Doyle - 6

Subs:
Bikey - 7
De La Cruz - 6
Long - 6

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 01 Jan 2008 23:56

Alan Partridge Doyle 4 - Missed Reading's best chance, another one that needs to be replaced in the team by Long for me.

I give you the evidence..................AP has finally lost the plot. :shock: :roll:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 02 Jan 2008 01:44

Gordons Cumming
Alan Partridge Doyle 4 - Missed Reading's best chance, another one that needs to be replaced in the team by Long for me.

I give you the evidence..................AP has finally lost the plot. :shock: :roll:

Shane Long has contributed more in his 5 minute cameo's in the last 4 games I've seen than Doyle has in nearly 90 in each of them. Doyle isn't playing well. When players aren't playing well what should you do? take them out of the team for a little while and give someone else a go. Long deserves an opportunity.

I would say it's not me losing the plot but some of the untouchables at RFC certainly are at the minute.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 02 Jan 2008 02:04

10 heroes, 1 stupid boy

Subs - did enough.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Jan 2008 02:49

Geekins 10 heroes, 1 stupid boy

Subs - did enough.

deja vu :shock: :wink:

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 02 Jan 2008 09:30

New Year, New Format!

USA - 6

Seems to make at least one error per match. This time it was costly and undid the good penalty save. Kicking an improvement.

Murty - 6

"Honest endeavour" is tattooed on his heart, but it's not enough at this level week in week out. Every so often he runs out of steam, and yesterday was that day this time round. Needs a rest.

Sonko – 0

Since I asserted Sonks’ gradual improvement in my newbie-poster naivety, he’s conceded three pens in four matches. Worryingly off the pace at the moment.

Bikey - 7

Started shakily (no wonder, he can’t have expected to come on so early in the match), but was a giant in the 2nd half. Took the game to Pompey in central midfield while Harper looked on.

Ingimarsson – 6

OK, but needs to start games more brightly. Partially at fault for the chaos leading to the penalty.

Shorey – 5

Out of sorts – I had the shits this Xmas as well, and although I’m no athlete, you can’t function at 100% with completely empty guts no matter how fit you are. Shouldn’t have played.

Doyle – 6

Huffed and puffed, but another who needs a rest this Saturday.

Harper – 6

One of those “didn’t do anything wrong….what did he do again?â€
Last edited by CMRoyal on 02 Jan 2008 10:05, edited 1 time in total.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 02 Jan 2008 09:42

CMRoyal New Year, New Format!

USA - 6

Seems to make at least one error per match. This time it was costly and undid the good penalty save. Kicking an improvement.

he didn't make save...if the ball hadn't of struck the post it would of got past him, he was about a foot away from the post when the ball hit it

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 02 Jan 2008 09:44

lowerwestjnr

USA - 6

he didn't make save...if the ball hadn't of struck the post it would of got past him, he was about a foot away from the post when the ball hit it

But if he knew it was hitting the post he wouldn't have bothered stretching - which he wasn't at the time.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 02 Jan 2008 09:45

lozz2601
lowerwestjnr

USA - 6

But if he knew it was hitting the post he wouldn't have bothered stretching - which he wasn't at the time.

but he didn't... watch match of the day and you can see him try his best

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 02 Jan 2008 09:46

lowerwestjnr

USA - 6

Oops! :oops: I stand corrected, thanks lowerwestjnr. We are in Y25 and the boy insisted that it was a save. Chalk a point off for USA.

(Can I be really pedantic and point out that it's "hadn't have", not "hadn't of"?)

:wink:

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 02 Jan 2008 09:48

CMRoyal
lowerwestjnr

USA - 6

Oops! :oops: I stand corrected, thanks lowerwestjnr. We are in Y25 and the boy insisted that it was a save. Chalk a point off for USA.

(Can I be really pedantic and point out that it's "hadn't have", not "hadn't of"?)

sorry :oops:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 02 Jan 2008 09:48

CMRoyal
lowerwestjnr

USA - 6

Can I be really, really, pedantic and point out that "hadn't have" is an unnecessary construction - "hadn't" on its own works best of all.... :wink: :wink:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 02 Jan 2008 09:58

Funny how you can see the same match in so many different ways.

I thought Kitson, Doyle and Hunt were very good today - playing against 10 men against a team with a 4-5-1 formation is very, very hard. And these three ran their guts out - as someone mentioned Doyle also covered for Murty on several occasions, managed to carve out a great chance in first half with Hunt from nothing against 4 defenders, and generally tried and tried. Hunt I thought had some very good moments, nice turns, won the ball back numbers of times, etc.

I agreed with Coppell's tactic of not putting Long on earlier - I think his hope was to get within 15 minutes of the end and grab an equaliser. If we'd equalised earlier they'd have started attacking again and against 10 men they'd have scored sooner rather than later ...

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 02 Jan 2008 10:35

Personally, I thought it was a good performance in the circumstances and we cannot blame the players for the enormous effort they put in. Just a pity that it seems as though Hahneman becomes more unreliable game by game and his decision making (which has always been suspect) is now awful.

BUT.........why is everyone having a love-in with Kitson at the moment. This guy's head is seriously gonna get so big that it could explode if he is rested for the Spurs cup game on Saturday!!

Yes, he can hold the ball up well, yes he can finish well and yes he has got good vision, but he is so f-ing lazy at times, such a moody git and tires so easily that it really grates on me that Lita and Long are hardly getting a look in at the moment.

Why won't Coppell give Leroy a chance?. Once we were 2-0 down yesterday, it was a perfect opportunity to bring Lita on for Kitson at around the75 minute mark! At least he has the stamina and is prepared to track back and pick the ball up deep in the Reading half!. He must also be hungry to show Coppell what we might be missing if he lets him go in Jan, which I pray he doesn't.

Rant over.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Jan 2008 11:15

Alan Partridge
Gordons Cumming

Shane Long has contributed more in his 5 minute cameo's in the last 4 games I've seen than Doyle has in nearly 90 in each of them. Doyle isn't playing well. When players aren't playing well what should you do? take them out of the team for a little while and give someone else a go. Long deserves an opportunity.

I would say it's not me losing the plot but some of the untouchables at RFC certainly are at the minute.

The Doyle & Kitson partnership has been a key part of all our good play over the last month. I just don't see how you can say Doyle hasn't contributed recently, especially considering he's had to play the best part of two games on the right wing after we've been reduced to ten men.

I do agree that Long and Lita need to be introduced a bit earlier. Although we looked pretty good for a long spell before Pompey snatched their second I thought Coppell should've been looking to add some fresh legs long before he did.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 02 Jan 2008 11:26

[quote="Nezhen"]Personally, I thought it was a good performance in the circumstances and we cannot blame the players for the enormous effort they put in. Just a pity that it seems as though Hahneman becomes more unreliable game by game and his decision making (which has always been suspect) is now awful.

quote]

Are you suggesting that letting the ball slip through his fingers was a 'decision'?

Also, why would you blame the players for putting enourmous effort into it - surely you'd blame them for the opposite?

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 02 Jan 2008 11:34

Give 'em all zero and a kick up the butt.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Jan 2008 12:09

In post match interview Kitson said (regarding sending-off) "Them's the rules"... and that he and Doyle had a word with each other on the half-way line, and neither of then were happy. Doyle knew he was immediately getting shifted out onto the right wing and Kitson himself knew he was going to be on his own in the centre with only Distin and Campbell for company.

Does anyone else apart from Nezhen think Kitson looked lazy yesterday and that Lita is better at picking the ball up from deep positions? :shock:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 02 Jan 2008 12:19

Royal Rother Does anyone else apart from Nezhen think Kitson looked lazy yesterday and that Lita is better at picking the ball up from deep positions? :shock:

I think for some of the match Kitson's head was down pretty low - particularly towards the end of the second half when he'd spent over half an hour chasing lost causes on his own and getting regularly taken out from behind but seeing play waved on.