"This is real football"

215 posts
West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 25 Sep 2006 14:23

Norfolk Royal
West Stand Man
Peter Kay - Top of the To
Norfolk Royal Its a measure of the changing mores of football supporters and the new stadiums that such a relatively trivial incident when compared to the outrages of the 70s and 80s can attract nine pages of comments.

Some matches were characterised by almost constant fighting on the terraces in those days and many people were seriously injured. Is this one incident at the Madstad really so important?

Post of the day. From someone who has obviously been going to football far longer than 1998.

So lets get this straight; just because the bombing of Lebanon didn't wipe out the whole of a city and kill an entire population that makes it a trivial event. After all it wasn't Hiroshima was it, so things are much better now?

Saturday's incidents may not have been as violent as the utter rubbish I had to put up with as a teenager at EP etc, but they were still totally unecessary incidents that demonstrate that there are still brain dead goons hanging around football grounds with aggression on their minds. They may be in the minority - but they still need to be controlled and punished. I hope that they are identified and prosecuted (or at worst banned).

Idiot.

Pratt.

This is fun isn't it.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 25 Sep 2006 14:23

If you could have included some reference to "meets" or "offs" or some designer clothing, that would have made me tingle with excitement.

igoe agogo

by igoe agogo » 25 Sep 2006 14:24

West Stand Man
papereyes 9 pages. Going to have a quick shuffle over it no.

Football related violence REALLY turns me on.

The brain dead pratt brigade gets bigger by one more.

Is that a whoosh? I think we have a confirmed whoosh.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 25 Sep 2006 14:26

I think the brain dead prat brigade may simply have just got bigger by one more.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 25 Sep 2006 14:33

papereyes I think the brain dead prat brigade may simply have just got bigger by one more.

The word is pratt, apparently.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 25 Sep 2006 14:44

I can't believe this thread. I was reading earlier about the woman being attacked by united fans, and everybody being up in arms about it, and rightly so! But if it's a single utd fan (who probably has never been to a football match in his life before, otherwise he wouldn't be so stupid), then a number of you think he deserved a kicking, or at least have no sympathy because of the kid's ignorance.

Well I suppose it happened on 'your' patch in the stadium, and not on the road. So that's ok then is it???

If you think like that you are no better than the utd thugs or any other hooligans.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 25 Sep 2006 14:45

Norfolk Royal
papereyes I think the brain dead prat brigade may simply have just got bigger by one more.

The word is pratt, apparently.

Not according to the dictionary.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 25 Sep 2006 14:47

rotherwick_royal I can't believe this thread. I was reading earlier about the woman being attacked by united fans, and everybody being up in arms about it, and rightly so! But if it's a single utd fan (who probably has never been to a football match in his life before, otherwise he wouldn't be so stupid), then a number of you think he deserved a kicking, or at least have no sympathy because of the kid's ignorance.

Well I suppose it happened on 'your' patch in the stadium, and not on the road. So that's ok then is it???

If you think like that you are no better than the utd thugs or any other hooligans.

Apparently for some posters on here the East stand is an area where the rule of law doesn't apply, or at least it doesn't if you're wearing the wrong shirt.

Pridders

by Pridders » 25 Sep 2006 14:53

The only Game of the Season I could not make was always going to be the 23rd September… Gutted when the fixtures came out.

Good job it was on SKY I managed to watch the game in the Walkabout in Newquay.. Wearing my Home shirt some prat in the toilet asked "you support Reading?" it didn't even warrant a reply he then added "well I'm Utd and if you Reading (nuts beat us today you’re a dead man" just finishing off in the urinal I purposely pi$$ed over my hand and gave him a nice tap/wipe on the back of his Best No 7 shirt kindly pointing out where I was sitting so he could fulfil is promise if needed. I win would have been so much sweeter with the pleasure of a pre-emptive strike on a rude disrespectful northern twat.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Sep 2006 15:15

You're a dead man? :roll:

Jeez. One day, probably when it's all too late, people will start to realise that the future of the human race should have been protected by the removal of such scum from the gene pool.

Adolf had a point, he just picked the wrong targets.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 25 Sep 2006 15:19

Royal Rother You're a dead man? :roll:

Jeez. One day, probably when it's all too late, people will start to realise that the future of the human race should have been protected by the removal of such scum from the gene pool.

I'm shocked at RR's attitude. He's actually advocating genocide on the Chav race. But what do you expect from single cells?

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 25 Sep 2006 15:37

SpaceCruiser
Royal Rother You're a dead man? :roll:

I'm shocked at RR's attitude. He's actually advocating genocide on the Chav race. But what do you expect from single cells?

I too am shocked, booing a player and singing Dirty Northern Bstds is unacceptable but exterminating the Chav race is fine. It's PC gone mad I tell you.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Sep 2006 16:10

:D Wipe 'em out. It's our only hope!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Sep 2006 16:45

Royal Rother :D Wipe 'em out. It's our only hope!

i have to agree to some extent im afraid, maybe extermination is a bit harsh, but enforced sterilisation is definately a great idea!

if not we of more than one brain cell will soon be in the minority, if not completely extinct.

if we accept that intelligence is at least to some extent genetic, and a large part environmentally/socially influenced
then it stands to reason that:

chavs and poor people breed early, usually having 5 kids by their mid twenties

intelligent and rich tend to be busier and more sensible, and there-fore leave having their one child until their mid thirties.

this 5:1 chav to clever ratio will mean that out of every 5 clever people born, only one will be able to breed with another clever person, the other four will have to dilute their genes with chav spouses, resulting in offspring half as clever as the previous generation

genetically this is a timbbomb waitin to explode

if we do not act now, we (generously including myself in the intelligent category) will be bred out of the gene pool, leaving a nation that has the intelligence of.... say, america
this is probably what has happened in the states, to result in their terminal stupidity

you have been warned
fascist propaganda broadcast over.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Sep 2006 16:54

Do-o-omed, we're doomed I tell ya Mr Mainwaring.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Sep 2006 16:59

I read a book recently called A Canticle for Leibowitz, which was a post apocalypse story written in the 50s.

It started off 600 years after the nuclear war where in the immediate aftermath all the thickos went around exterminating anyone who was remotely clever, as they blamed the destruction of civilisation on the scientists, the teachers, anyone with an education. They destroyed all the books and effectively wiped out all traces of knowledge so that there was no option but to get back to basics where all men were equal.

So the Chavs took over the world! Take care everyone.... Oh actually there's a fair few on here who'd be ok.
Last edited by Royal Rother on 25 Sep 2006 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 25 Sep 2006 17:01

Er, you know it's fiction?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Sep 2006 17:02

Have you read it? Sounds up your street.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 25 Sep 2006 17:11

No, not read it. Who wrote it?

Larry_Parnell

by Larry_Parnell » 25 Sep 2006 17:14

[quote="79Royal"]Anyone that thinks violence is an acceptable way of making a stand is clearly idiotic and has no morals.[quote]
Careful now, you're pissing Bush and Blair off.

215 posts