Oster (2)

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 03 Dec 2006 12:45

MOTM The premiership suits him. Remember WBA at home in the cup last season he played really well. Tough call for SC on Weds to leave him out or play Glenn.

fruits

by fruits » 03 Dec 2006 12:49

doylefan
Woodcote Royal Well played Johnny Oster, I hope the East Stand cheering your name pleased you as much as it did me.

loved hearing this!! joined in too in the north stand!!

What a problem Little, Oster how does one chose ? I suppose Little has to be nº 1 choice as he is so consistent , but if Oster can get a run and is consistent what a problem for Sir Steve.

Hunt and Oster were said to be crap both playing out of their skins its like two new top signings.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Dec 2006 14:01

Jackson Corner MOTM The premiership suits him. Remember WBA at home in the cup last season he played really well. Tough call for SC on Weds to leave him out or play Glenn.
Unless he plays them both, Little in for Seol playing behind Doyle.

igoe agogo

by igoe agogo » 03 Dec 2006 14:04

At Sunderland they said Oster was a 9/10 player in 1/10 games.

I'd be happy with 8/10 in 5/10

Bristol Royalz

by Bristol Royalz » 03 Dec 2006 14:16

Was it just me or did Oster look in far better shape and had lost weight from where he was last season.

He did play very well yesterday.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 03 Dec 2006 14:34

Great game for Oster, deserves a start against Newcastle, but I'd rest him and play Little for Watford. Only reason is that Watford smack high balls all game and I think Little is a better header of the ball than Oster.

Well done John Oster, more of the same on Wednesday please.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Dec 2006 14:42

But no guarantee that Little will be fit by next weekend.

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 03 Dec 2006 14:45

Agree with the comments, not easy palying for the reserves week in week out, he started and was more hungry than ever. Certainly made an impression on me and should start at St James'

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 03 Dec 2006 15:46

Totally agree... was brilliant yesterday deserved MOTM for me

Well done and keep up the good work, you did us all proud yesterday

Heart and Seol

by Heart and Seol » 03 Dec 2006 16:22

Hunt and Oster "not good enough"

what are you on mate? Hunty was amazing for us last season and even better so far this one.

agree with Oster though, and i dont think he played all that well, obviously btter than usual but not exceptional

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Dec 2006 17:11

I think you've misunderstood something there. :lol:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 Dec 2006 00:39

Heart and Seol Hunt and Oster "not good enough"

what are you on mate? Hunty was amazing for us last season and even better so far this one.

agree with Oster though, and i dont think he played all that well, obviously btter than usual but not exceptional

1. Oster was man of the match yesterday.

2. On both players' total performances on average, they aren't good enough to make our first team. However, both are in good form at the moment and I would like to see it continue (although I thought Hunt had a much poorer game yesterday than he has recently).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Dec 2006 09:06

Royalee
Heart and Seol Hunt and Oster "not good enough"

1. Oster was man of the match yesterday.

2. On both players' total performances on average, they aren't good enough to make our first team. However, both are in good form at the moment and I would like to see it continue (although I thought Hunt had a much poorer game yesterday than he has recently).

Can't agree on 2, he was given a very specific job to do, to float in behind the front 2 and get in the face of the Bolton midfield to stop them playing, something he did very well.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 04 Dec 2006 09:16

Stranded Can't agree on 2, he was given a very specific job to do, to float in behind the front 2 and get in the face of the Bolton midfield to stop them playing, something he did very well.

Totally agree. Hunt was everywhere on Saturday, almost playing an energetic Mick Gooding/ Parky type role of closing everything down.

Excellent performance.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 04 Dec 2006 09:29

Jerry St Clair
Stranded Can't agree on 2, he was given a very specific job to do, to float in behind the front 2 and get in the face of the Bolton midfield to stop them playing, something he did very well.

Totally agree. Hunt was everywhere on Saturday, almost playing an energetic Mick Gooding/ Parky type role of closing everything down.

Excellent performance.

Excellent is way off: he did work very hard off the ball - but he was pretty poor when he had it. His first touch was way off.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Dec 2006 09:41

Platypuss
Jerry St Clair

Excellent performance.

Excellent is way off: he did work very hard off the ball - but he was pretty poor when he had it. His first touch was way off.

That was his downfall on Sat, he executed his instructions brilliantly but was very poor on the ball at times. He had a good game as he did use the ball very well at times, the chance he set up for Oster comes to mind immediately, but as you say at time his first touch was poor.

HighburyRoyale

by HighburyRoyale » 04 Dec 2006 10:04

igoe agogo At Sunderland they said Oster was a 9/10 player in 1/10 games.

I'd be happy with 8/10 in 5/10

Hate him as a player because he's so frustrating. I was one of the boo boys last season (and stick by my opinion). I am however big enough to admit that he was exceptional on Saturday.

I would still go 100% with Blakey.

90% of the time, he works everytime.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 04 Dec 2006 10:19

In many ways it was the industrious performances from both our wide men that won the game. It wasn't Hunt's best game touch-wise, but he still made an impact, Oster however mixed it brilliantly, tremendous work-rate with great trickery and superb wing play. To be fair he'd already impressed this season with his centre midfield play in the two League Cup games.

Shorey and Doyle were immense again, the return of Murty has been critical and the often-maligned pairing of Sidwell and Harper dominated another established Premiership midfield.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 04 Dec 2006 10:43

Hunty is a better version of Andy Hughes. Lots of industry and some of the time what he tries to do comes off. If he could get a modicom more ball control he will be a bigger player than Doyler!

I'm just amazed at how well the players have stepped up to the mark this season.

Long may it continue!

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 04 Dec 2006 10:53

well done oster great performance against bolton.