Kitson's Return

Long_Boi

Kitson's Return

by Long_Boi » 14 Nov 2006 22:55

Anyone think that Kits will be ready to the the reserve game against Charlton (A) @ Gravesend & Nor'flt's ground on Monday 20/11? Saw a little snippet in the Evening Scote that implied it's a possibility.

Also anyone who what time this game Kick's Off?

Coppell's Right Footed 11

Re: Kitson's Return

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 14 Nov 2006 23:00

Long_Boi Anyone think that Kits will be ready to the the reserve game against Charlton (A) @ Gravesend & Nor'flt's ground on Monday 20/11? Saw a little snippet in the Evening Scote that implied it's a possibility.

If so great news for us, but i would suprised though with himself only starting physical contact training on thursday

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 14 Nov 2006 23:01

We've rushed him back too soon in the past. Let's hope we don't make the same mistake again.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 14 Nov 2006 23:04

We'v scored goals from all over the pitch again this season. Shoot me down if you want but, I can't say we're missing Kitson.....

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 14 Nov 2006 23:05

AbovetheI We'v scored goals from all over the pitch again this season. Shoot me down if you want but, I can't say we're missing Kitson.....

We're missing his ability to win the ball in the air and hold up play whilst others join the attack - our "possession" figures speak for themselves in that.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 14 Nov 2006 23:10

Dirk Gently
AbovetheI We'v scored goals from all over the pitch again this season. Shoot me down if you want but, I can't say we're missing Kitson.....

We're missing his ability to win the ball in the air and hold up play whilst others join the attack - our "possession" figures speak for themselves in that.

True, well i guess. I just don't see how Kitson will influence the way we've played this season without him.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 14 Nov 2006 23:12

He's another option - we've got precious few at the moment, so the sooner the better!

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 15 Nov 2006 00:23

Didn't we score goals from all over the pitch last season?

And, didn't Kitson chip in with the odd 20 himself :?

Do you think we're better off without those 20 goals?

HNA? just gets better.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Nov 2006 08:42

AbovetheI
Dirk Gently

True, well i guess. I just don't see how Kitson will influence the way we've played this season without him.

By allowing us to play in a different and potentially more effective way. As DG said, our possession figures have been woeful at times this year, this is in part down to the fact that the ball comes back at us too quickly. Kitson is the best we have at holding the play up with his back to goal allowing players to get up and support from the back.

He is also taller and arugably the best header at the club, given the amount of crosses in to the box that we tend to get in I personally think he would have had nearly as many goals as Doyle has at this time.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 15 Nov 2006 09:02

Woodcote Royal

HNA? just gets better.

Well without him we would have still scored 79 goals in the season, and been promoted.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Nov 2006 09:03

Rawlie19
Woodcote Royal

HNA? just gets better.

Well without him we would have still scored 79 goals in the season, and been promoted.

That is quite possibly one of the most flawed arguements ever!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 15 Nov 2006 09:42

Long_Boi Anyone think that Kits will be ready to the the reserve game against Charlton (A) @ Gravesend & Nor'flt's ground on Monday 20/11? Saw a little snippet in the Evening Scote that implied it's a possibility.

Nope, he was training on Saturday and was only side footing a ball all day. He is not going to be ready for months

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 15 Nov 2006 10:21

we're missing his height

a royal called morty

by a royal called morty » 15 Nov 2006 11:47

I'll be glad to see him come back, but at the same time i don't want his recovery to be rushed, I would rather wait a few extra weeks to see him near 100%, than bring him back too fast and see him struggle.

Gatecrasher

by Gatecrasher » 15 Nov 2006 12:02

don't miss Kitson :shock:

so why are we playing Bikey upfront in a reserves game then?

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 15 Nov 2006 12:08

Huntley & Palmer

Nope, he was training on Saturday and was only side footing a ball all day. He is not going to be ready for months

why do people make comments they cant back up?

same with rl and schards , fair enough give your observations, but nobody apart from the physio team has a clue when he is going to be ready, all these predictions need to stop

Pridders

by Pridders » 15 Nov 2006 12:12

I saw Kits last night jogging around prospect park with his dog waggles. His knee locked fine to me as he lapped me twice..

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Nov 2006 12:14

juanpablo
Huntley & Palmer

why do people make comments they cant back up?

same with rl and schards , fair enough give your observations, but nobody apart from the physio team has a clue when he is going to be ready, all these predictions need to stop
I made it clear that it was my observations I was going on, but failed to see that Kits would be back in the near future. If I had not seen him hobbling about, I would agree that to make a rash statement would be daft, however, not only have I seen him, but I have a few "contacts". HTH

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 15 Nov 2006 12:18

NURSE, NURSE!!

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 15 Nov 2006 12:20

well i think you stated that he could barely stand/walk?

next thing i hear from the club he is doing great and joining in non contact training

?