shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Pictures from Newcastle

by shadesrwrf » 07 Dec 2006 00:41

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 07 Dec 2006 00:47

How the oxf*rd did you get back so fast?

Then again, I wish my net connection was that clear

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 07 Dec 2006 00:55

Not everyone lives in Reading!
People always do this, he probably lives in Sunderland Or North Shields

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 07 Dec 2006 00:57

biscuitman

Not everyone lives in Reading!
People always do this, he probably lives in Sunderland Or North Shields

No, I live in Reading. But my sister lives in North Shields. :wink:

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 07 Dec 2006 01:09

Ahhhh good man.

Only just got back from Norfolk Road myself :shock:

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pictures from Newcastle

by Compo's Hat » 07 Dec 2006 01:12

OI SIT DOWN! I KNOW I CAN'T SEE THE CORNER FLAG ANYWAY, BUT YOU'RE RUINING MY BLOODY PICTURE! :wink:

igoe agogo

by igoe agogo » 07 Dec 2006 10:13

Compo's Hat OI SIT DOWN! I KNOW I CAN'T SEE THE CORNER FLAG ANYWAY, BUT YOU'RE RUINING MY BLOODY PICTURE! :wink:

on that point, there was a bit of grief next to us last night, some baldy fella went absolutely spare with the people in front of him who stood up to celebrate the goal, gave one bloke a bit of a dig and then started rowing with others until the stewards got involved.

The bloke was f*cking livid. I think he may have issues.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 07 Dec 2006 10:23

That looks very high up.

Did that affect the atmosphere? Not sure I would have liked watching from up there.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Dec 2006 10:26

igoe agogo some baldy fella went absolutely spare with the people in front of him who stood up to celebrate the goal

Schards?

North East Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by North East Royal » 07 Dec 2006 10:30

I've got some pictures on my camera phone from the Bamburgh suite of the away end, there probably not very good but I'll hoy em up!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 07 Dec 2006 10:41

MartinRdg That looks very high up.

Did that affect the atmosphere? Not sure I would have liked watching from up there.

You could just make out who our players were, but only cos you knew em. Not a hope in hell of identifying who was who from the Newcastle team - couldn't see nunbers or names. Except that Given was the one in the different coloured shirt.

Was brilliant for seeing tactics and the shape of the game though..... almost a pro-zone view.

North East Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by North East Royal » 07 Dec 2006 10:48

I've just looked at the pictures, there all blurred!

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 07 Dec 2006 11:36

MartinRdg That looks very high up.

I was in-line with the corner flag, right next to Newcastle fans. Great atmosphere, i think most fans will appreciate what a great night it was, part from result. Atmosphere was first class. I could see numbers but not names, could easily work out who was who though.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 07 Dec 2006 11:49

First ground I have ever been to where there was no segregation between the fans, not even netting. I was third row and sat right next to the Geordies, with just a police man separating us. Made for some excellent posturing opportunities when we went 2-1 up, especially after this Geordie was pointing at me when they scored their first

anR

by anR » 07 Dec 2006 12:25

Huntley & Palmer First ground I have ever been to where there was no segregation between the fans, not even netting. I was third row and sat right next to the Geordies, with just a police man separating us. Made for some excellent posturing opportunities when we went 2-1 up, especially after this Geordie was pointing at me when they scored their first

Yeah, I wasn't far away also. Geordies were making faces and signs at us. Many Reading fans (including Dan19) in front of me would stand up and give the oxf*rd sign at them, to which the police came over and had words. I just got Geordies eye contact and held an emotionless gaze. I had one guy blowing me kisses at half time and many more giving me these oxf*rd signs back and more, to which the coppers went over to them. Marvelous.

It did make me question the away fence at our ground though. On exiting the ground the away fans are all of a sudden in the middle of all the Geordies fans. One kind man did congratulate the Reading fans and the team performance though, but if mingling can happen at any other ground about the country, why do we have that fence, which is very often a right old pain in the arse?

igoe agogo

by igoe agogo » 07 Dec 2006 14:51

Report from true-faith Newcastle fanzine:

Match Report

There’s big wins and there’s big wins and this my friends was a BIG win. At half time after an unbelievable first half I’ll be honest, I was very much fizzy pint of piss half empty rather than half full but fair play to them, they found something from somewhere and all of a sudden we’re nine points off third (ahem!). I’m stalling on the report itself because to be honest I don’t know where to start. Reading started like a tidy side, all good touch but no real cutting edge before we battered them for quarter of an hour. First Martins showed his warm-hearted instincts by saving an ailing bird (if it was Dyer, he would have probably contracted rabies) and then we took off (sorry).

Sibierski somehow missed after another great cross from Milner and Martins blazed over when he really should have scored before a fantastic ball from Solano was nodded in by the Super Sib. Solano just oozed class again. His touch and passing are at times sublime and for the first half he was our most creative outlet. From right back. He whipped over another great ball from which Martins hit the bar and we could and should have been 4-0 up. Then we completely lost it. Their lad hit a shot that was deflected past Shay and all of a sudden we were all over the place and sure enough five minutes later they were ahead. They could quite easily have scored twice again between the goals before Babayaro swiped wildly at the ball, got nowhere near it and it was crossed in for Harper to get his second. A general wave of disbelief hit the ground along with a collective groan at the exploits of our oh so ‘consistent’ full back. Mistake aside, Babayaro’s application and heart for the fight is an utter disgrace. Stories persist of his off-field exploits but even that aside, he is an average player that doesn’t give a toss.

After missing so many chances you got the feeling that we had blown it and the first ten minutes of the second half only reinforced that as they were all over us and we looked devoid of an idea. Then from nowhere Martins won a penalty. It never looked it at the time, but without the benefit of a replay, the staggeringly easily influenced Styles apparently got it right. Martins yanked the ball away from Nobby and after a few missed heartbeats, put it away and we were back on. He may not have grabbed a hatful of goals and at times he looks to say the least unpredictable, but Oba’s attitude is spot on – he never looks to hide, acknowledges his mistakes and at times thoroughly puts the shits up the opposition. His goal spurred him, the team and the fans on in a big way and we got after them again.

Reading deserved credit for having a real go to win it and came back at us as it went from end to end and a draw looked imminent before Emre picked it up, ran with it and spanked an absolute beauty in from 30 yards. Stunning goal to win a fantastic game. Emre is a good player, undoubtedly but you just wish that he would do this more often. He has the ability but too often hangs too deep and doesn’t hurt teams. I of course looked a complete tit after saying exactly this at half time but I’m chock full of the old humble pie at the minute. Game by game Nicky Butt has made me doubt my earlier predictions and he was fantastic again tonight, thoroughly deserving his Man Of The Match. The goal really seemed to mean something to the players aswell and for the last month or so they have really dug in and showed a bit of bottle for some cracking results. You pray that it continues because all of a sudden the games are enjoyable and showing a bit of fight like this really gets people going.

As I said earlier, great match, great result and a big hats off to Reading. The one and only time I’ve had a night out there, I ended up on the wrong end of a hiding so I’ve always had a bit of a thing against them but their team and fans were a credit – excellent turnout for a midweek match and some ‘massive’ clubs have done a lot worse than that this season.

Blackburn are beatable, Chelsea definitely aren’t but by Christmas we could be breathing a bit easier and to be honest, after the Sheff Utd. game we’d all have taken that off Santa.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 07 Dec 2006 14:55

I was sitting directly in-line with the corner flag, behind the brick wall. Great view, good banter with the geordies.

fruits

by fruits » 07 Dec 2006 15:01

igoe agogo Report from true-faith Newcastle fanzine:

Match Report

There’s big wins and there’s big wins and this my friends was a BIG win. At half time after an unbelievable first half I’ll be honest, I was very much fizzy pint of piss half empty rather than half full but fair play to them, they found something from somewhere and all of a sudden we’re nine points off third (ahem!). I’m stalling on the report itself because to be honest I don’t know where to start. Reading started like a tidy side, all good touch but no real cutting edge before we battered them for quarter of an hour. First Martins showed his warm-hearted instincts by saving an ailing bird (if it was Dyer, he would have probably contracted rabies) and then we took off (sorry).

Sibierski somehow missed after another great cross from Milner and Martins blazed over when he really should have scored before a fantastic ball from Solano was nodded in by the Super Sib. Solano just oozed class again. His touch and passing are at times sublime and for the first half he was our most creative outlet. From right back. He whipped over another great ball from which Martins hit the bar and we could and should have been 4-0 up. Then we completely lost it. Their lad hit a shot that was deflected past Shay and all of a sudden we were all over the place and sure enough five minutes later they were ahead. They could quite easily have scored twice again between the goals before Babayaro swiped wildly at the ball, got nowhere near it and it was crossed in for Harper to get his second. A general wave of disbelief hit the ground along with a collective groan at the exploits of our oh so ‘consistent’ full back. Mistake aside, Babayaro’s application and heart for the fight is an utter disgrace. Stories persist of his off-field exploits but even that aside, he is an average player that doesn’t give a toss.

After missing so many chances you got the feeling that we had blown it and the first ten minutes of the second half only reinforced that as they were all over us and we looked devoid of an idea. Then from nowhere Martins won a penalty. It never looked it at the time, but without the benefit of a replay, the staggeringly easily influenced Styles apparently got it right. Martins yanked the ball away from Nobby and after a few missed heartbeats, put it away and we were back on. He may not have grabbed a hatful of goals and at times he looks to say the least unpredictable, but Oba’s attitude is spot on – he never looks to hide, acknowledges his mistakes and at times thoroughly puts the shits up the opposition. His goal spurred him, the team and the fans on in a big way and we got after them again.

Reading deserved credit for having a real go to win it and came back at us as it went from end to end and a draw looked imminent before Emre picked it up, ran with it and spanked an absolute beauty in from 30 yards. Stunning goal to win a fantastic game. Emre is a good player, undoubtedly but you just wish that he would do this more often. He has the ability but too often hangs too deep and doesn’t hurt teams. I of course looked a complete tit after saying exactly this at half time but I’m chock full of the old humble pie at the minute. Game by game Nicky Butt has made me doubt my earlier predictions and he was fantastic again tonight, thoroughly deserving his Man Of The Match. The goal really seemed to mean something to the players aswell and for the last month or so they have really dug in and showed a bit of bottle for some cracking results. You pray that it continues because all of a sudden the games are enjoyable and showing a bit of fight like this really gets people going.

As I said earlier, great match, great result and a big hats off to Reading. The one and only time I’ve had a night out there, I ended up on the wrong end of a hiding so I’ve always had a bit of a thing against them but their team and fans were a credit – excellent turnout for a midweek match and some ‘massive’ clubs have done a lot worse than that this season.

Blackburn are beatable, Chelsea definitely aren’t but by Christmas we could be breathing a bit easier and to be honest, after the Sheff Utd. game we’d all have taken that off Santa.

That is one way of looking at the game, no one else seems to agree with much of it though.

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 07 Dec 2006 15:58

http://www.bb0118.co.uk/prempics/newcastleaway.htm

my 2 cents worth

and a very famous nobber who was still p!ssed at 6am!

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 07 Dec 2006 16:47

Panaramic scroll right

"If your going to the Quayside clap your hands"
"If your gonna shag a Geordie clap your hands"
"If your missus doesn't know clap your hands"