Just how good does it feel.....?

Reading Abbey

Just how good does it feel.....?

by Reading Abbey » 20 Nov 2006 14:13

We're 8th in the Barclay's Premier League and we still have the big man to come back into the side and further boost our fire power!

A packed house every game, great atmosphere week in week out with away fans across the country praising us for it, a stadium set to be expanded to a level beyond many of our dreams and I don't think I've ever been so proud of our club [wipes away tear in girlie fashion]

I can't wait for January either! 8)

Pants of Primus

by Pants of Primus » 20 Nov 2006 14:16

quite good really.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 20 Nov 2006 14:25

I agree its almost unbelieveable. When I think that I'd pretty much resigned myself to a life of watching 2nd and 3rd tier football at best, just a few seasons ago, it is amazing what's happening at the moment.

Let's not forget where we have come from and where we are now. I cannot stomach the abuse that is still meated out to some of our players (e.g. Seoul and Hunt) by a clueless minority of our fans even as we precipitate over our highest EVER league position.

A place above relegation in the Prem at the end of this season would stilll fulfil the wildest dreams for where I thought we would be as a club now !

The false dawns are over, we are here now and let's hope we stay where our current footballing abilities as a club belong, but please lets hope our fans can, for the most part, remain realistic about our chances ! :wink:

Crowthorne Royal

by Crowthorne Royal » 20 Nov 2006 14:41

Couldn't agree more. I just want to hug everyone at the moment, on cloud 9. Saturday - Listened to Gilkesy on 107 and recalled how much entertainment he always gave us at Elm Park. I'm really glad he''s got this media gig regularly. Walked up to the game and in to the MS to find yet another cracking atmosphere (I was a bit concerned the 'newbies' may choose to stay away for this one). Another good performance from The Royals (although not as good as I heard all the players say it was afterwards!!) Plus, a lot of teams in and around us drawing or losing to boot. Sat night, watched MOTD to hear The pundits bigging us up and I again watched Seol's goal and purred. If Chelski or Man U had scored that the plaudits would be making 'Brazillian' type comments.
If only every saturday could be like this......Long may this fantastic situation continue. So, so proud to be a Royal. Always have been and always will be, but with my fellow Royals 'singing their hearts out for the lads' every game......Can it get any better ?.........YES - A cracking AWAY win at a relatively BIG club. Newcastle A ??? :P

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 20 Nov 2006 14:46

Crowthorne Royal Can it get any better ?.........YES - A cracking AWAY win at a relatively BIG club. Newcastle A ??? :P

BLUE BLUE BLUE ARMY......... 8)

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 20 Nov 2006 15:48

Crowthorne Royal Can it get any better ?.........YES - A cracking AWAY win at a relatively BIG club. Newcastle A ??? :P

Here here. Fulham first. :wink:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Nov 2006 16:02

Fantastic. I have a liverpool housemate and he just isn't used to this at all :lol:

fruits

by fruits » 20 Nov 2006 16:59

Crowthorne Royal Couldn't agree more. I just want to hug everyone at the moment, on cloud 9. Saturday - Listened to Gilkesy on 107 and recalled how much entertainment he always gave us at Elm Park. I'm really glad he''s got this media gig regularly. Walked up to the game and in to the MS to find yet another cracking atmosphere (I was a bit concerned the 'newbies' may choose to stay away for this one). Another good performance from The Royals (although not as good as I heard all the players say it was afterwards!!) Plus, a lot of teams in and around us drawing or losing to boot. Sat night, watched MOTD to hear The pundits bigging us up and I again watched Seol's goal and purred. If Chelski or Man U had scored that the plaudits would be making 'Brazillian' type comments.
If only every saturday could be like this......Long may this fantastic situation continue. So, so proud to be a Royal. Always have been and always will be, but with my fellow Royals 'singing their hearts out for the lads' every game......Can it get any better ?.........YES - A cracking AWAY win at a relatively BIG club. Newcastle A ??? :P

I have to pinch myself, after nearly 50 years of watching and following my beloved Reading, on January 10th 2007 it will be 50 years since I saw my first Reading match, a 2-1 loss in a FA Cup replay against Wrexham.

I am reading a Spanish newspaper and there is a report about Reading F.C., I am in a Spanish bar having a drink and who do I see on the tele Seol and Doyler scoring goals. Incredible,long may it continue.

I know certain players receive most of the plaudits,but I would like to say a big thanks to John Oster for one , he came to us with a bit of a reputation , he has n´t been given a run in the team but whenever he comes on he does really well,tries really hard does n´t seem to cause any trouble with team spirit, just does his job to the best of his ability.

The whole team, management are heroes, Sir Steve you are the greatest.

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 20 Nov 2006 17:38

Nezhen
Let's not forget where we have come from and where we are now. I cannot stomach the abuse that is still meated out to some of our players (e.g. Seoul and Hunt) by a clueless minority of our fans even as we precipitate over our highest EVER league position.

Fully agree. A few years ago we could only dream of having players like them.

E. Andrew

by E. Andrew » 20 Nov 2006 17:44

fruits I have to pinch myself, after nearly 50 years of watching and following my beloved Reading, on January 10th 2007 it will be 50 years since I saw my first Reading match, a 2-1 loss in a FA Cup replay against Wrexham.

I am reading a Spanish newspaper and there is a report about Reading F.C., I am in a Spanish bar having a drink and who do I see on the tele Seol and Doyler scoring goals. Incredible,long may it continue.

I know certain players receive most of the plaudits,but I would like to say a big thanks to John Oster for one , he came to us with a bit of a reputation , he has n´t been given a run in the team but whenever he comes on he does really well,tries really hard does n´t seem to cause any trouble with team spirit, just does his job to the best of his ability.

The whole team, management are heroes, Sir Steve you are the greatest.

my favorite part. well said, fruits.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 20 Nov 2006 17:48

It's like how I wanted heaven to be - not that I'll ever get there, but you know what I mean.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 Nov 2006 17:49

8th in November means nothing, HTH

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 20 Nov 2006 17:50

Barry the bird boggler 8th in November means nothing, HTH

Are you Steve Coppell?

E. Andrew

by E. Andrew » 20 Nov 2006 18:02

yea.... haven't you heard, mate? :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Nov 2006 18:03

Elm PArk
Nezhen

We are great and its wonderful I agree, but where has the abuse been? I've seen a fair amount of reasonable criticism, But I wasn't aware anyone being unreasonably abusing.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Nov 2006 18:27

Ian Royal
Elm PArk
Nezhen

We are great and its wonderful I agree, but where has the abuse been? I've seen a fair amount of reasonable criticism, But I wasn't aware anyone being unreasonably abusing.

You have to remember Ian that you cannot post anything other than complete praise on every Reading player even if they have room for improvement

royal madrid

by royal madrid » 20 Nov 2006 18:32

Fruits, a request.

Which paper? Were you watching on Sky or Spanish TV?
They often show the Premiership goals here on Madrid's local station but for some reason we're seldom featured. On the bright side the main papers have stopped spelling our name in the same way as a dead soul singer.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Just how good does it feel.....?

by floyd__streete » 20 Nov 2006 18:44

Reading Abbey We're 8th in the Barclay's Premier League and we still have the big man to come back into the side and further boost our fire power!

And there is still two thirds of the season to go.

Welcome to the complacency thread.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 20 Nov 2006 19:00

I feel a bit lost at Reading games these days. There's nothing to moan about!

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Nov 2006 19:02

floyd__streete
Reading Abbey We're 8th in the Barclay's Premier League and we still have the big man to come back into the side and further boost our fire power!

And there is still two thirds of the season to go.

Welcome to the complacency thread.

Looks to me like a thread where everyone is just over the moon at how well their team are doing and want to share this joy with fellow supporters....................those who prefer to slit their wrists just in case it all goes pear shaped are probably in the wrong place :roll:

It's not our fault that Battle Hospital closed
(NB F LOL yd hates a small font :? )
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 20 Nov 2006 19:04, edited 1 time in total.