Sep 2006 10:22

TVP are useless. I spoke to three different coppers at various points and none of them were interested, all of them very rude.

The club, TVP and the council need to sit down and discuss a way forward, because match days are getting ridiculous.

187 posts