Yes
32%
No
68%

Total votes: 173
rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 15 Aug 2007 11:09

Forbury Lion Oh and another thing, maybe we should start a rumour about a big club watching him this season with a view to a multi million pound signing if he impresses.... might see his performances ramp up as a result

i heard the saints - aka the best team in the league - are willing to pay 10 million for him

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 16 Aug 2007 07:07

The sooner this bloke goes the better.

It was like having nine men when he came on last night. I would much rather see someone like Simon Cox or James Henry get a run out. At least they'd give some effort for their hometown club. For some reason Steve Coppell just can't see that.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 16 Aug 2007 09:37

Does he poo.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Aug 2007 09:56

ok,
i admit it, after all the support ive given him, he goes and lets me down like that!

oster>poo>seol

last night he seemed to be trying too hard, it seems that the pressure is getting to him
falling over himself, chasing, tackling etc
but every time we needed him, he fecked it up, lost the ball, moved into a daft position, went th ewrong way to receive passes

della on the radio said he had heard from players that he is getting on their nerves too.

ship
him
out

MadMac

by MadMac » 16 Aug 2007 11:01

He was all over the place last night, I thought the way he was stretching last night he would be running for the last few minutes he was on, did he hell, he has no passion and can't read the match...

Please sell!!

I would put Bikey Right Side Midfield until Little is back fit (Any ETA on this)...

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Aug 2007 12:04

Swap him with Rosenior.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Aug 2007 13:48

Seol - the scape-goat for the failings of others. Where is the Kalifa Cisse is an absolute liability thread?

Officially bored with threads about Seol. Sell him and you drones will have to find somebody else to pick on.

robb the royal

by robb the royal » 16 Aug 2007 14:11

of course he does, every player puts in 100% all the time (at any club, not just here) just because us supporters don't see him chasing down every ball, diving in for challenges ect doesn't mean that he isn't putting in 100% effort all the time... if he didn't, the team suffers, falls down the league, dragging him with it, or he gets sold. Coppell isn't stupid, he would reconize a player who was only half heatedly playing and would quickly get rid of him.
Rant over
(and just for the record, i'm not one of these Soel lovers (rare as they are-in this country anyway), i don't think he's brilliant, but the amount of skill a player has, doesn't affect his effort)
in simple terms, Seol is just really really rubbish, but puts in the effort.
Rant really over now :D

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 16 Aug 2007 14:16

If you are chasing a game and bring on a right winger to try and get you a goal it might be an idea to get the ball out wide and play it to his feet so he can try to create something.

To have a go at Seol for yesterdays result is just stupid.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Aug 2007 14:21

I don't really subscribe to the view that he doesn't try.

I think he is just not strong enough mentally to cope with the demands of English league football on a regular basis.

What the underlying reasons are I wouldn't know, but to me he looks like he wilts under pressure.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Aug 2007 14:42

robb the royal of course he does, every player puts in 100% all the time (at any club, not just here) just because us supporters don't see him chasing down every ball, diving in for challenges ect doesn't mean that he isn't putting in 100% effort all the time...

That is like saying, just because us supporters don't see Andy Hughes putting in any decent crosses, making pin point accurate passes and is missing the target when it would seem easier to score doean't mean that the lad lacks talent.

Its like saying just because he plays sh*t, doesn't mean he is a sh*t player.

Or saying just because he does jack sh*t doesn't make him lazy. Its a contradiction Robbie.

Come on Rob the Royal............. If Seol doesn't look like he is working hard for the team, its because he is not working hard for the team. Stop defending the undefendable. Even Brendy Wendy is starting to come round!
Last edited by Top Flight on 16 Aug 2007 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Loyal Royal

by Mr Loyal Royal » 16 Aug 2007 14:44

Going foward he works hard (mostly), defending he doesn't try atall.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Aug 2007 15:41

Sebastian
floyd__streete Seol - the scape-goat for the failings of others. Where is the Kalifa Cisse is an absolute liability thread?

Officially bored with threads about Seol. Sell him and you drones will have to find somebody else to pick on.

No one is having a go at Seol's ability - just his perceived laziness. He's a professional sportsman, so of course he isn't lazy - but he's got a funny way of showing it on the pitch.

The first time Seol had a quiet game no one had a go, they just hoped he'd get back to his Middlesbrough Home/West Ham Away best - but after a year of no improvement, he starts to grate.

Cisse has played his first ever game in the Prem - yes, he wasn't the best - but if he's still playing like he did last night in a year, then I'm sure there will be all manner of threads about him.

I don't get this whole 'we need a scape goat' thing - I think the fans genuinely react to poor play - with no other motive than that.

i wasnt complaining about him being lazy

if anything i think his show last night contained110%effort
its just that nothing came off as he was trying too hard
its just that everything he tried failed

and cisse played ok last night, certainly enough good signs

apart from 1 daft tackle 1st half, and not stopping the worlds brest goalscoring midfileder from bundling into the box he did nowt wrong
and made sidders look a bit pants 1st half

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 16 Aug 2007 15:44

Sebastian
Mr Loyal Royal Going foward he works hard (mostly), defending he doesn't try atall.

that's why it was a good thing we were playing against a team with absolutely no attacking ability, and no ambitions to go forward, last night :lol:

(Seol was on the bench against Chelsea, and only came on when they decided to try and defend their lead rather than going all out for a third goal.)

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Aug 2007 15:44

Top Flight
robb the royal of course he does, every player puts in 100% all the time (at any club, not just here) just because us supporters don't see him chasing down every ball, diving in for challenges ect doesn't mean that he isn't putting in 100% effort all the time...

That is like saying, just because us supporters don't see Andy Hughes putting in any decent crosses, making pin point accurate passes and is missing the target when it would seem easier to score doean't mean that the lad lacks talent.

Its like saying just because he plays sh*t, doesn't mean he is a sh*t player.

Or saying just because he does jack sh*t doesn't make him lazy. Its a contradiction Robbie.

Come on Rob the Royal............. If Seol doesn't look like he is working hard for the team, its because he is not working hard for the team. Stop defending the undefendable. Even Brendy Wendy is starting to come round!

right thats it, ive changed my mind back again
how dare you use me to back up your argument! :wink:

i did think he worked harder than ever last night, was just a bit pish

meeky_no9

by meeky_no9 » 16 Aug 2007 16:20

I think he does put 100% in each match but as you can see he is Oxf*rd and cant cut it in the Premier League or maybe not evan the Championship

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 16 Aug 2007 16:55

Lazy a*sed tw*t who has already made it quite clear he's unhappy. I wouldn't mind if he was half decent but other than some good early performances last season, he's done f*ck all.

The day that bloke goes in for a 50/50 challenge / header AND wins it is the day I start believing that he'll be worth keeping.

Get rid.

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 16 Aug 2007 18:02

i think my text to BBC RB summed it up nicely...

Oster should be given more games and cashing in on Seol would be a good idea. We seem to have many more oppertunities when Oster plays.

Oster and Little are much better than Seol.
As soon as he shows Coppell that he deserves to be played ahead of those two, he should be...but until then his place is on the bench or at another club.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 16 Aug 2007 18:13

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing him sold. He strolls around the pitch like he's got nothing to prove to anyone, when in actual fact he really has. He will probably be exactly the same at the next club he goes to, so sell him and put it towards someone with the right attitude.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 16 Aug 2007 19:00

Yesterday was South Korea's independence day.