Geordie Respect

When Hicks went up...

by When Hicks went up... » 01 May 2007 12:08

Harps stay sharp
Skin
Harps stay sharp
Dirk Gently And full respect to them tonight - even if they were a bit quiet for the last 20 minutes.

Lots of noise and all in support of their own team - no chants against other teams, just supporting the Toon.

....and mostly done sitting down.

Do you know how dull you sound pointing that out?

I knew you would respond to that Skin, but it just goes to show that all those who say it's a better atmosphere standing are talking complete w@nk. :wink:

Or not.

Why do choirs stand up? Why do bands, in general, stand up on stage.

Sitting allows less freedom of movement to your diaphragm, meaning you have to beath using your chest muscles. This results in a) less volume and control when singing b) less efficient breathing, leading to lethargy, and the increased likelihood of becoming moaning old (unters who boo are own players and try to get our own fans thrown out.

All scientific fact.

Harps stay sharp

by Harps stay sharp » 01 May 2007 12:17

When Hicks went up...
Harps stay sharp
Skin
Harps stay sharp
Dirk Gently And full respect to them tonight - even if they were a bit quiet for the last 20 minutes.

Lots of noise and all in support of their own team - no chants against other teams, just supporting the Toon.

I knew you would respond to that Skin, but it just goes to show that all those who say it's a better atmosphere standing are talking complete w@nk. :wink:

Or not.

Why do choirs stand up? Why do bands, in general, stand up on stage.

Sitting allows less freedom of movement to your diaphragm, meaning you have to beath using your chest muscles. This results in a) less volume and control when singing b) less efficient breathing, leading to lethargy, and the increased likelihood of becoming moaning old (unters who boo are own players and try to get our own fans thrown out.

All scientific fact.

:lol:

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 01 May 2007 12:18

Harps stay sharp
Skin
Harps stay sharp

LOL. Are you a dwarf?

Harps stay sharp

by Harps stay sharp » 01 May 2007 12:30

Skin
LOL. Are you a dwarf?

:lol: No actually a giant, maybe that's why i'm more sensitive to the people behind me who's view I am blocking.

Anyway all i'm saying is both Fulham & Newcastle both sang loudly for their teams and both sets of supporters sat. So where is the argument for standing?

Overall I thought the home support was excellent last night.

Symposium

by Symposium » 01 May 2007 12:33

Archie's penalty I think Citeh fans are also great - an absolute pants season at home (no goals since new year's day) but they still get over 40,000 yesterday against Villa.

But streamed out with 10mins to go against us, so that the ground was pretty much empty apart from the away end. I was actually shocked by how poor the Citeh fans were.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 01 May 2007 12:39

Symposium
Archie's penalty I think Citeh fans are also great - an absolute pants season at home (no goals since new year's day) but they still get over 40,000 yesterday against Villa.

But streamed out with 10mins to go against us, so that the ground was pretty much empty apart from the away end. I was actually shocked by how poor the Citeh fans were.

Agree, the rapid mass evacuation only matched by Bolton's at the Reebok.

Also, their lack of volume matched only by Wigan and Fulham (at Craven Cottage)

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 01 May 2007 12:59

Harps stay sharp
Skin
LOL. Are you a dwarf?

:lol: No actually a giant, maybe that's why i'm more sensitive to the people behind me who's view I am blocking.

Anyway all i'm saying is both Fulham & Newcastle both sang loudly for their teams and both sets of supporters sat. So where is the argument for standing?

Overall I thought the home support was excellent last night.

Serious now. The home support picked up in the 2nd half when more people were standing and was a bit quiet in the first half when everyone seemed to be sitting.
As for the Geordies, I'd say more then half of them were stood for the majority of the time, and some of their loudest moments were when they got everyone on their feet.

Interesting perceptions none the less.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 01 May 2007 13:10

boycey

by boycey » 01 May 2007 14:35

Harps stay sharp

The only fans to stand for the whole game this season was Manure and that was because they had more fans in the ground than seats. :lol:

you at the same game??

at leat 80% of them were stood up for the whole match....

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 01 May 2007 14:39

boycey
Harps stay sharp

The only fans to stand for the whole game this season was Manure and that was because they had more fans in the ground than seats. :lol:

you at the same game??

The Toon I would also like to know how they managed to get us to sit. I've not seen us sit en masse in about a decade.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcfor ... ic=39253.0

boycey

by boycey » 01 May 2007 14:41

That Friday Feeling
boycey
Harps stay sharp

you at the same game??

The Toon I would also like to know how they managed to get us to shit. I've not seen us shit en masse in about a decade.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcfor ... ic=39253.0

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 May 2007 14:46

I was hit by a pie at QPR once........ Who gives a F*** It goes with the territory of being at a football match.

And this pie wasn't thrown by QPR fans, it was thrown by Reading fans at QPR. I got caught in the crossfire.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 May 2007 14:54

Top Flight I was hit by a pie at QPR once........ Who gives a F*** It goes with the territory of being at a football match.

And this pie wasn't thrown by QPR fans, it was thrown by Reading fans at QPR. I got caught in the crossfire.

It's the human shit that was out of order. Think most people can accept a few pies.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 May 2007 15:02

I agree with you regarding the Human shite, it is totally out of order.
The individual who threw that is an absolute tw*t.

However reading the Newcastle online site, every Geordie fan is also completely disgusted by it and believe that the perpertrator should be beaten to a pulp and banned from football.

I had a great time at Newcastle at the away game and I thought the Geordie fans were phenomenal and great people. Its a great city with great fans.

99% of Newcastle fans are amazing. One idiot within their ranks is an absolute tos*er. I agree with that, you agree with that and the Newcastle fans agree with that. End of story.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 01 May 2007 15:12

Stranded
Top Flight I was hit by a pie at QPR once........ Who gives a F*** It goes with the territory of being at a football match.

It's the human shit that was out of order. Think most people can accept a few pies.

Personally i can't understand why anyone would want to throw human shit.
I chuck dogshit myself, it travels faster and further

Garrincha

by Garrincha » 01 May 2007 15:14

You obviously aint tasted the pies.... or perhaps it was shit I ate!

Ooops!

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 01 May 2007 16:53

Harps stay sharp

Villa stood up all game

Bucks Dave

by Bucks Dave » 01 May 2007 17:12

The following was printed last night in our programme (p 47):

MESSAGE TO NEWCASTLE SUPPORTERS
If Newcastle Utd supporters stand up persistently throughout tonight's game, the Football Licensing Authority has told Reading FC to reduce the allocation of tickets to Newcastle in the future. This will affect your fans because fewer Newcastle supporters will be able to attend. It makes sense to sit down because it is safer, and your children and disabled fans can see the match as well as fit adults. So if you care about Newcastle Utd, for the sake of your fellow fans and your own team, please remain seated during this evening's game.

If 80% stood most of the time then there may be fewer next year.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 02 May 2007 08:10

Bucks Dave MESSAGE TO NEWCASTLE SUPPORTERS
If Newcastle Utd supporters stand up persistently throughout tonight's game, the Football Licensing Authority has told Reading FC to reduce the allocation of tickets to Newcastle in the future. This will affect your fans because fewer Newcastle supporters will be able to attend. It makes sense to sit down because it is safer, and your children and disabled fans can see the match as well as fit adults. So if you care about Newcastle Utd, for the sake of your fellow fans and your own team, please remain seated during this evening's game.

I'd love to meet someone from the FLA.

I'd hazard a guess that he'd be a humourless, nerdy wakner.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 02 May 2007 08:35

AbovetheI
Stranded
Jerry St Clair
Stranded Try telling that to the poor woman sat in front of my mate by the away end who was covered in human shit thrown at her by a Newcastle fan when we scored.

What!?

He has photos to prove it.

Goal went in and a selection of pies were thrown at the fans just over from the away end. Mixed in with it some wonderful person chucked a small bag with crap in it which hit the woman in front of him. This pissed him off and the stewards were having a go at him to sit down - they finally came over saw what had happened and got some cleaners over to clear it all up.

My Dad was hit by a pie. He was clapping after the goal and a meat pie exploded on his hand. And he still licked the meat off. :roll: :lol:

:lol: