Lita's disallowed goal - the case (again) for video analysis

fool

by fool » 03 Feb 2007 21:01

alad
higher Little had a much better game than Hunt today. The fact he chased someone is talked of as if he is the only player that works hard. Little chased a ball he had no right to get in the second half, won it from Beasley and we almost scored as a result of it. A nice pass to Lita is talked up as if Hunt was the only player capable of it, the best pass today was Sidwells by a long shot and it hardly got a mention. It seems theres people out there who single Hunt out and praise him regardless of how he's performed. Theres people that have said Hunt was man of the match in the last two games when Lita has won both games with 2 unbelievable performances.

Can't help but think we are all spliting hairs as our position is down to every player giving 100%. Inga will always be over shadowed by Sonko but has always been there this season.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 03 Feb 2007 21:09

LimpBiscuit
Arch Propsect Park games are never, ever going to have four linos.

Why not?

Sometimes we have difficulty in finding TWO willing volunteers/masochists.

Pool and Darts

by Pool and Darts » 03 Feb 2007 21:25

Video replays debate again, eh?

YAWN

must be a slow night for anything real to talk about.

if you like the idea of video replays in sport, go and watch american football.

Football doesn't want it, or need it.

Or maybe one day, we should take the human element out of it completely, and just have robots playing the game too.... :?

BTW, guys, the best strategy for alad's posts is to just scroll straight past every single one. And, alad, don't bother replying, because I just scroll straight past all your posts, so will never know what you reply!

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 03 Feb 2007 21:27

2 world wars, 1 world cup
alad
higher Huntys mix of exhuberance ,tenacity,instinct,graft,dedication,cheek and honesty must be a managers dream.Certainly glad he`s on our side.
Like all our players he`s still on a learning curve at this level.
Amazing the way from a cameo role bit part player Hunty IMHO has grasped his opportunity it will take some prizing the shirt from him.

Agree he has taken his chance and done well and he is part of a winning side and you can't take him out at the moment but some people need a reality check. He was OK today but the way the thread starter talks about him it was as if he was bossing the game and running the whole show.

Little had a much better game than Hunt today. The fact he chased someone is talked of as if he is the only player that works hard. Little chased a ball he had no right to get in the second half, won it from Beasley and we almost scored as a result of it. A nice pass to Lita is talked up as if Hunt was the only player capable of it, the best pass today was Sidwells by a long shot and it hardly got a mention. It seems theres people out there who single Hunt out and praise him regardless of how he's performed. Theres people that have said Hunt was man of the match in the last two games when Lita has won both games with 2 unbelievable performances.

Fair points whch I agree with. Little was immense today as you say... Hunt did balls up a couple of times with needless overhead kicks etc where passes would have lead to goals... Others had a better game than Hunt today for sure but hunt was also good.

But - this thread is (partly) about THAT goal, and in THAT goal Hunt's contribution was great, and a perfect example of how his determination leads to good. I never implied Hunt was "running the whole show." I was certainly more impressed by the likes of Little etc... but for the purposes of this thread that's irrelevant. there are many other threads on here discussing MOTM (see my input on the MOTM thread for example), and team performance etc in which other contributions can be discussed.

HTH

Fairplay.

NFT.

Legend

by Legend » 03 Feb 2007 21:29

Not in favour of video replays, not at all.

Even at HT time today my attitude was "shit happens".

Board rooms make mistakes
Scouts make mistakes
Managers make mistakes
Players make mistakes
Officials make mistakes

Human error is part and parcel of the game, at all levels, and those who blame officials are looking to cover up their own teams deficiencies. FACT

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 03 Feb 2007 21:33

Legend Not in favour of video replays, not at all.

Even at HT time today my attitude was "shit happens".

Board rooms make mistakes
Scouts make mistakes
Managers make mistakes
Players make mistakes
Officials make mistakes

Human error is part and parcel of the game, at all levels, and those who blame officials are looking to cover up their own teams deficiencies. FACT

Did I see Colin on Sky Sports News throwing his teddies out of the pram again?

Legend

by Legend » 03 Feb 2007 21:45

Probably.

And what was their result today ? :lol:

It's so boring, every time a desicion goes your way, the manager says these things happen. When it goes against them it's a disgrace. YAWN

Allardyce is the worst at the double standards, and i quite like Allardyce (apart from this).

Row V
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Welcome to NJ, where the weak are killed and eaten.

by Row V » 03 Feb 2007 22:50

alad Someone needs to crawl out of Hunts backside, anyone would have got to that ball and put it back to Lita. He was very poor going forward today and his football brain is non existant. A runner, not a player.

Good God man, I watched the game on Star Sports and Hunt ran his socks off today.
Go watch ManUre and never darken our board again.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 03 Feb 2007 22:57

saw it on sky ... goal was good :(

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 03 Feb 2007 23:19

Try running that past the puROFLists who would prefer to serve as apologists for a linesman who made an incorrect ruling, on the basis of what he mistakenly thought that he saw --as opposed to seeing it called correctly, within a matter of seconds and with the help of the same video replay that we'll all see dozens of times whether replay rules are in effect or not... :roll:

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 03 Feb 2007 23:42

Row V
alad Someone needs to crawl out of Hunts backside, anyone would have got to that ball and put it back to Lita. He was very poor going forward today and his football brain is non existant. A runner, not a player.

Good God man, I watched the game on Star Sports and Hunt ran his socks off today.

As I said, a runner not a player.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 04 Feb 2007 02:40

alad
Row V

As I said, a runner not a player.

I was going to question how exactly that was meant to disprove your point, but you beat me to it.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 04 Feb 2007 02:46

Slide rule passes.

Slick finishes.

Of course Hunt is rubbish....

He's improving, all the boys watching reading today know a good thing when they see something.

we are buzzing

Hunt is quality and we are sixth.

Bluey

by Bluey » 04 Feb 2007 04:38

SC has said on more than one occasion, ' Our position at the end of the season will not be by accident ', which means every player, coaching staff member, even the tea lady are playing their part, [ including the 'serial pest' to the opposition, Steve Hunt]. As for line cameras, take the good with the bad and get over it. Stop ya bitchn' and enjoy the season.

' Go Hard You Royals '

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 04 Feb 2007 12:15

what would we all talk about if we had video ensuring every decision was right???

debating and arguing over decisions is part of the game

in a league season you get some go for you and you get some go against you

we may have got a goal yesterday

but viduka's "offside" goal in the first game would have stood

and our away goal at everton may have been disallowed

Berthwaite

by Berthwaite » 04 Feb 2007 12:19

glass half full ...

Did I see Colin on Sky Sports News throwing his teddies out of the pram again?

More to the point, did you see Leroy's answer to the reporter who clearly wanted a similar reaction about his disallowed goal?

Leroy was making nothing of the fact that he was done out of a hattrick and was full of praise for the team.

He has come a long way this season - long may it continue.

(My 200-1 bet on him as Premiership top scorer has nothing to do with it)

,o)#

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 04 Feb 2007 12:34

Credit to Leroy indeed our whole team for not making a huge hoo ha when the goal was disallowed.Leroy gave a slightly miffed smile but did we surround the ref or lino a al Manure or Cheatski? Part of the reason were so high in the FAIR PLAY LEAGUE .

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 04 Feb 2007 12:37

higher Credit to Leroy indeed our whole team for not making a huge hoo ha when the goal was disallowed.Leroy gave a slightly miffed smile but did we surround the ref or lino a al Manure or Cheatski? Part of the reason were so high in the FAIR PLAY LEAGUE .

Credit to Man Utd, Liverpool and Wigan. Not had a single player sent off this season compared to Reading's 3.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 04 Feb 2007 12:42

Alad wrote:
Credit to Man Utd, Liverpool and Wigan. Not had a single player sent off this season compared to Reading's 3.
Glad to still Wally is still in the Reading fold. The clock is ticking.

royals pete

by royals pete » 04 Feb 2007 12:45

How far do you take the video rulings...could say to every offence on the pitch !! Wouldn't see a game of football then.

Leave it as it is. At least when the football is diabolical, you can have a go at the officials !!

Seems to me that rugby has far fewer decisions in it..and no-one seems to understand them neither. How on earth does a rugby ref decide on a fowl when there are 10 or more players in a ruck. Still, thats another matter