Sorry, but I am already pissed off with Seol

287 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Aug 2007 23:59

Ian Royal
AthleticoSpizz
Ian Royal
readingfc_4_life_and_beyo Seol played well today. I'm one of the biggest haters of Seol (do not boo him I must add) so today is a plus. This though I remember saying a small while back. So, i'm not judging him by one performance.

I must have been in some alternate universe. I thought he was shit today and have now joined the Officially fed up of Seol brigade (not that I would ever boo him)
try analysing Shorey against Chelsea

I actually think Shorey has been a bit patchy so far, a few wayward passes that you wouldn't normally expect.

Hey ho, I guess I'll just have to accept I'm on my own on the Seol thing tonight.
but it takes a man to admit that he is wrong :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Aug 2007 00:01

AthleticoSpizz
Ian Royal
AthleticoSpizz
Ian Royal
readingfc_4_life_and_beyo Seol played well today. I'm one of the biggest haters of Seol (do not boo him I must add) so today is a plus. This though I remember saying a small while back. So, i'm not judging him by one performance.

I must have been in some alternate universe. I thought he was shit today and have now joined the Officially fed up of Seol brigade (not that I would ever boo him)

I actually think Shorey has been a bit patchy so far, a few wayward passes that you wouldn't normally expect.

Hey ho, I guess I'll just have to accept I'm on my own on the Seol thing tonight.

I don't think I am. Maybe if I saw the match again I'd change my mind. I don't think so.

This is getting rather boring now.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 19 Aug 2007 00:10

Ian Royal

you could actually go to a game and watch it with both eyes open,
apart from the one bad cross in the 2nd half please list the bad parts of Seols game today?
I know there are people on here that would say he had a shit game if he scored a hat trick

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Aug 2007 00:13

Chaney
Ian Royal

you could actually go to a game and watch it with both eyes open,
apart from the one bad cross in the 2nd half please list the bad parts of Seols game today?
I know there are people on here that would say he had a shit game if he scored a hat trick

I've already listed them twice. We obviously have different ideas about what makes a good cross. I consider it to be one that goes somewhere near a striker or midfielder in the box and gives them a chance to head or shoot at goal. Not miles over the top for the opposite winger to have to pull back and struggle to control and then put his own cross in. I saw at least 3 of those.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Aug 2007 00:14

Ian Royal
AthleticoSpizz
Ian Royal
AthleticoSpizz
Ian Royal

I don't think I am. Maybe if I saw the match again I'd change my mind. I don't think so.

you (and the likes of you) have made it this way

had I not gone to the game today, I still could have predicted (posts like yours) and posted replies (like mine)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Aug 2007 00:16

AthleticoSpizz
Ian Royal
AthleticoSpizz
Ian Royal
AthleticoSpizz
Ian Royal

you (and the likes of you) have made it this way

had I not gone to the game today, I still could have predicted (posts like yours) and posted replies (like mine)

Do me a favour and get lost Spizz. I've stated my opinion and backed it up with reasons. Just because you don't like it isn't my problem. You don't have to agree, I've got no problem with that.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Aug 2007 00:21

we'll have fun in the morning.

Seol will never win the likes of you over

but today, he was above your critisism in any way shape or form.

loves ya mils

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Aug 2007 00:29

AthleticoSpizz we'll have fun in the morning.

Seol will never win the likes of you over

but today, he was above your critisism in any way shape or form.

loves ya mils

bollocks. THe likes of me? get off your high horse you look moronic.

When He puts in a display I think is good I'll back him. Can't say fairer than that. De La Cruz managed it. Hughes managed it. I was concerned about Ivar being up to the right standard at the start of last season and he's been amazing.

Only too happy to be proved wrong, always give a player a fair crack of the whip before making up my mind.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Aug 2007 00:31

Moronic? a little harsh, if not actually factual Ian

what is troubling you my friend?

g

by g » 19 Aug 2007 03:33

Another poor performance by Seol I'm afraid. Bless him for trying to get involved today but the poor sod couldn't even mark the slow Arteta. Only saw one decent cross and that was pretty much all he got in. Hope his sorry ship comes to shore soon enough.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 19 Aug 2007 09:38

I really don't understand what more people want from Seol. Beat his man, put a cross in, when he didn't beat his man he cut back and put a cross in with his left. Chased down the opposition and made tackles, helped Murty at right back and linked up well. It stuns me how much effort Reading fans will go to hate their own, it sickens me

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 19 Aug 2007 10:08

Huntley & Palmer I really don't understand what more people want from Seol. Beat his man, put a cross in, when he didn't beat his man he cut back and put a cross in with his left. Chased down the opposition and made tackles, helped Murty at right back and linked up well. It stuns me how much effort Reading fans will go to hate their own, it sickens me

absoluely agree, no matter what Seol does people will hate him.
pathetic idiots, he was pressuring opponents just as much as darling Harper yesterday, but I don`t see posters starting I hate Harper threads

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 19 Aug 2007 10:36

g Another poor performance by Seol I'm afraid. Bless him for trying to get involved today but the poor sod couldn't even mark the slow Arteta. Only saw one decent cross and that was pretty much all he got in. Hope his sorry ship comes to shore soon enough.

go back to trying to suck your own cock

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 19 Aug 2007 10:42

Seol has certainly upped his work rate especially tracking back and tackling. He needs some coaching on how to tackle though, hacking at a players standing leg is not the way to do it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Aug 2007 10:57

Huntley & Palmer I really don't understand what more people want from Seol. Beat his man, put a cross in, when he didn't beat his man he cut back and put a cross in with his left. Chased down the opposition and made tackles, helped Murty at right back and linked up well. It stuns me how much effort Reading fans will go to hate their own, it sickens me

Sorry for expecting too much, but I rather think the crosses should actually go vaguely near someone who can try and put them in the net, and that tackles should involve kicking the ball away from the opposition player, not shoving the opposition player over.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 19 Aug 2007 11:03

Ian Royal

Sorry for expecting too much, but I rather think the crosses should actually go vaguely near someone who can try and put them in the net, and that tackles should involve kicking the ball away from the opposition player, not shoving the opposition player over.

yeah because all our players are perfect all the time, FFS do you know what an idiot you sound like?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Aug 2007 11:08

Skin
Ian Royal

yeah because all our players are perfect all the time, FFS do you know what an idiot you sound like?

I don't want a player to be perfect. Seol doesn't fit in with our style of play. Hunt isn't perfect, Bikey isn't perfect, Murty isn't perfect, Harper isn't perfect. They all bring much more to the team than Seol.

If you can actually have a decent arguement about how well Seol played rather than slagging me off I might listen. But all I've heard so far is he was better than against United and tried harder. So he put in some crosses, most of them were arse. I expect a little more than better than worthless. My apologies for having reasonably high standards.

And for anyone who thinks I'm the sort who instantly jumps on someones back and gives them abuse the whole time maybe you should review my HNA history. I don't do that. Nor do I continue to criticise a player who has actually proved his worth and come good.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 19 Aug 2007 11:20

Ian Royal
Skin
Ian Royal

I don't want a player to be perfect. Seol doesn't fit in with our style of play. Hunt isn't perfect, Bikey isn't perfect, Murty isn't perfect, Harper isn't perfect. They all bring much more to the team than Seol.

If you can actually have a decent arguement about how well Seol played rather than slagging me off I might listen. But all I've heard so far is he was better than against United and tried harder. So he put in some crosses, most of them were arse. I expect a little more than better than worthless. My apologies for having reasonably high standards.

And for anyone who thinks I'm the sort who instantly jumps on someones back and gives them abuse the whole time maybe you should review my HNA history. I don't do that. Nor do I continue to criticise a player who has actually proved his worth and come good.

So you highlight the few mistakes (and what player always puts in a perfect cross anyway?) but no mention of what he actually did well. How convenient. I was sat next to a mate who was on his back from the off so we agreed to keep a tally of his plusses and minuses in the game. Guess what his positives far outnumbered his negatives. By a long way. No more and no less than most of the players on the pitch, including Evertons.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Aug 2007 11:27

Come on then lets have some. I've said what I didn't like about his performance, but no one has come up with more than one or two examples of why he was so good. They've just got stuck in to me instead.

I'm fairly sure I counted at least 5 crap crosses, and can't remember a really good one, though there must have been one early on from all the paper reviews.

there were also the 3 or 4 stupid freekicks he gave away. I don't recall him winning the ball very often, hasling a little and then having his player go past him yes.

But far and away the most unforgivable thing as far as I'm concerned is when we had a break on, he just jogs forward with the ball giving Everton plenty of time to get back. He has no urgency and doesn't fit in with the Reading lightning quick break. Even Little who's much slower manages to break quicker than Seol, and he turns his man inside out.

I'm not saying he wasn't improved from the United game, I just don't think he was improved enough and I'm fed up of giving him chance after chance to show what he can do.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 19 Aug 2007 12:21

Ian:

I know what you mean. It's very frustrating and Lucky the fact we have a player like Hunt who tracks back to get the wall when it goes over his head. I did notice that they kept going long, but as I say, Hunt actually turned them into something half decent.

The reason he was much improved yesterday was because he worked a lot harder than he has done recently, admittedly not as hard as he should quite yet, but i've seen an improvement.

He did put in a few decent challenges, if Bikey hadn't been there (what a bloody rock :shock: ) he would have probably got the ball.

An improvement but not enough IMO to keep Oster out of the side (if either are fit...).

287 posts