800k fee agreed for Michael Duberry

287 posts
MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 01 Feb 2007 16:10

Archie's penalty
Huntley & Palmer
Archie's penalty
Maguire It makes me laugh that you lot will pour your verbal vitriol on the likes of Alan Pardew, call him Judas, question his loyalty and so on just because he went to a bigger club than Reading, but on the other hand you embrace a guy who sold his best mate down the river just to save his own skin.

Ideal - if you took the time to read up about the trial in question then you'd see that the prosecution never suggested that there was a racial element to the assault. It was the victim's father irresponsibly playing the race card in a national newspaper which caused the collapse of the initial trial.

Still it was a long time ago - duberry is our player now and we have to give him our support! Welcome Micky Duberry - no matter your past - hope u do a good job for us.

So if Bowyer were to join our ranks as a player in the future, he would receive the full backing of Reading fans? Me thinks not, in fact, I bet there would be absolute uproar on here. Let's face it, Duberry will always be labelled a grass for the rest of his life

So there'll be no support from your end H&P when it comes to Micky Duberry? Oxf*rd hell - he deserves a second chance - Bowyer is the one who deserves to rot in hell for what he's done - Duberry on the other hand was in an absolutely awful position which NOT ONE of us would like to be in - WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE?

I'm sorry - minorities protect minorities. Being gay, I feel that I am more sensitive to racism and would probably do the same as Duberry if I was witness to a racist attack by a friend.

fallen angel

by fallen angel » 01 Feb 2007 16:29

Huntley & Palmer Sounds like double standards to me, especially as Bowyer was cleared of any charges GBH against the man in question.

How many footballers get charged with anything,they can afford the best lawyers,thats why not many ever get a driving ban, Mr loophole lawyer sees to that.Bowyer is a scumbag and always will be.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Feb 2007 17:06

Maybe I should re-read what I've just read a bit more carefully but have I really just seen people trying to defend themselves (and being serious, not just out for "laughs") for calling Duberry a grass? Please please tell me I'm wrong?

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 01 Feb 2007 17:08

If I done the same I'd expect my mates to give me a slap or a kicking for being a dick and putting them in that position. I wouldn't expect them to go to court and grass me up.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Feb 2007 17:10

Maguire
3 veesinarow The intelligence to cut yourself loose of the influence of brain-dead morons when you realise there's more to life than hanging around with low-life scum > Solidarity against the nasty horrid pigs. :roll:

Yeah I'm sure it was a decision made through Duberry's latent intelligence and not the fact that he was shitting his pants. And he cried in court. Pussy.

Good God alive, you can't be this low. :shock:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 01 Feb 2007 17:11

alad If I done the same I'd expect my mates to give me a slap or a kicking for being a dick and putting them in that position. I wouldn't expect them to go to court and grass me up.

What if it was one of your mates you put in hospital in a drunken fight?

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 01 Feb 2007 17:12

readingbedding
alad If I done the same I'd expect my mates to give me a slap or a kicking for being a dick and putting them in that position. I wouldn't expect them to go to court and grass me up.

Would never happen.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 01 Feb 2007 17:15

alad
readingbedding

Would never happen.

Ok Gangster.

And I guess you haven't hospitalised anyone either.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 01 Feb 2007 17:18

By 'grass' you mean of course 'tell the truth about the thuggish criminality you have witnessed and avoid committing perjury'....

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 01 Feb 2007 17:19

Elm Park Old Boy

By 'grass' you mean of course 'tell the truth about the thuggish criminality you have witnessed and avoid committing perjury'....

He's a gangster mate.

He hospitalises people he don't know all the time, and his mates never grass him up in Court.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 01 Feb 2007 17:21

fallen angel
Huntley & Palmer Sounds like double standards to me, especially as Bowyer was cleared of any charges GBH against the man in question.

How many footballers get charged with anything,they can afford the best lawyers,thats why not many ever get a driving ban, Mr loophole lawyer sees to that.Bowyer is a scumbag and always will be.

He was tried by jury and the evidence was not conclusive enough, his friend however was convicted and served six years in jail. As with any case where a 'famous' person is involved, it is very easy for any assailant to single out the recognisible person for a few easy pounds in the media.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 01 Feb 2007 17:23

readingbedding
Elm Park Old Boy

He's a gangster mate.

He hospitalises people he don't know all the time, and his mates never grass him up in Court.

:roll:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 01 Feb 2007 17:29

What if someone else saw you hospitalise someone, would you get the boys round to sort em out?

Put a bit of pressure on them, so they wouldn't grass..?

You're talking out of your backside mate.

Ever been to Court for GBH?

Ever covered for a mate?

Thought not.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 01 Feb 2007 17:34

readingbedding

What if someone else saw you hospitalise someone, would you get the boys round to sort em out?

Ever covered for a mate?

Thought not.

I wouldn't have to send the boys round.

As for the other questions, as if I'd mention it on here :roll:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 01 Feb 2007 17:43

alad
readingbedding

Ever covered for a mate?

Thought not.

I wouldn't have to send the boys round.

As for the other questions, as if I'd mention it on here :roll:

Talking out of your arse.

Full of it.

How would you stop other witnesses saying what they saw in Court
Mr Gangster?

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 01 Feb 2007 17:57

I'd name drop you and they'd flee for their lives.

You talk alot of sh1t, stop embarrassing yourself.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 01 Feb 2007 18:00

lol

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Feb 2007 18:13

Back to Duberry as a footballer he was on loan down here as a young lad and (like Ferdinand) great things were expected of him when he went back to Chelsea-wasn't he in an England squad once or at least the U21s?
He hasn't achieved what was expected of him but you don't necessarily get much for £800,000 these days.
Costing just 10% of what Upson has just cost he might turn out to be a decent bit of business.
The remainder of our season could rest upon how well he fits in-as one other poster said way back our defensive record isn't great with our regular back4 and keeper playing and they have been bailed out by our performance at the other end of the pitch.
He may turn out to be no good but surely he won't be any worse than Bikey.
My one worry is that I thought he used to play off another central defender rather than as the main man a la Sonko-we will see soon enough.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 01 Feb 2007 20:16

Ingi and Doobs already in sync. :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Feb 2007 21:29

Sorry I don't quite understand the arguement about Duberry going to the Police about Bowyer's action being something to hate or dislike him for.

I haven't read the whole thread but from what I've seen the guy should be applauded for doing exactly the right thing in a tough situation.
I'd shop any one of you lot who I heard had assualted someone in a possibly racially motivated way in an instant.

Bowyer would not get my support if he came because he's scum.
Duberry will because he's done nothing wrong.
Stack gets some cautious support because he wasn't proven to have done anything illegal, despite my feelings that I'd rather not have someone who behaved like him at the club.

287 posts