Sorry, but I am already pissed off with Seol

287 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Aug 2007 17:07

zac naloen and, so, therefore?

Seol if he'd taken it past the player also has the quality to put the ball in the back of the net himself from 25 yards just using Doyle as a decoy to keep some defenders off himself.

I was defending your point anyway, Seol isn't Little and would rather look for an early pass before bombing it down the wing (and recieve the ball back for the cross in) rather than run with the ball at his feet. He obviously feels this isn't a strength of his.

You've clearly been watching a different Seol to me over the last 12 months!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 14 Aug 2007 17:20

brendywendy
zac naloen
brendywendy
zac naloen
to be fair at most points when he got the ball there would have been only one forward to cross it to, marked by 4 united defenders
i would have thought that checking back and looking for a better pass was exactly the right thing to do

It just seems that too many people are comparing him to Little who despite his lack of pace isn't afraid to bomb it down the wing and take on players. Seol would rather look for the early pass first and then bomb it down the wing (by which time someone has closed him down).

but if little had played he could have taken it past the player

and still be confronted by doyle surrounded by 4 defenders

and, so, therefore?

Seol if he'd taken it past the player also has the quality to put the ball in the back of the net himself from 25 yards just using Doyle as a decoy to keep some defenders off himself.

I was defending your point anyway, Seol isn't Little and would rather look for an early pass before bombing it down the wing (and recieve the ball back for the cross in) rather than run with the ball at his feet. He obviously feels this isn't a strength of his.

actually looking at his early form, running with the ball at his feet was a strength at the start
then he lost it a couple of times whilst doing it
and reverted to pass and move
maybe the booing beat it out of him
and i just meant it wouldnt have mattered if little was playing, he would have spent all his time chasing, and if hre did get past his marker momentarily doyle would still be unhittable with a pass, and he also would be unlikely to stroll half the length of the pitch unnoposed.
so the only sensible option open to whoever our right winger was on sunday would be to check back and pass and move

Booing hasn't beaten anything out of him........

Seol has only been mildly booed on one occassion after playing p*ss poor.... Seol isn't getting booed every week at all......

Its wrong to suggest his poor performances have anything to do with the fact that one or two fans booed him after being completely frustrated after yet another couldn't care less performance.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 14 Aug 2007 17:26

Hoop Blah
zac naloen and, so, therefore?

You've clearly been watching a different Seol to me over the last 12 months!

Not sure what gives you that idea, thats the impression I get when watching Seol.

He gets the ball runs with it a bit, looks for a pass too early before enough players can get forward for the counter attack (sometimes) can't see one slows everything down tries to run forward again but has already been closed down. The times when he's most effective is when he gets given the ball in the opponents half of the pitch after some work from midfield or by the full back. Basically, he's not a winger who you can give the ball too and expect to run at the opponents (ala Steven Hunt). But he can do a job in certain areas of the pitch. Unfortunately he doesn't always get the ball in the areas he's most effective. Definately seems to be a confidence (or complacency) thing as he did all the right things when he came here and this wasn't an issue.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Aug 2007 17:35

Top Flight
brendywendy
zac naloen
brendywendy
zac naloen
to be fair at most points when he got the ball there would have been only one forward to cross it to, marked by 4 united defenders
i would have thought that checking back and looking for a better pass was exactly the right thing to do

It just seems that too many people are comparing him to Little who despite his lack of pace isn't afraid to bomb it down the wing and take on players. Seol would rather look for the early pass first and then bomb it down the wing (by which time someone has closed him down).

but if little had played he could have taken it past the player

and still be confronted by doyle surrounded by 4 defenders

and, so, therefore?

actually looking at his early form, running with the ball at his feet was a strength at the start
then he lost it a couple of times whilst doing it
and reverted to pass and move
maybe the booing beat it out of him
and i just meant it wouldnt have mattered if little was playing, he would have spent all his time chasing, and if hre did get past his marker momentarily doyle would still be unhittable with a pass, and he also would be unlikely to stroll half the length of the pitch unnoposed.
so the only sensible option open to whoever our right winger was on sunday would be to check back and pass and move

Booing hasn't beaten anything out of him........

Seol has only been mildly booed on one occassion after playing p*ss poor.... Seol isn't getting booed every week at all......

Its wrong to suggest his poor performances have anything to do with the fact that one or two fans booed him after being completely frustrated after yet another couldn't care less performance.

ok

so a mild booing is ok

as long as its only mild

at what point does people booing become bad booing

100 people?1000?10000?

have you asked him if he couldnt care less?

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 14 Aug 2007 17:49

Royal Rother
Only one Trevor Morley Dear oh dear - reading this thread in its entirety has left me shaking my head.

Royal Rother feely admits to forming opinions quickly which reflect his views at any given moment. Thats fine, we all know the person who likes the sound of his own voice and steadfastly sets out views before the facts emerge - it makes for interesting (if ill informed) debate. However if you're going to make opinions on the hoof then you have to accept that more often than not those opinions will be incorrect because they have been made quickly in the absence of fact.

Yeah, I can imagine you thought that sounded really good when you typed it out.

All the fantasy of your own mind of course - my views of Seol have been formed over the last 12 months and frequently aired in relatively mild tones - I don't believe I have ever directly questioned whether he puts 100% in, just raised constructive criticisms of his performances.

His performance on Sunday pissed me off because yet again everything slowed down when he got the ball, he has bags of skill yet never once looked confident enough to get past the first defender and his passing and tackling was pretty abject as well. I can't stand it when a player, week in week out, appears too scared to use his God-given talents - it really hacks me off.

I wait for him to prove I have reached despondency over his performances over the last 6-8 months a tad too quickly but as with most other assessments of players' contributions, I suspect he is not going to prove me wrong, because I am rarely given cause to change my mind.

My feeling about Coppell is about the only time I can recall I got it completely wrong and I am sufficiently ego-free to regularly refer to it myself. You'll probably have to make something up again to come up with another example.

Lita anyone?

your mistake about Coppell is so monumental that any further opinion you have on anything is irrelevant at best.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Aug 2007 18:30

Only one Trevor Morley
Royal Rother
Only one Trevor Morley Dear oh dear - reading this thread in its entirety has left me shaking my head.

Royal Rother feely admits to forming opinions quickly which reflect his views at any given moment. Thats fine, we all know the person who likes the sound of his own voice and steadfastly sets out views before the facts emerge - it makes for interesting (if ill informed) debate. However if you're going to make opinions on the hoof then you have to accept that more often than not those opinions will be incorrect because they have been made quickly in the absence of fact.

All the fantasy of your own mind of course - my views of Seol have been formed over the last 12 months and frequently aired in relatively mild tones - I don't believe I have ever directly questioned whether he puts 100% in, just raised constructive criticisms of his performances.

His performance on Sunday pissed me off because yet again everything slowed down when he got the ball, he has bags of skill yet never once looked confident enough to get past the first defender and his passing and tackling was pretty abject as well. I can't stand it when a player, week in week out, appears too scared to use his God-given talents - it really hacks me off.

I wait for him to prove I have reached despondency over his performances over the last 6-8 months a tad too quickly but as with most other assessments of players' contributions, I suspect he is not going to prove me wrong, because I am rarely given cause to change my mind.

My feeling about Coppell is about the only time I can recall I got it completely wrong and I am sufficiently ego-free to regularly refer to it myself. You'll probably have to make something up again to come up with another example.

Lita anyone?

your mistake about Coppell is so monumental that any further opinion you have on anything is irrelevant at best.

Lita what?

As for Coppell, I and half the board got that one wrong, most would not be man enough to admit it now of course - in fact I have a strong recollection of you being vociferously anti-Coppell at the same point....

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 14 Aug 2007 20:04

Sorry, but Lita was pretty abject for a spell last season (November, December, basically). He got taken out of the team and played as a sub, spent some time in Coppell purgatory and then came back firing.

That he was good, post-dropping, doesn't mean that he was in any way effective before it.

Seol was preferred up front.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 15 Aug 2007 09:28

Royal Rother
Only one Trevor Morley
Royal Rother

Lita anyone?

Lita what?

As for Coppell, I and half the board got that one wrong, most would not be man enough to admit it now of course - in fact I have a strong recollection of you being vociferously anti-Coppell at the same point....

I cant be bothered to elaborate on lita. Everyone knows what an idiot you made of yourself .

Happy for you to find a quote that is vociferously anti Coppell or indeed anti Coppell - you wont. but then what can one expect from someone so unrealiable - if your strong recollections are incorrect then what hope do we have of you being able to form a half decent opinion after a game.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 15 Aug 2007 09:38

I cant be bothered to elaborate on lita. Everyone knows what an idiot you made of yourself

When Royal Rother made his comments about Lita he was playing utter shite. Just because the player came back and played well after being dropped from the team (which came after the Lita thread was created, a thread in which Rother expressed many times that he wants Lita to sort it out and play well) doesn't mean that comments made at the time of his shiteness are automatically invalidated. That is just moronic.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Aug 2007 18:22

Thank you for recalling the facts of the matter, rather than just looking to score pathetic points with false info as seems to be OOTM's way, which incidentally I parodied with my "recollection" of his supposed anti-Coppell posts.

Seol, much much better today. One game isn't going to be enough to win me over but at least we saw a far more committed gutsy performance. Get fit soon and keep it up.
Last edited by Royal Rother on 18 Aug 2007 18:26, edited 2 times in total.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Aug 2007 18:25

Royal Rother Get fit soon and keep it up.
- At Fulham

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 18 Aug 2007 18:51

Franchise FC
Royal Rother Get fit soon and keep it up.
- At Fulham

I'd hope he'd be fit before November. :)

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 Aug 2007 18:53

At least he tried for a change before he got injured today.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 18 Aug 2007 20:35

Royalee At least he tried for a change before he got injured today.

I thought he had a great game - one of three stand-out players with Bikey and Hunt.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 18 Aug 2007 20:52

Seol played well today. I'm one of the biggest haters of Seol (do not boo him I must add) so today is a plus. This though I remember saying a small while back. So, i'm not judging him by one performance.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Aug 2007 23:43

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo Seol played well today. I'm one of the biggest haters of Seol (do not boo him I must add) so today is a plus. This though I remember saying a small while back. So, i'm not judging him by one performance.

I must have been in some alternate universe. I thought he was shit today and have now joined the Officially fed up of Seol brigade (not that I would ever boo him)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Aug 2007 23:45

How odd.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Aug 2007 23:47

Ian Royal
readingfc_4_life_and_beyo Seol played well today. I'm one of the biggest haters of Seol (do not boo him I must add) so today is a plus. This though I remember saying a small while back. So, i'm not judging him by one performance.

I must have been in some alternate universe. I thought he was shit today and have now joined the Officially fed up of Seol brigade (not that I would ever boo him)
try analysing Shorey against Chelsea

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 18 Aug 2007 23:49

Played well today, 7/10 performance before sadly going off. One shite cross is all i can think of in terms of things he did badly today, saying that i didn't see anyone in a hooped shirt play badly today.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Aug 2007 23:55

AthleticoSpizz
Ian Royal

try analysing Shorey against Chelsea

I actually think Shorey has been a bit patchy so far, a few wayward passes that you wouldn't normally expect.

Hey ho, I guess I'll just have to accept I'm on my own on the Seol thing tonight.

287 posts