Reply from Trizia F.....

Rax

Reply from Trizia F.....

by Rax » 19 Oct 2006 19:22

Many thanks for taking the trouble to write - I enjoy getting feedback from all readers - whether it be positive or negative and especially from opposition supporters.

Firstly let me correct you on a couple of things - I am NOT a journalist - "the rag" I write for has a section called Terrace Talk on a Wednesday. This is a section written by four supporters - they are myself (obviously representing Chelsea) and three others who are Manchester United, Liverpool, and Arsenal. None of us are professional writers - I am a surveyor!

Our remit is to write a fans view of their team every week. We are told to be partisan, biased etc etc - so if you wanted a balanced view of the game, you certainly ame to the wrong place!

Secondly I was at the game (have not missed a game home or away or abroad for 23 years) and they were singing Carfree - something I confirmed with a Reading supporter friend of mine after the game.

Lastly, I have studied the slow mo dozens of times and I stand by MY OPINION. As I said no-one but Hunt will know what was deliberate and what wasn't but we are all entitled to our opinion.

Again - many thanks for writing nd good luck for the rest of the season

Regards

Trizia

PS - this is an article from Oliver Holt who writes for the Daily Mirror and I belive is a Manchester Utd fan

LOOK AGAIN..THIS TIME MOURINHO HAS GOT ONE RIGHT
18 October 2006
HERE'S a little multiple choice quiz question for a professional footballer on how he might be expected to behave in a given situation.

A few seconds after the start of a match one Saturday evening, you see the world's best goalkeeper run out of his goal and gather the ball cleanly. You, an opposing midfielder, are still several yards away. Do you:

A. Realise there is no chance of the world's best goalkeeper spilling the ball, change the direction of your run and jog back towards the half-way line.

B.Go for the Hollywood option, carry on with your run and hurdle the keeper as he lies on the floor clutching the ball.

C. Continue to run straight at the goalkeeper as he lies on the floor with the ball, watch your knee collide with his head and then stand back as he is taken to hospital with a fractured skull.

Tough one, isn't it? A real head-scratcher. Or, in the vexed case of Stephen Hunt and Petr Cech, a real headbreaker.

The best that can be said of Reading's enthusiastic midfielder, who hurtled into Cech in the first minute of last Saturday's clash with Chelsea, is that he has an exceedingly slow football brain.

The worst is that his aggression has put Cech out of football for a year and may have changed the life of the goalkeeper forever.

Cech has two metal plates in his head now as he lies in the John Radcliffe Infirmary in Oxford and yet football's neanderthal instinct seems to be to leap to Hunt's defence.

One of the worst things about the incident is the way the apologists for violence in football have formulated such a preposterous defence for the Reading player.

Because in their rush to defend the indefensible all they have done is blurred the message that what Hunt did was unacceptable and by doing that, they've cleared the way for it to happen again.

The grizzled old pros with no cartilage in either knee and not a lot between the ears either have been trotted out to produce the usual garbage about the good old days.

You know the type. The Monty Python merchants unwittingly re-enacting the Four Yorkshiremen sketch. "You were lucky," they say. "We used to dream about getting kneed in the head."

Bob Wilson wins the prize for getting closest to that but then I suppose that's what you expect from a bloke who was mentor to a muppet who called himself Safe Hands.

Let's get one thing straight right away. Hunt's challenge on Cech wasn't for a 50-50 ball. It wasn't even 60-40 against Hunt. Not 70-30 either. Not 80-20. Not 90-10.

Cech had it. It was 100 per cent his. It was under his control. It was in his possession.

"Our momentum meant a collision was unavoidable," Hunt said. Sorry, pal, I know you're desperate but that's not true.

It was totally avoidable. I'll tell you how. Just don't slam your knee into Cech's head. Simple. Fractured skull suddenly entirely avoidable.

Whether Hunt meant to do it or not is another matter. Only he will ever know that.

I imagine he is somewhat taken aback by quite how serious the consequences of his action have been to a fellow professional. Again, only he knows that. What is certain is that according to the laws of the game, he should have been sent off for the injury he inflicted on Cech.

He wasn't in control of the outcome of his challenge and it endangered the safety of his opponent. That equals a red card.

Luckily for Hunt, a wet lettuce called Mike Riley was in charge and the best he could muster was one of his thin little smiles.

And don't listen to the people who say it couldn't have been deliberate because it would be professional suicide for a footballer to knee someone in the head.

Those people say Hunt would never have done that because he would have been too worried about hurting himself.

Well, remind me then which player got carried off on a stretcher and is still in hospital and which player played for 90 minutes without a scratch?

Hunt may well have placed his knee in terrible danger when it collided with Petr Cech's head but thankfully the knee seems to have emerged unscathed.

Petr Cech might be in a bit of a state but Hunt and his knee are doing just fine. Sighs of relief all round.

So in synopsys, our least favourite bint had the 'Carfree' song confirmed to her by a Reading supporting friend - even more laughable is the acticle she seeks to rely on in her defence posted by a so called United fan - and I thought it was only our Trizia that was deluded!!

:roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Oct 2006 19:42

She heard 'Carfree'?!!

So not only has she got impaired vision but dodgy hearing as well - poor cow! Still at least the civil service have given her a job - I just hope she isn't advising our farmers or they'll be spraying their crops with weedkiller and trying to milk their chickens!

Rax So in synopsys, our least favourite bint had the 'Carfree' song confirmed to her by a Reading supporting friend

Ah, perhaps her Reading supporting friend is Martin Salter and he was singing a song extolling the virtues of New Labour's transport policy!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 19 Oct 2006 19:45, edited 2 times in total.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 19 Oct 2006 19:42

Have you seen the many opposing articles to that?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Reply from Trizia F.....

by Forbury Lion » 19 Oct 2006 19:42

Rax PS - this is an article from Oliver Holt who writes for the Daily Mirror and I belive is a Manchester Utd fan[/b]
Already posted by Ken Dodd.

Is this journalist suggesting players don't pressure a keeper (or team for that matter), simply because someone or other rates them as being one of the best in the world?

On that basis, we shouldn't have even bothered trying to give Chelsea a game and just allowed them to win the match at ease. No point trying to stop their shots on goal as they're not going to miss because so and so said in the newspaper that they're the best striker in the world :roll:

Players have the right to chase lost causes, whether the incident could have been avoided or not is an entirely different matter.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Oct 2006 19:49

Oliver Holt, the Redbeard Rum of Wapping. Opinion is divided on the matter. Everyone else says it's an accident, I say it isn't. And whatsherface is his Mrs Miggins

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 19 Oct 2006 19:56

RoyalBlue She heard 'Carfree'?!!

So not only has she got impaired vision but dodgy hearing as well - poor cow!

there were a few "yoofs" singing the "fight, fight" version, but certainly not "carefree".

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 19 Oct 2006 22:32

I won' bore you with the details of my response to her rantings, but she did mail back with the usual tosh about how she just knew Hunt deliberately injured Cech etc etc, and that it was her OPINION. I reminded her of libel laws, and the fact that everyone is innocnet until PROVEN guilty. I requested she issue a retraction on her fan page, and then proceeded to bombard her with emails containing the myriad sensible balanced press reports about the incidents and Moronho's later slanderous remarks about RFC and the ambulance service.

She's only a Chelsea fan writing for a paper, and hte hotmail address is her own personal address. By going on NewsNow RFC, opening the various press articles, it is usually possible to "forward this article to a friend", so all you do is press the relevant button, add her hotmail address, ensuring that you post the full article in HTML rather than the link, and lo, her hotmail inbox becomes jammed with press cuttings describing what ACTUALLY happened.

Seems she is waiting with interest to read other articles that hold different views to the twat in the Mirror.

How big is a hotmail inbox capacity these days?

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 19 Oct 2006 22:37

About 2 gig

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 19 Oct 2006 22:45

I read that Oliver Holt article. That guy is a tart, i sent him an angry e-mail, something a retired engineer would have been proud of. Still, no response.

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 19 Oct 2006 22:50

She is a Facilities Manager, not a Surveyor.

Big difference, one is making sure the cleaners empty the bins....the other is a career.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 19 Oct 2006 22:57

Surveyor my arse Jumped up Facilities manager who has too much time on her hands to stuff her face with cakes and post on the internet from her work e-mail address but only after she has finished counting the biros of course :roll: :roll:

Daily Mirror classy paper that must be true :lol:

At the risk of sounding stupid how does this Carefree song go???? As I have only been a Season ticket holder since I moved down from Scotland in 1999 and I have never heard it... Must be from before my time . :roll:

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 19 Oct 2006 23:10

bigmike Surveyor my arse Jumped up Facilities manager who has too much time on her hands to stuff her face with cakes and post on the internet from her work e-mail address but only after she has finished counting the biros of course :roll: :roll:

Daily Mirror classy paper that must be true :lol:

At the risk of sounding stupid how does this Carefree song go???? As I have only been a Season ticket holder since I moved down from Scotland in 1999 and I have never heard it... Must be from before my time . :roll:

Something about being Carefree, gonna buy anyone they see, not giving a fcuk about the transfer fee, when they dive they get a 5.3 or something rubbish like that.

Apocalypse Now
Location: " Has anyone here at this reading home game, got a season ticket"- Pa Dickhead

by Apocalypse Now » 19 Oct 2006 23:11

We were not singing carefree, what is she on?

its FIGHT FIGHT not carefree...idiot.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 19 Oct 2006 23:12

In the interests of fair play, and balanced reasoned argument (something HNA? excels in :lol: ) Is it not possible that, her delusional misunderstanding is due to her having never missed a Chelsea game home or overseas in 23 years. She is unlikely to recognise fair, attacking, exciting football played, in the best spirit of the game.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Oct 2006 23:15

Does anyone remember a sports discussion programme on Channel 4 on Saturday mornings hosted by Victoria Derbyshire? Oliver Holt was the fey little Home Counties tossrag with silver spoon up his arse who appeared most weeks and argued that black was white just to get a reaction.

I reckon he was bullied relentlessly as a child, the smug little turd.

It's the munter and the cnunter, what a lovely couple.

A face to launch a thousand fists.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 19 Oct 2006 23:21, edited 4 times in total.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reply from Trizia F.....

by M4 Junction 11 » 19 Oct 2006 23:16

Rax Many thanks for taking the trouble to write - I enjoy getting feedback from all readers

Sounds like she wants you to invite her out :roll:

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 19 Oct 2006 23:20

Rotter

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 19 Oct 2006 23:20

From Despair To Where?

A face to launch a thousand fists.
The Mirror lets him write that stuff. Answer. Don't buy The Mirror

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Oct 2006 23:22

Never have, never will.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 19 Oct 2006 23:27

Apocalypse Now We were not singing carefree, what is she on?

its FIGHT FIGHT not carefree...idiot.

thought it was.....

Run, run, wherever you may be,
We are the famous RFC...........

i think this was sung.......cant remember but proves she is deaf and her 'friend' is either a plastic or she is a triple chinned sumo sized liar who has no friends