Hahnemann - The facts

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

Hahnemann - The facts

by londinium » 11 Dec 2007 00:47

O.K. this is a special message for Silas and West Stand flash and all the others that slag off Marcus without any facts whatsoever.

West Stand reckons that he 'actually lost count the amount of times he (Marcus) just lumped the ball out of play' and Silas rates it as 'Woeful and worst than ever' for the Liverpool game.

Well, I just watched the game again and noted all the stats on Marcus.

Shots on target that he had to save - 6
Saves - 5 (just the goal that beat him and he didnt really stand much of a chance on that one)

Had possession 34 times.

Rolled out -5 times
Kicked 29 times

Of his 29 kicks the stats are:-

At Doyle 7 (Doyle won 6)
At Kitson 9 (Kits won 7)
At a.n.other Reading player 9(won 6)
Kicked out of play 4 (of which twice he had strikers rushing at him)

So all in all of the 27 kicks he had under no pressure he kicked it out(lumped out of play) a grand total of TWO times - Hardly Woeful or Worst than ever was it Silas.

West Stand Flash you obviously cant count over TWO!!!!

Please back up your flipant remarks with Facts.

Rant over.

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 11 Dec 2007 00:59

wow.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 11 Dec 2007 01:01

londinium - you have far too much time on your hands!

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 11 Dec 2007 01:37

Dirk Gently londinium - you have far too much time on your hands!

New baby = no point going to bed, not going to get any sleep

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 11 Dec 2007 05:00

Thank you for setting the record straight! Slag him off when he actually plays bad. But I think that everyone did their part on Saturday over 'Pool. We do need to line up a long-term replacement for Marcus. I wouldn't mind seeing the team sign a younger 'equal' to Marcus to push him.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Hahnemann - The facts

by West Stand Flash » 11 Dec 2007 09:09

londinium O.K. this is a special message for Silas and West Stand flash and all the others that slag off Marcus without any facts whatsoever.

West Stand reckons that he 'actually lost count the amount of times he (Marcus) just lumped the ball out of play' and Silas rates it as 'Woeful and worst than ever' for the Liverpool game.

Saves - 5 (just the goal that beat him and he didnt really stand much of a chance on that one)

Had possession 34 times.

Rolled out -5 times
Kicked 29 times

At Doyle 7 (Doyle won 6)
At Kitson 9 (Kits won 7)

So all in all of the 27 kicks he had under no pressure he kicked it out(lumped out of play) a grand total of TWO times - Hardly Woeful or Worst than ever was it Silas.

Rant over.

Another typical example of a sad sad Reading fan with far too much time on his side. Obviously no life.
Bless you....

Ever so well done tho.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 11 Dec 2007 09:18

Good stats londinium. It's nice to see the true facts.

I'd be interested to know, however, of the balls that were won by Reading players, how many times we won the second ball? If the ball ends up with a Liverpool player and we lose possesion, is it worth Marcus hitting long 29 times out of 35 (or whatever the stat is), or is it better to roll it out to a Reading player?

It's not just us, most teams do it, but I wonder if we'd be better off mixing it up more often.

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 11 Dec 2007 09:21

West Stand Flash
londinium O.K. this is a special message for Silas and West Stand flash and all the others that slag off Marcus without any facts whatsoever.

Had possession 34 times.

Rolled out -5 times
Kicked 29 times

At Doyle 7 (Doyle won 6)
At Kitson 9 (Kits won 7)

Rant over.

Another typical example of a sad sad Reading fan with far too much time on his side. Obviously no life.
Bless you....

Ever so well done tho.

I take it you'll be retracting your slating of Hahnemann now though, seeing as the 'sad sad Reading fan with too much time on his side' has proved you to be as about as wrong as you could have got? Also for someone with no life londinium sounds like he's doing ok, what with the new baby and all.

The stats also show how dominant we were in the air up front on Saturday, Doyle and Kitson only lost 3 of 16 aerial challenges, which is hugely impressive.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 11 Dec 2007 09:32

It's only on the continent that they tend to roll the ball out more because they play a more passing game there and are better at keeping possession than us.

Also they play a less direct style of play.

HTH

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 11 Dec 2007 09:37

londinium Of his 29 kicks the stats are:-

At Doyle 7 (Doyle won 6)
At Kitson 9 (Kits won 7)

This is one definite improvement on last year then!
When Kitson was injured and/or when Seol was playing centre forward we must have won about one in every ten goal kicks.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 11 Dec 2007 09:38

79Royal Good stats londinium. It's nice to see the true facts.

I'd be interested to know, however, of the balls that were won by Reading players, how many times we won the second ball? If the ball ends up with a Liverpool player and we lose possesion, is it worth Marcus hitting long 29 times out of 35 (or whatever the stat is), or is it better to roll it out to a Reading player?

It's not just us, most teams do it, but I wonder if we'd be better off mixing it up more often.

Of the 5 times it was rolled out, the ball got booted down the wing all 5 times by either Murts or Shorey and we kept posession just once.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 11 Dec 2007 09:38

Just out of interest, what does 'won' actually mean? Our player touched the ball and kept possession, or is it more like the Opta stats where if someone shoots at goal and it rolls along the floor into the keepers hands it counts as a save

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Dec 2007 09:44

How can a professional footballer kick a motionless ball straight into touch when he's got an entire fukking pitch to aim at?

Hahnemann out.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 11 Dec 2007 09:45

Can i just say:

USA USA USA USA!

In Marcus' book he said one of his best attributes was his kicking. Just a side note he also set up our goal last week verses Boro where a punt up the park was nodded on by Doyle to Kitson who finished off with that lob.

I like Marcus and he adores us the fans also. You never get that kind of loyalty nowadays. Maybe he could tell Lita or Shorey a thing or two.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 11 Dec 2007 09:48

Maguire How can a professional footballer kick a motionless ball straight into touch when he's got an entire fukking pitch to aim at?

Hahnemann out.

'greed +1

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 11 Dec 2007 10:01

Huntley & Palmer
Maguire How can a professional footballer kick a motionless ball straight into touch when he's got an entire fukking pitch to aim at?

Hahnemann out.

'greed +1

'greed +2

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 11 Dec 2007 10:03

Geekins Can i just say:

USA USA USA USA!

Only if I can say "Iceland, Iceland, Iceland" or "London but his mum comes from Ghana, London but his mum comes from Ghana, London but his mum comes from Ghana."

I've always thought that USA business is one of our more banal chants - even more so when BC is playing!

79Royal

by 79Royal » 11 Dec 2007 10:37

Gordons Cumming It's only on the continent that they tend to roll the ball out more because they play a more passing game there and are better at keeping possession than us.

Also they play a less direct style of play.

HTH

That's very true, but I'd be interested to see the stats for the season so far on this subject.

I'm not saying that it's the way forward for Reading, it'd just be interesting to see how the stats add up. I was always taught as a kid that you can't win football matches if you don't have the ball and it's hard to control a flick on if you are having to run 10-20 yards to get to the ball.

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 11 Dec 2007 10:37

West Stand Flash
Huntley & Palmer

Hahnemann out.

'greed +1

'greed +2

maybe he was told to. ya know, if he doesn't think he's gonna get it to someone, then kicking it out would give the opposition a throw in and a chance to get possesion in their half. A bit like Rugby.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 11 Dec 2007 10:41

Dirk Gently
Geekins Can i just say:

USA USA USA USA!

Only if I can say "Iceland, Iceland, Iceland" or "London but his mum comes from Ghana, London but his mum comes from Ghana, London but his mum comes from Ghana."

I've always thought that USA business is one of our more banal chants - even more so when BC is playing!

But he loves his chant as he's American :roll: Why complicate things when its simple and effective.