Reserves V West Ham

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 18 Apr 2007 09:45

Harps stay sharp Is it me or did Shane Long look a bit of a chubber last night. It could have been because he was playing with the youths but he has definately filled out.

Halford looked to be playing as the link man in midfield, looking to switch play etc, but his passing wasn't good enough to do that job.

Also I had to put up with 2 very young and very loud Hammers fans singing the Bubbles song and Federici is rubbish over and over again throughout the second half! :evil:

Halford isn't a central midfielder that is why

66DD

by 66DD » 18 Apr 2007 10:40

No pizza at half time!

Didn't anyone tell Domino that the match was Tuesday and not Wednesday? Is it worth going to the stadium at about quarter to eight tonight on the off chance...?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 11:52

Alan Partridge Why is Halford playing in midfield?

I think the situation is he's been bought becasue he has huge potential and can play in any number of positions.
He himself has said he prefers to play right back, various people have suggested he should play right wing back (which is a shame as we don;t use them !) where he will end up is undecided. I imagine Coppell sees him as one of th epossible options to repalce Sidwell so is giving him a run in midfield to see if he can play there (from what I've seen so far I'd say no !)
He's played the last couple of seasons at right back so isn;t going to forget how to do it, and we have no need to rely on him as cover there for the last 4 games.
It's all part of Coppell's confession that we are now in preseason for 2007-8.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Apr 2007 11:59

I think Coppell came out and said he was playing Halford in the middle to keep him more involved in the games.

Personally I'd rather he was given more of a run out in both the first team and reserves as a right back.

Surely Coppell knows what DLC can do there by now and a few games learning all about Premiership football would probably do wonders for Halfords preparations for next season.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 18 Apr 2007 16:50

Coppell always has problems with big money buys. Convey, Lita and Seol have all had their problems getting in the team since they joined for various reasons.

I actually think Coppell feels the pressure with big signings a bit and worries about their performances too much. I'm not saying Halford should be in the 1st team, but what did he do so bad against Spurs that Coppell's since played Bryn and De La their while Murts is out injured?

scutterbucket

by scutterbucket » 19 Apr 2007 09:50

What time did this game kick off? The OS shows Curbishley sat in the stands. How did he manage that and then get down to Upton Park to see his first team get tonked?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 19 Apr 2007 09:57

scutterbucket What time did this game kick off? The OS shows Curbishley sat in the stands. How did he manage that and then get down to Upton Park to see his first team get tonked?

Is this a trap?

Oh well. The ressies game was brought forward to Tuesday night.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Apr 2007 10:36

poor game

thought bennett and halls(oh my god, what am i saying) looked solid at the back, halls bossed the back 4 pretty well.

halford was poor in the middle, i expect SC is just looking at him there to see if he can cut it, and he cant.

long left the shoot'n boots at home.

bignall not good enough.

the referee was truly apalling
it wasnt a penalty, the free kick that led to their second was dubious, he gave us nothing all night, and every half challenge on them was given for a free kick straight away, plus a ten minute period of telling off our players and being generally petty. spent the entire 2nd half wheezing and looking to be on the verge of a heart attack
the linos were way of f the pace too, pretty rubbish really

scutterbucket

by scutterbucket » 19 Apr 2007 12:38

That Friday Feeling
scutterbucket What time did this game kick off? The OS shows Curbishley sat in the stands. How did he manage that and then get down to Upton Park to see his first team get tonked?

Is this a trap?

Oh well. The ressies game was brought forward to Tuesday night.

No it wasn't. i honestly thought the reserves game was last night. Cheers.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 19 Apr 2007 12:47

brendywendy poor game

thought bennett and halls(oh my god, what am i saying) looked solid at the back, halls bossed the back 4 pretty well.

halford was poor in the middle, i expect SC is just looking at him there to see if he can cut it, and he cant.

long left the shoot'n boots at home.

bignall not good enough.

the referee was truly apalling
it wasnt a penalty, the free kick that led to their second was dubious, he gave us nothing all night, and every half challenge on them was given for a free kick straight away, plus a ten minute period of telling off our players and being generally petty. spent the entire 2nd half wheezing and looking to be on the verge of a heart attack
the linos were way of f the pace too, pretty rubbish really

Agree apart from the fact that Bennett doesn't look good enough.

dennis nelson

by dennis nelson » 19 Apr 2007 12:51

thought that bignall looked very good. pace, strength, skill he's got the lot, can see him in the 1st team next year!!!!