Best / Worst result so far this season?

Crasher

by Crasher » 14 Mar 2007 13:13

IMHO Spurs at home was the best.

As for worst, i guess it depends on how you want to look at it.
If you simply look at the result then i'd go for the 0-1 home to Chelsea. Just because of the dirty scummy way they got the result.
If you look at the worst for performance wise, then either Pompey away or Wigan away - both were abject performances IMHO

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Mar 2007 20:16

SpaceCruiser
From Despair To Where? Even at 4-0 we tried to play football.

But we weren't trying to stop them.

For once, Spacey, just put your Francophobia and hatred of Arsenal aside just for one tiny moment and accept that on the day, we were beaten by a very, very good Arsenal side that few teams would have lived with. It may be the worst result of the season scorewise, but it was by no means the worst performance, not by a long way. There is no disgrace in losing to a genuinely world class side. The same cannot be said about not turning up against the likes of Portsmouth and Wigan

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 14 Mar 2007 21:57

Worst has to losing to a Man Utd reserve side and throwing away our best ever chance to win the FA Cup.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 15 Mar 2007 07:26

Worst was Everton at home. We were absolute garbage and that baldy retard rubbed our noses in it.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 15 Mar 2007 10:51

Best : Have to say the Spurs at home result was what made the season and turned it round after a right dicky run even if most of those games were against Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Worst : The usual capitulation that always seems to happen v Portsmouth for some reason, not looking forward to this Saturday at all.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 15 Mar 2007 10:57

From Despair To Where?
SpaceCruiser
From Despair To Where? Even at 4-0 we tried to play football.

But we weren't trying to stop them.

For once, Spacey, just put your Francophobia and hatred of Arsenal aside just for one tiny moment and accept that on the day, we were beaten by a very, very good Arsenal side that few teams would have lived with. It may be the worst result of the season scorewise, but it was by no means the worst performance, not by a long way. There is no disgrace in losing to a genuinely world class side. The same cannot be said about not turning up against the likes of Portsmouth and Wigan

It's got absolutely nothing to do with Francophobia or a dislike of Arsenal, the fact remains we didn't play all that great that day and let them waltz all over us. If you can't see that, then I feel sorry for you.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Mar 2007 21:17

..and if you genuinely think that was our worst performance of the season then you are beyond pity.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 15 Mar 2007 21:52

best - reading 2-0 man city

worst - reading 0 - 2 everton

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 15 Mar 2007 21:57

Best: 6-0 v West Ham

Worst: 0-4 v Arsenal

Don't think you'll find any better or worse than those.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 16 Mar 2007 10:37

From Despair To Where? ..and if you genuinely think that was our worst performance of the season then you are beyond pity.

Don't be a twat. We let in four goals, that's the most we've let in, more than in any other league game. So far. If you can't see that, then I pity you, Arse lover.

CoveRoyal

by CoveRoyal » 16 Mar 2007 19:05

I feel the most significant result of the season was the win at home v Bolton. They were 3rd at time and after having watch us out fought and out played at Wigan another "BIG" team earlier in the season , i was not looking forward to it.

BUT...the performance showed how far we had progressed in a short period of time during the season. We held our own and more so.

CMOM URZZ

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 16 Mar 2007 20:32

The first game of the season was crucial, and I imagine we'd be in a very different position if we had crumbled and lost that game.

Best game: Reading 3-2 Boro.

The worst game i felt was the goaless draw against Watford - most of us were expecting a result against a weak team, and they just didn't perform.

Worst game: Watford 0-0 Reading

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Mar 2007 00:18

SpaceCruiser
From Despair To Where? ..and if you genuinely think that was our worst performance of the season then you are beyond pity.

Don't be a twat. We let in four goals, that's the most we've let in, more than in any other league game. So far. If you can't see that, then I pity you, Arse lover.

Only one person being a twat here, Spacey and it's not me.

Worst scoreline, yes, worst performance, no way. I'm just trying to be objective. I'm no Arsenal lover, I just feel that showing absolutely no stomach for the fight and being outplayed by a distinctly average team destined for a relegation struggle constitutes a worse performance that struggling against last year's Champions League runners up. Coppell got his tactics wrong and put his hands up to that but I left the Arsenal game thinking that although we may get whipped by some of the big teams we would take lessons from it. I left the JJB fearing that we might struggle.

More people have cited the Wigan and Pompey games as the worst performance than Arsenal. It would seem that I am more in line with the general consensus on the board.

Actually, I don't know why I'm bothering to justify my opinion to someone who, despite his excessive post count, so very, very rarely has anything remotely of substance to contribute. I suppose it's been a long day.