Is Sonko missed?

jelly

by jelly » 02 Mar 2007 13:39

Big Ern
Maguire He is missed, although his absence is mitigated by the inclusion of another large black man in his place. Had we replaced him with a white player I probably would have missed him a bit more.

Once you've had black, you never going back

LOL :lol:

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 02 Mar 2007 13:57

I think come the end of the season we will look back and think that we have def missed Sonko.

His absence coincided with an 'easy' set of fixtures, which has made it look like we haven't missed him. The same could be said of Doyle.

Im not a Bikey fan. Whilst some of his stuff has been good, he is nothing but solid. He has appeared in 4 premiership games since Sonko's injury, 3 of which were at home to teams at the wrong end of the table ,the other away to the worst home scorers in the league.

Our last 2 matches, which have been tougher, have exposed how much we will miss Sonko for the rest of the season.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 02 Mar 2007 14:10

Funny how this thread went utterly silent for the ten days after I shot back at mattress boy's condescending, pedantic sass.

For those who keep score of that kind of thing, this would mark the second time that such has occurred around here.

Can't-miss clue for mattress boy: if you want to big yourself up by bullying people on a messageboard, then it's wisest to pick on somebody who's actually dumber than you. :idea:

Now then, back to the topic: is Sonko missed?

roland*

by roland* » 02 Mar 2007 14:11

Tony Le Mesmer I think come the end of the season we will look back and think that we have def missed Sonko.

His absence coincided with an 'easy' set of fixtures, which has made it look like we haven't missed him. The same could be said of Doyle.

Im not a Bikey fan. Whilst some of his stuff has been good, he is nothing but solid. He has appeared in 4 premiership games since Sonko's injury, 3 of which were at home to teams at the wrong end of the table ,the other away to the worst home scorers in the league.

Our last 2 matches, which have been tougher, have exposed how much we will miss Sonko for the rest of the season.

You mean anything shirley?

IMO we do miss the guy, just not to the extent that I had been worried about.

Oxon_Royal

by Oxon_Royal » 02 Mar 2007 14:13

I believe it's not Sonko alone we're missing, but the quality Murty/Sonko partnership which was simply superb last season.

The understanding which they have literally wins us games.

Having said that I believe Bikey has done excellently since stepping in.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 02 Mar 2007 14:55

roland*
Tony Le Mesmer I think come the end of the season we will look back and think that we have def missed Sonko.

You mean anything shirley?

IMO we do miss the guy, just not to the extent that I had been worried about.

eerr yeah i meant anything. and dont call me Shirley.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 03 Mar 2007 16:16

Yes.

Abbo

by Abbo » 03 Mar 2007 18:24

Sonko is vastly underrated, Bikey is a thick as pig sh*t liability.

Finchley Royal

by Finchley Royal » 03 Mar 2007 19:02

Bikey played very well today. The penalty looked pretty bad, but it's just the kind of foul that Sonko could have given away, as at Villa.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 03 Mar 2007 19:10

Abbo Sonko is vastly underrated, Bikey is a thick as pig sh*t liability.

talking out of your arse idiot

ohagerup

by ohagerup » 03 Mar 2007 19:10

Finchley Royal Bikey played very well today. The penalty looked pretty bad, but it's just the kind of foul that Sonko could have given away, as at Villa.

Yup. Bikey played very well apart from that penalty. He is still a bit raw around the edges, but nothing like the first games he played.

Will be here next year? Any News?

Abbo

by Abbo » 03 Mar 2007 19:13

Chaney
Abbo Sonko is vastly underrated, Bikey is a thick as pig sh*t liability.

talking out of your arse idiot

His distribution is appalling, his reading of playing is awful, his discipline is poor.

The only time he looks good is in the last 15mins of games when his fitness and phsyique come into play.

He's like Titus Brambles hard brother.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 03 Mar 2007 20:20

Abbo you are me and I claim my £5, he does not concentrate, this is not his first wrong decision, I feel Marcus would have stopped any shot, he drifts out of position, gets booked sent off and has cost us this season, no contract for him IMHO. Where was he for the second goal?

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 03 Mar 2007 21:17

The 17 Bus Abbo you are me and I claim my £5, he does not concentrate, this is not his first wrong decision, I feel Marcus would have stopped any shot, he drifts out of position, gets booked sent off and has cost us this season, no contract for him IMHO. Where was he for the second goal?

He has cost us the season? O_o

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 03 Mar 2007 21:19

zac naloen
The 17 Bus Abbo you are me and I claim my £5, he does not concentrate, this is not his first wrong decision, I feel Marcus would have stopped any shot, he drifts out of position, gets booked sent off and has cost us this season, no contract for him IMHO. Where was he for the second goal?

He has cost us the season? O_o

No he has cost us this season, todays pen, getting sent off try looking at what has happened.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 03 Mar 2007 21:22

No he has cost us this season, todays pen, getting sent off try looking at what has happened.

I can see perfectly well. But you're ability to express yourself leaves much to be desired.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 03 Mar 2007 21:27

so do you deny he has cost us this season? read the post, it makes sense

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 03 Mar 2007 21:32

The 17 Bus so do you deny he has cost us this season? read the post, it makes sense

He has cost us a Penalty and a sending off, he has also SAVED us several times this season. Against Villa, against Man U and several other last ditch tackles. He's cost us no more than Sonko has who has also had a sending off and given away a couple of penalties from what I recall, his distribution is better than Sonko's who's idea of distribution is to hoof it up the pitch. The only thing he has less of than Sonko is pace and height. He matches him on everything else.

You're focusing of negatives and ignoring the positives.

Also, your sentence does not makes sense. It needs at least two false stops before it properly readable.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 03 Mar 2007 21:35

you sod you proof read your post and edited your to you're, you bugger.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 03 Mar 2007 21:36

The 17 Bus you sod you proof read your post and edited your to you're, you bugger.

You are welcome :)