Now That's What I Call Football!!!!!!!!!!

121 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Now That's What I Call Football!!!!!!!!!!

by Royal Rother » 22 Oct 2006 18:22

Fantastic!

When Arsenal play like that it really is the beautiful game.

The best football ever seen at Reading.

Hopefully we can learn from it and aspire to add a few of their moves to our game. In fact there were a few signs in the last 10 minutes of us doing just that so I look forward to some lovely one touch, pass into space (not to feet) football in the coming weeks!!

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 22 Oct 2006 18:26

I have to say, I.M.O. that's the best football that's ever been played at that stadium, top quality stuff.....

Learn from what you witnessed Reading.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Oct 2006 18:30

Feet back on the ground time for sure - probably not a bad thing to be honest.

It also looked like the events of last Saturday had had an effect - we just didn't get close enough to them all game.

If there were ever a time to play 4-5-1 this season it was then.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 22 Oct 2006 18:35

Platypuss Feet back on the ground time for sure - probably not a bad thing to be honest.

It also looked like the events of last Saturday had had an effect - we just didn't get close enough to them all game.

Without Kitson would we really have anybody to hold the ball up in that formation though?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 22 Oct 2006 18:40

Once were Biscuitmen
Platypuss Feet back on the ground time for sure - probably not a bad thing to be honest.

Without Kitson would we really have anybody to hold the ball up in that formation though?

Well he had one shot on target with 442. At least 451 might have seen us control the ball a little in the midfield.

addsrfc

by addsrfc » 22 Oct 2006 18:45

arsenal are a different class , if they play like that week in week out i cant see any team holding them off , henry is just quality !!!

Cemy Junction Expat

by Cemy Junction Expat » 22 Oct 2006 18:52

And what a contrast to Chelsea ... I can't think of a single dubious incident all game - apart perhaps from Lehmann trying to wind Hunt up.

Really top class stuff

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 22 Oct 2006 18:55

addsrfc arsenal are a different class , if they play like that week in week out i cant see any team holding them off , henry is just quality !!!

The trouble is they don't play like that every week. If they did they'd be top of the league.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 22 Oct 2006 18:57

alad
addsrfc arsenal are a different class , if they play like that week in week out i cant see any team holding them off , henry is just quality !!!

The trouble is they don't play like that every week. If they did they'd be top of the league.

Still early days.....

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 22 Oct 2006 19:02

Pure class !!
We're still in the Top 10 with seven teams not yet in double figures. Looking forward to Pompey away

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Oct 2006 19:05

Cemy Junction Expat And what a contrast to Chelsea ... I can't think of a single dubious incident all game - apart perhaps from Lehmann trying to wind Hunt up.

Really top class stuff

We looked a bit too scared to tackle them, to be honest, and ended up standing off far too much.

As a result they had all the time in the world to pick us off.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 22 Oct 2006 19:08

True, we did hold back but isn't that how we played against them at Highbury in the cup last season. There is a lot of respect in the Reading squad for Arsenal ... perhaps too much.

Darren Caskey's Dietician
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Darren Caskey's Dietician » 22 Oct 2006 19:08

I agree.

Arsenal were absolutely superb today.

It felt like we were desperately missing Murts - they scored and the heads went down. He would have rallied the troops, and we may have performed slightly better - although I don't for a second think it would have stopped us losing.

After the last 2 games, the player who has had the biggest impact for me is Little. As soon as he comes on, he causes havok for the opposition. He runs at them, nearly always gets past the wing backs, and supplies great crosses. I think it's time he was started again. With us looking weak up top, I think Coppell should look at pushing Seol up top with Doyle, putting Little on the left, and then Convey/Hunt on the left.

De La Cruz was absolutely dire - Gunnarsson shored it up somewhat. Again, whilst Murts is out, I think Gunnarsson should be in the starting 11.

I don't think we can let our heads drop too much after that. If we can go and get at least point at Pompey, I think we will have come out of the back of our toughest run this season in good stead.

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 22 Oct 2006 19:08

we were completly out classed by a far better team, easily the best football we're likely to see for a while, looking forward to reading bouncing back though :D

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 22 Oct 2006 19:16

Agree with you Puss, we did tend to stand off a little - don't think that was a bad thing to be honest, after last week, I would hate to have continued to build an undeserved reputation for being a dirty side. We did look better when we went 4-5-1, and if Murts remains injured for a while, looks to me like Bryn is our best option at right back.

Good football from Arsenal, a clean game from both sides, and to be honest, there was some good moments from us too.

Arsenal won with class, we lost with dignity.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Oct 2006 19:17

They were a different class today, agreed. I wonder how long it is before we hear from their resident fan...

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Oct 2006 19:18

Darren Caskey's Dietician I agree.

After the last 2 games, the player who has had the biggest impact for me is Little. As soon as he comes on, he causes havok for the opposition. He runs at them, nearly always gets past the wing backs, and supplies great crosses. I think it's time he was started again.

Totally agree - I'd be shocked if Little doesn't start next game. In fact, I was shocked it took Coppell so long to send him on - by the time we were 4:0 down it was too late! I guess the only concern is his lack of pace and maybe not being so good defensively - but he makes up for that by being able to unlock defences and hold up the ball going forward so it doesn't came back straight away.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 22 Oct 2006 19:20

SpaceCruiser Arsenal were oxf*rd lucky, just caught us on a bad day. It was never a oxf*rd penalty, cheating oxf*rd. Henry can only score against the small teams. French oxf*rd. oxf*rd off Arsenal and Wenger.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 22 Oct 2006 19:23

SpaceCruiser Arsenal were oxf*rd lucky, just caught us on a bad day. It was never a oxf*rd penalty, cheating oxf*rd. Henry can only score against the small teams. French oxf*rd. oxf*rd off Arsenal and Wenger.

I don't know how you can say that, if you honestly think that, you don't know an awful lot about football.

We were outclassed.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Oct 2006 19:24

alad

:lol:

121 posts