Let's all do a Chelsea

132 posts
Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 15 Oct 2006 17:07

FiNeRaIn Lets all do a chelsea is piss poor, not original at all.

The "divers, divers divers" chant was loud as hell from y24,25,26 right next to the chelsea fans and thats where all the banter came from, you could see them all wathcing on in disbelief at the volume of the "divers" chant.

Didnt even hear the "lets all do a chelsea" one being sung.

spot on.

bracknell loyal royal!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bracknell loyal royal! » 15 Oct 2006 17:14

The "divers, divers divers" chant was loud as hell from y24,25,26 right next to the chelsea fans and thats where all the banter came from, you could see them all wathcing on in disbelief at the volume of the "divers" chant.

Yep. LOL @ 3 blocks outsinging the whole stadium as per usual!

Totally agree about how crap and unoriginal the 'lets all do a chelsea' chant is, didn't even hear it once!
Last edited by bracknell loyal royal! on 15 Oct 2006 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Oct 2006 17:15

The fact they were signing "chelsea chelsea chelsea" at the same time and same tune made a deafening noise round the ground and added the spice.

G Force 1871
Location: I'll always be on the Southbank halfway up, midway between the halfway line and the away end.

by G Force 1871 » 15 Oct 2006 17:30

BillBrasky
PieEater Does anyone else get a request to accept a certificate when reading this thread?

It's because of the image G Force 1871 tried to post.

Sorry about that, offending image removed.

Not being totally computer literate, do you know why did that happen?

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 15 Oct 2006 17:42

FiNeRaIn The fact they were signing "chelsea chelsea chelsea" at the same time and same tune made a deafening noise round the ground and added the spice.

I thought that was so incredible naff. It just went on and on and on and it was just 'Chelsea' over and over again. I honestly was sitting there thinking that I'd rather have a quiet crowd than to chant something so utterly lacking in imagination.

Blue Army! :oops: :lol:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Oct 2006 17:43

You were a minority then volvic.

pieface

by pieface » 15 Oct 2006 17:47

[quote="FiNeRaIn"]Lets all do a chelsea is piss poor, not original at all.

Didnt even hear the "lets all do a chelsea" one being sung.[/quote]

I agree 100 percent no where near as funny as the divers chant it shut the away fans up in minutes and was sooo funny and everyone was doing it.

Darren Caskey's Dietician
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Darren Caskey's Dietician » 15 Oct 2006 17:54

I agree.

I was at the top of Y24, and all I could hear was Divers, Divers, Divers with the dance. I thought that's what everyone else was singing as well.

BillBrasky

by BillBrasky » 15 Oct 2006 18:03

G Force 1871
BillBrasky
PieEater Does anyone else get a request to accept a certificate when reading this thread?

It's because of the image G Force 1871 tried to post.

Sorry about that, offending image removed.

Not being totally computer literate, do you know why did that happen?

Probably a screw up by the person who designed the site that image was hosted on, nothing you did.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Oct 2006 18:10

ooooo our chant was louder and funnier than your chant
no wonder we cant get it together and sing as one

and to you boys in those three blocks, it may sound louder to you, but thats becuase your sitting in the middle of it, to the rest of the stadium your only as loud as the rest of us.
i was in the north, the divers chant started first at your end, but the rest of the ground started singing the lets all do the chelsea one, and then we couldnt hear you at all, cos mostof the stadium was singing the second, (and IMHO much more amusing) song
the whole stadium doingb the diving action looked great

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 15 Oct 2006 18:12

everyone in Upper West joined in... Couldnt see if Convey was

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 15 Oct 2006 18:22

brendywendy ooooo our chant was louder and funnier than your chant

and to you boys in those three blocks, it may sound louder to you, but thats becuase your sitting in the middle of it, to the rest of the stadium your only as loud as the rest of us.
i was in the north, the divers chant started first at your end, but the rest of the ground started singing the lets all do the chelsea one, and then we couldnt hear you at all, cos mostof the stadium was singing the second, (and IMHO much more amusing) song

"Sing when they're drummin', you only sing when they're drumming" :roll:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Oct 2006 18:23

brendywendy ooooo our chant was louder and funnier than your chant

Its pants and sums up whats wrong with reading fans. "lets all do a chelsea" how original is that?

Our chant countered theirs brilliantly, and they responded to us, not this chilidsh "lets all do a chelsea" effort. Cringeworthy.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 15 Oct 2006 18:27

How is "Divers" to the same chant as "Chelsea" original at all? You took a song they were singing, and immediately changed the words.

:roll:

Anyway, what I came here to say is that if we write into Soccer AM, and tell them about it, they might put it it on

a) to have a go at Tim
b) if they are really short of Third Eyes

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 15 Oct 2006 18:28

AbovetheI "Sing when they're drummin', you only sing when they're drumming" :roll:

"Win when they're cheating, they only win when they're cheating"

newbury royal

by newbury royal » 15 Oct 2006 18:30

I sit in Y24 DD, I didn't hear the lets all do a chelsea either. The DIVERS DIVERS DIVERS was classic though; it shut the Chelsea fans up in seconds! The whole south side of the east stand singing it.

All in all a great atmosphere (Y26,25 and 24 was amazing). Chelsea mate who went to the game said that was the best atmosphere he's heard in years. Lets keep it up, URZZZZ

Harold

by Harold » 15 Oct 2006 18:31

When you were all singing "Lets all do a Chelsea". Did you mean win back to back titles?

by 1960 » 15 Oct 2006 18:34

Sorry, wasn't at the game. What did the "Let's all do a Chelsea" actually entail? People have mentioned a dance. What dance? People have said Chelsea have never had this sung at them before - in what way was it unique? And FFS let's stop the "My dad's chant is bigger than your dad's chant" sad crap.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Oct 2006 18:38

Harold When you were all singing "Lets all do a Chelsea". Did you mean win back to back titles?

f'c'off harold

NSB14L35

by NSB14L35 » 15 Oct 2006 18:44

I was in B14 in the north stand and i have to say that the first i have heard of this "Divers, Divers, Divers" business is in this thread. All I heard was the "Let's all do a Chelsea" chant

132 posts