Seol - The championship was harder!

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Seol - The championship was harder!

by TFF » 02 Oct 2006 23:00

Reading forward Seol Ki-Hyeon believes The Royals have the capability to surpass Wigan and West Ham's achievements from last season as they aim to continue their superb form in their first top flight campaign.

Both The Latics and The Hammers thrived in the top tier of English football last season after winning promotion from The Championship, and Reading have also acclimatised immediately by winning four of their opening seven games.

The South Korea international has played a key role for Steve Coppell's side, scoring the winning goal in the 1-0 win over West Ham at the weekend, and is convinced that The Royals can carry on their title winning form from last season and flourish during the current campaign.

"West Ham and Wigan showed what can happen if you keep playing like you do in The Championship," said Seol.

Their performances gave us confidence to make us believe we can do the same.

"They had no star players and they did well. We can carry on surprising everybody and get even better results than those teams.

"They're coming down but we're coming up. I know there are many big teams in The Premiership but we've got a quality team.

"We're not a big team but it's difficult to beat us."

Seol also claims there will be no pressure on The Royals when they play reigning champions Chelsea at home after the international break.

"The win at West Ham was very important because there are big games coming up, like Chelsea and Arsenal, so we need to get as many points as possible going into those games," Seol continued.

"Chelsea have to win the game, we want to but there's no pressure on us.

"It will be difficult against them but it's difficult to beat us and we won't give them the points easily.

"We'll try to continue what we've done so far.

"It's a home game and we've done well in our home games. As you saw we nearly beat Manchester United, so you just never know."

The forward has impressed ever since joining from Wolverhampton Wanderers over the summer, and Seol says he is finding Premiership football a much more appetising prospect than what he became accustomed to at Molineux.

"I found it very hard to start with because it's a new team and I didn't do well with Wolves.

"Steve Coppell gave me a chance and plays me all the time, so I'm just giving my best which is all I can do for a new team.

"There is a big difference between The Championship and The Premiership but I feel it's more difficult to play in The Championship.

"I've been in English football for three years so this is not difficult for me. I've started well but there's a long way to go and I've got more to show."

-------------------------------------------

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... be+supreme

-------------------------------------------

I like his attitude.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 02 Oct 2006 23:07

So its easier to play in the Prem! Good we should walk this league then :wink:

easxmn

by easxmn » 03 Oct 2006 00:40

good attitude, a bit exagerated, clearly. i suspect that one gets promoted from championship to premiership, not the other way around, for a reason :wink:

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 03 Oct 2006 00:43

higher So its easier to play in the Prem! Good we should walk this league then :wink:

Amybody know what the latest/best odds are for Reading to win the Premiership League outright. :oops:
I won £60 off of hammers fans over the weekend so fancy a lightheaded flutter. I'm looking for about 1000-1 if not more

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 03 Oct 2006 00:57

Bet 365 currently 400/1. The days 1000/1+ have gone and may they keep decreasing.

100/1 FA cup.

Nice little double there

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 03 Oct 2006 08:49

higher 100/1 FA cup.

If I thought Coppell would be putting out a full strength side I'd go for that.

Quite fancy another trip down to the Millennium Stadium :)

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 03 Oct 2006 09:27

higher Bet 365 currently 400/1. The days 1000/1+ have gone and may they keep decreasing.

100/1 FA cup.

Nice little double there

Betfair will get you odds of 900, lightheaded enough for you :wink:

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 03 Oct 2006 09:40

Soel does have a good point, many players are going to play better in the Prem than in the Chamionship because all round the players are better. Too many teams in the championship relly on the physical side of their game and it's difficult to play quality football when your're getting clattered all the time.

One of the best examples of this is Carrick, he was a very average Championship player, but looks miles more at home in the prem.

So for some players them Prem will be easier because they can play thier game and express themselves more.

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 03 Oct 2006 09:46

RIP ELM Park Soel does have a good point, many players are going to play better in the Prem than in the Chamionship because all round the players are better. Too many teams in the championship relly on the physical side of their game and it's difficult to play quality football when your're getting clattered all the time.

One of the best examples of this is Carrick, he was a very average Championship player, but looks miles more at home in the prem.

So for some players them Prem will be easier because they can play thier game and express themselves more.

exactly, more teams try to play nice football rather than doing say a burnley and trying to defend and steal a quick goal. teams are more attacking.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 03 Oct 2006 10:10

Betfair Handicap market has us as second favourites to win the league at 5.5 (Villa at 3.75). Also in the finishing position our spread is 10-13

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1