Reading V Chelsea match thread

311 posts
Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 15 Aug 2007 23:17

Anyway.. just to make it clear.. that was never a sending off. I hope we appeal.

I am sat in the corner with my dunce hat on...

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 15 Aug 2007 23:18

Arch
AndyRFC Absolutely furious with the second half performance, no pride/belief or passion. Reading we're a man short of a game- Steve Sidwell
Complete bullshit, Andy. That was nothing to do with pride, belief or passion. We got rattled by tactical changes that left their team flooded with attacking players. After ten minutes we steadied the ship, but never got the same attacking rhythm as in the first half. I'd love to see you go into the dressing room and tell them there was no pride, belief or passion. Truly daft!

Completely agree with Arch here. We were never going to get back to the same form and flow after those changes (desperate ones BTW- a huge credit to us) after the first half and the quick goal for CHelsea. Then we were just outplayed and - sadly, we weren't able to combat the tactical changes. I'd be interested in knowing why other think this is. Is this a weakness of Coppell's or is it just that we don't have the quality to deal with such things?

Having just seen it on MOTD - I can't understand at all why Cisse got his second yellow. Poor decision but Cisse did not impress me overall. Chelsea got the better of him too often and I thought he should have been subbed sooner. As a team in the first half we were very impressive but I thought everyone was just a little off and no one had a brilliant game.

The game did remind me, once again, how much it sucks to watch Chelsea. I agree with whoever said on Berks radio about how you just think to yourself that you wouldn't mind losing so much to them if they at least did it with some dignity. But no - this supposedly great team - one goal up with the majority of the second half to go - just stall and sit back as much as possible. They have no class and I'd rather watch and play Man U any day over them.

And my final thought is that I thought it was nice of the stewards to lend their uniforms to Chelsea.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 15 Aug 2007 23:21

Cisse did well when he was on.

Very promising.

Blue and White Toucan

by Blue and White Toucan » 15 Aug 2007 23:27

Ozymandias Posted: 15 Aug 2007 23:23 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

premiership_bound wrote:
cúnts[/b]

Top quality post !!

Trust an auditor to be clever !!!! :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Aug 2007 23:32

Yorkshire Royal In the most blatant u-turn in the history of HNA, that was never a sending off... having now seen in up close on MOTD, there was no contact and that Pizarro chap should be ashamed of himself..

Big girls blouse.. Apologies Ian...

Takes a big man to admit to being wrong. No probs mate. :D

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 15 Aug 2007 23:37

Didn't touch him.

I'll never be able to look at The Boulevard Montmartre at Night again.

Bastard.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 15 Aug 2007 23:38

Row Z Royal Cisse did well when he was on.

Very promising.

Really?

He shouldn't of been sent-off, but his passing was shocking.

glosson

by glosson » 15 Aug 2007 23:43

When we were up 1-0 in the half, I thought for sure Steve would tell the lads to go on defensive as they did all day on Sunday, just to hold on for the 3 points. They seemed completely caught off guard by the pace Chelsea returned with.
Still, I'm quite encouraged that we've played pretty well against these two teams, and hope they'll come to the matches against Everton, Sunderland or whoever else with a sense of urgency.
And yes....a challenge is in order for that red card.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 15 Aug 2007 23:44

So we should have gone three at the back when down to ten men.
Have you been watching football long.?
what a prat

floyd__streete
Arch to put that down to "no passion, pride or belief" is the stupidest remark I've read in a while.

No belief, certainly. Not helped by some of the daftest tactics I have seen in a while - name another side who would take a striker off when down to ten men 2-1 down at home.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Aug 2007 23:45

9 yellows and a second yellow plus red?

you'd have thought the game was a blood bath!

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 15 Aug 2007 23:51

Fair play league is w@nk anyway.

ArfnipIsARoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ArfnipIsARoyal » 15 Aug 2007 23:56

Was it just me not seeing it properly or did Cech pull his hand away from Hunt in the handshake and smack the mascot in the head?

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 15 Aug 2007 23:57

Para Handy Didn't touch him.

I'll never be able to look at The Boulevard Montmartre at Night again.

Bastard.

Wrong forum - Art (Dis)Appreciation on AE!

:lol:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Aug 2007 23:59

ArfnipIsARoyal Was it just me not seeing it properly or did Cech pull his hand away from Hunt in the handshake and smack the mascot in the head?

Dont look for something that isn't there!!

They shook hands.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Aug 2007 00:01

ArfnipIsARoyal Was it just me not seeing it properly or did Cech pull his hand away from Hunt in the handshake and smack the mascot in the head?
it did appear that way on MOTD

Lets hope the mascot charges for a life-threatening assault (or the like)

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Aug 2007 00:16

AndyRFC Absolutely furious with the second half performance, no pride/belief or passion. Reading we're a man short of a game- Steve Sidwell

What a load of rubbish. Chelsea made brilliant changes (one of which being to take the useless Sidwell off and replace him with Mikel) at half time and caught us cold. They then kept the ball very well and played some decent football before Dean decided to ruin the contest by handing out a joke of a red card.

...Actually, it's a shame Sidwell wasn't on the pitch for the game - if he'dve stayed on we'dve won because he absolutely ruined their midfield as Lampard couldn't bomb and score (like he did the minute Sidwell came off) with Sidwell abandoning defensive duties, forcing Lampard to sit back.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 Aug 2007 00:26

Royalee

What a load of rubbish. Chelsea made brilliant changes (one of which being to take the useless Sidwell off and replace him with Mikel) at half time and caught us cold. They then kept the ball very well and played some decent football before Dean decided to ruin the contest by handing out a joke of a red card.

...Actually, it's a shame Sidwell wasn't on the pitch for the game - if he'dve stayed on we'dve won because he absolutely ruined their midfield as Lampard couldn't bomb and score (like he did the minute Sidwell came off) with Sidwell abandoning defensive duties, forcing Lampard to sit back.

Sidwell > Cisse

in fact Robert Codner > cisse on that performance, utter utter GASH.

Long DUMP

no attacking options, and no way of changing the game. DUMP

Don't need the likes of Healy with LOLong about. 2 in 2 for Healy, how many Prem goals has Long got?

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 16 Aug 2007 00:29

So...how much did you all pay to watch that? :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Aug 2007 00:29

Alan Partridge
Royalee

Sidwell > Cisse

Long DUMP

Don't need the likes of Healy with LOLong about. 2 in 2 for Healy, how many Prem goals has Long got?
and all of that from his first game

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Aug 2007 00:31

Alan Partridge
Royalee

Sidwell > Cisse

Long DUMP

...Well I'd like to think if the goalkeeper dropped the ball at my feet with an empty net, I'd be able to score. We'll see how many goals Healy scores against Chelsea then shall we?

Cisse makes his debut in English football and is sent off for nothing. Yes, he's a disgrace and he'll never be as good as Sidwell, who managed a whole 45 minutes before being subbed by his irate manager. Funny how we dominated the first half when both Cisse and Sidwell were on the pitch up against eachother. I'd recommend you give him more than one game against one of the top 5 sides in Europe to judge his credentials thank you very much.

311 posts