Refwatch...LIVERPOOL(A)

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 01 Nov 2006 18:05

Maybe it's because those referees have big egos and think that they're the star of the show. And think that they need to dish out as many cards as possible to increase their reputation.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 01 Nov 2006 18:08

Rennie had a good game when we played WHU. I admire him because not only does he have to face the "all refs are utter w@nkers" attitude, but he also has to deal with the fact that half of all football fans will be even more badly disposed towards him because he's black. He always conducts himself with dignity and self-control, which is more than can be said for many refs.

Apocalypse Now
Location: " Has anyone here at this reading home game, got a season ticket"- Pa Dickhead

by Apocalypse Now » 01 Nov 2006 18:09

Hope he keeps an eye out for Gerrard's diving and Crouch's elbowing.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 01 Nov 2006 18:27

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :x :x

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 01 Nov 2006 18:48

Arch Rennie had a good game when we played WHU. I admire him because not only does he have to face the "all refs are utter w@nkers" attitude, but he also has to deal with the fact that half of all football fans will be even more badly disposed towards him because he's black. He always conducts himself with dignity and self-control, which is more than can be said for many refs.

Agree with this. And any ref who has wrestled Roy Keane on a football field is a good one in my books.

E. Andrew

by E. Andrew » 01 Nov 2006 19:09

cmonurz
Arch Rennie had a good game when we played WHU. I admire him because not only does he have to face the "all refs are utter w@nkers" attitude, but he also has to deal with the fact that half of all football fans will be even more badly disposed towards him because he's black. He always conducts himself with dignity and self-control, which is more than can be said for many refs.

Agree with this. And any ref who has wrestled Roy Keane on a football field is a good one in my books.

anyone at all

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 01 Nov 2006 22:03

"This is my ball, my game, so you can all Oxf*rd off..."

Oh and....

"Rafa what have I told you...

Oh dear....

WSRL

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Refwatch...LIVERPOOL(A)

by Horsham Royal » 01 Nov 2006 22:29

fruits Lets concede now and give the boys a day off. Rennie has to be worst ref in the Prem and that is saying something.
I don't understand posts like this.
Liverpool are just as likely to be on the wrong end of a bad decision as we are (not withstanding the normal home bias that most referees show).

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 02 Nov 2006 08:22

Kevin Keegan on losing to Liverpool by a dodgy penalty.
Quote:
I never talk about Uriah Rennie except to say I dont like him as a referee.Never have never will.Ask Mr Rennie he`s a law unto himself.Ask his agent if I can have an interview with Mr Rennie.
Love it just love it.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 02 Nov 2006 08:49

I'll tell you again Mr Carson it is NOT the way you tell 'em.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 02 Nov 2006 13:17

Must admit that of all the ref's Uriah is the one I have most respect for but he does tend to let himself down on occasion. Wasn't he the one who cost Watford their first win by disallowing a perfectly good goal last week.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Nov 2006 13:19

SpaceCruiser Harper's disallowed free-kick was against QPR.

And the referee on that ocassion was, IIRC, Barry 'shite' Knight.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 02 Nov 2006 13:30

Lester Schapter
Clive Wilkes
Brian Coddington (the only ref to send off 4 players from 1 team)

They're shit refs for you. Compared to them i'd have Rennie as ref any day.

Besides, surely we would want a poor ref for this game anyway? More chance of evening it up

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 02 Nov 2006 13:57

Always though the most appropriate ref was that chap from Great Bookham - anyone remeber his name?

Kevin Lynch, who retired a year or two ago, always seems to be pretty good.

Clive Thomas anyone?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 02 Nov 2006 15:15

It's been downhill since Jack Taylor

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 02 Nov 2006 16:26

Must admit that of all the ref's Uriah is the one I have most respect for but he does tend to let himself down on occasion. Wasn't he the one who cost Watford their first win by disallowing a perfectly good goal last week.

I think you'll find that if he was officiatiing this game, it was his linesman that let him down. Not Rennie himself.

Vic_Flange

by Vic_Flange » 02 Nov 2006 17:02

Bad News : Its Uriah "The best conman in history to become a ref in the Football League, nevermind the Premiership" Rennie

Good News : Its against Liverpool @ Anfield

And yes I am a pessimist.

by If you still hate Futcher » 03 Nov 2006 12:37

handbags_harris
If you still hate Futcher Must admit that of all the ref's Uriah is the one I have most respect for but he does tend to let himself down on occasion. Wasn't he the one who cost Watford their first win by disallowing a perfectly good goal last week.

I think you'll find that if he was officiatiing this game, it was his linesman that let him down. Not Rennie himself.

I agree to a certain extent but he was in a very good position to see for himself and he does have the option to overrule his "assistant".

Don't the officials come as a set now, meaning that we'll also have the same assistants as well?

Anyway that was just an example to highlight his, shall we say, "eccentricities". I still like the general way he conducts himself and the authority he shows on the pitch.

I would hope that if you want a ref that won't be swayed by a baying Kop then Uriah's your man.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 04 Nov 2006 19:02

Couldnt go to game but from commentary he seemed a tad picky at times and it would have been nice if he had blown a fuse and awarded us a couple of pens.
Comments anyone who went?

B16

by B16 » 04 Nov 2006 19:05

From watching it on t'internet he was consistent through out and let a couple of challenges go that most other refs might have blwon for but he let the game flow and there were no diabolical decisions.