Last Chance For Lita?

366 posts
Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 29 Nov 2007 17:35

Behindu
brendywendy admittedly 3 more than anyone else in the squad

No, there are other squad members with a worse track record than Leroy's.

I am intrigued. Who?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Nov 2007 17:37

oster shot a man in the eye

just for glaring nastily at him

or so i heard

he wasnt oxf*rd glaring afterwards i can tell thee

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Nov 2007 17:41

SpaceCruiser :roll:

Does this "demeanor" consist of refusing to sign autographs and ignoring goggle eyed nerds?

Not that I know of - personally I've not asked anyone for an autograph for over 30 years!

It's partly having an attitude of self-wroth and entitlement which is far greater than performances on the pitch deserve.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Nov 2007 17:43

brendywendy oster shot a man in the eye

or so i heard

But that was a long time ago, and then SC gave him a chance to be a reformed character, which he has, as far as we can tell, well and truly taken.

Leroy has been given a number of chances to be a reformed character, which he has, as far as we can tell, completely and utterly not taken.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Nov 2007 17:55

Dirk Gently

or so i heard

But that was a long time ago, and then SC gave him a chance to be a reformed character, which he has, as far as we can tell, well and truly taken.

Leroy has been given a number of chances to be a reformed character, which he has, as far as we can tell, completely and utterly not taken.

its just his schoolboy demeanor that makes him seem so angelic

underneath hes a seething vortex of rage

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 29 Nov 2007 18:42

brendywendy
Dirk Gently

or so i heard

its just his schoolboy demeanor that makes him seem so angelic

underneath hes a seething vortex of rage

Shame he wasn't just a good footballer.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 29 Nov 2007 20:41

Will be really Peed off if Leroy goes. He has had a bad few games yeah fair enough he just needs another chance. We all know what he can do as we've seen it but he just needs to mature more as a player i feel.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Nov 2007 20:42

rg6royal Will be really Peed off if Leroy goes. He has had a bad few games yeah fair enough he just needs another chance. We all know what he can do as we've seen it but he just needs to mature more as a player i feel.

I'd say that he needs to mature as a person first - maturing as a player will follow from that.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Nov 2007 22:00

rg6royal Will be really Peed off if Leroy goes. He has had a bad few games yeah fair enough he just needs another chance. We all know what he can do as we've seen it but he just needs to mature more as a player i feel.

i agree although i m not sure it will happen him getting a chance!!

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 30 Nov 2007 16:33

It's all a matter of "fit" with a particular style and ethos. SC's whole approach depends on individuals in his teams being mature. LL just doesn't fit the mould, much as SC has tried to develop him. I guess he suffers from having his formative years as a player in the very immature drinking culture of Bristol City.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 30 Nov 2007 17:45

Old Biscuitman
Behindu

I am intrigued. Who?

Two players with well publicised chequered pasts. Both with incidents that went further than anything Leroy has been involved in.
As Dirk points out, one of them seems to have put his bad boy days behind him and the other doesn;t seem to have a future at the club anyway.
The point is that Leroy isn;t unique at the club, and also that he has a chocie. He can knuckle down, grow up and play football or he can get a bad reputation and drift. John Oster was seen as a huge prospect when he was a kid and for a variety of reasons never acheieved what he looked to promise. The fact that he got a reputation for trouble probably accounted for some of that.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Nov 2007 17:51

Behindu
Old Biscuitman
Behindu

I am intrigued. Who?

Two players with well publicised chequered pasts. Both with incidents that went further than anything Leroy has been involved in.
As Dirk points out, one of them seems to have put his bad boy days behind him and the other doesn;t seem to have a future at the club anyway.
The point is that Leroy isn;t unique at the club, and also that he has a chocie. He can knuckle down, grow up and play football or he can get a bad reputation and drift. John Oster was seen as a huge prospect when he was a kid and for a variety of reasons never acheieved what he looked to promise. The fact that he got a reputation for trouble probably accounted for some of that.

hes a seething vortex of rage i tell thee

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 30 Nov 2007 17:52

Oster comes across as really mild mannered - hard to think of him as a gun toting mad man isn;t it !!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Nov 2007 17:57

Dirk Gently
brendywendy
Magicman
Dirk Gently
Alan Partridge I repeat - Who cares?

I couldn't give a fook what any of our players do in their spare time.

I could. If they're doing things that mean their commitment to the team (mental attitude or fitness) is affected - then that's surely got to be an issue.

Could not have put it any better myself

really?

has shagging some bird and filming it affected his commitment to the team, mental attitude and fitness?
i doubt very much whether getting involved in a ruckus in brizzle did either

Surely any ruckus is bound to affect him physically - but putting himself in positions where what was a late-night, drunken, ruckus is likely to occur does not show the best commitment to the cause or the greatest level of intelligence.

And yes, I know these things can happen to anyone, but it does seem to be a little more than once or twice with our Leroy.

Sadly, he seems to want to have all the trappings of being a Premier League player without first having put in all the application and dedication to prove that he is one.

So what Marcus said in his book about Leroy's dedication and application was all lies?

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 30 Nov 2007 18:06

LOL @ people believing what players say in books.

They won't say anything to rock the boat unless they have a backbone.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 30 Nov 2007 18:07

brendywendy
Magicman
brendywendy
Magicman
Dirk Gently
Alan Partridge I repeat - Who cares?

I couldn't give a fook what any of our players do in their spare time.

I could. If they're doing things that mean their commitment to the team (mental attitude or fitness) is affected - then that's surely got to be an issue.

Could not have put it any better myself

really?

has shagging some bird and filming it affected his commitment to the team, mental attitude and fitness?
i doubt very much whether getting involved in a ruccus in brizzle did either

Oh yeah he is much better player for it, you can tell by his first team performances surely

yeah, nice one newbie, thanks

that kinda ignores the question of whether the fight or the sex tape has actually affected his 1 or two 1st team appearences, or hes just in a run of poor form, which could be due to many things, not least his lack of games

Oy, newbie, you can't go round calling people that have joined nearly 2 years before you a newbie just because you have 3,499 more posts than them.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 30 Nov 2007 20:34

Coppell seems to hint from his inview on the website that Lita won't be involved again this weekend.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 30 Nov 2007 20:38

rg6royal Coppell seems to hint from his inview on the website that Lita won't be involved again this weekend.

If thats the case then Leroy is not going to be a happy lad. If anyone leaves in January I think it much more likely to be Lita and not Shorey....but things can change quickly and if either Doyle or Kitson or heaven forbid both get injured then Leroy might still have his chance.
Personally I would like to see him in the 16 as coming off the bench he could still make an impact against tiring defenders.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Dec 2007 04:44

Why would he be involved?

We only need 3 strikers and the others have done nothing to warrant being dropped in favour of the only front man without a league goal this season :?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Dec 2007 09:45

Woodcote Royal Why would he be involved?

We only need 3 strikers and the others have done nothing to warrant being dropped in favour of the only front man without a league goal this season :?

I would still place him ahead of Long in the pecking order although you obviously wouldn't.
I am in two minds regarding Lita.He does blow hot and cold(on the pitch and probably off it as well judging by the lurid pics on this board) but on a good day he looks a decent striker.
I cannot see him staying in January as things stand. I hope if he does go we get somebody in who is better. I am far from convinced the likes of Zamora and Nugent would be better and not sure what other options there will be next month.

366 posts