Inevitabilities for Saturday

162 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 19 Jan 2008 00:51

Barney Come on Reading. I'm blue and white for ever, and will back the team whatever. It's called loyalty.

And if any of you sad sacks spout on about 'lack of ambition' or 'Coppell out'....then you ain't Reading. You are a new fan that has jumped on the bandwagon and your views mean NOTHING.

Bull.

Sh*t.

As an entity, I love the football club itself. But players and managers come and go and are basically mere mercenaries to me in all honesty; they don't have the same depth of feeling about the club as you or I do and neither would I expect them to. Murty, Hahnemmann, Harper - whoever - they wouldn't think twice about signing a big contract elsewhere if it were offered to them and rightly so, therefore my loyalty towards them is not infinite either, I am afraid.

They are employed - handsomely - to do a job and as soon as they show that they are perhaps not capable of doing that job any more at the level which we expect then they should be replaced. Loyalty shouldn't come into it, should it Mr Coppell? Ambition most certainly should.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 19 Jan 2008 09:41

That Friday Feeling
Barney Did you really thought we'd moved on ? Oh, I am so sorry to hear that.

You poor lad. My heart bleeds for you.

I am so sorry for you that hard core Reading fans still exist. Never mind lad.

You must hate it. Reading old boys out there that LOVE the club with a passion. One club. Born and bred in Reading. Blue and white for ever. Years of good times and bad times.

Makes you sick BOY doesn't it. Tough. We are still out there. 30+ years of following Reading. Proud of it, and RFC through and through.

:lol:

Is this guy real?

fozziebear

by fozziebear » 19 Jan 2008 09:45

Another player sent off.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 19 Jan 2008 09:46

fozziebear Another player sent off.

For United :D

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 19 Jan 2008 10:33

Barney 90 whatever...

For those that have followed this club for 30-40+ years, and were part of the REAL Southbank...

We will..
1) Laugh at the pathetic ManU muppets that find their way into pockets of the North or East Stand.
2) Laugh at the RFC 'fans' that have only enjoyed success over the past decade or so..and cringe as the postings after the game call for Coppell's head or cry out for more ambition from the club.
You should have travelled to Hereford for a Division Four midweek game before complaining about where we are at today.
3) Enjoy watching OUR club. Win, lose or draw..the REAL fans have been going for years. We know the bad times as well as the good times.

And one final thing. Whether RFC stays up or gets relegated. I'll be there. As will thousands of others. The club might lose a few thousand fair-weather boys that prefer watching the 'glam clubs'. Is that a bad thing ? Not really.

Come on Reading. I'm blue and white for ever, and will back the team whatever. It's called loyalty.

And if any of you sad sacks spout on about 'lack of ambition' or 'Coppell out'....then you ain't Reading. You are a new fan that has jumped on the bandwagon and your views mean NOTHING.

Mid-life crises can be just so undignified.

What a load of shite. It's the "just glad to be here" mentality that needs shaking off if this club is ever to truly progress.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 19 Jan 2008 10:35

Platypuss It's the "just glad to be here" mentality that needs shaking off if this club is ever to truly progress.

Oh come on Platy. Are you seriously saying we haven't "truly progressed" thus far? It's the impatience that abounds right now that annoys me.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 19 Jan 2008 10:40

Decrepid formation and/or performance due to Coppell's laughable record in the transfer market since promotion.

Walking out of the stadium knowing Bolton and West Ham beat Utd at home whilst trying to understand another Coppell formation.

I just hope the players know what they are supposed to be doing this week

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 19 Jan 2008 10:42

shadesrwrf
Platypuss It's the "just glad to be here" mentality that needs shaking off if this club is ever to truly progress.

Oh come on Platy. Are you seriously saying we haven't "truly progressed" thus far? It's the impatience that abounds right now that annoys me.

Fair enough - poor choice of words. There was an implicit "to the next level".

One man's impatience is another man's fear of stagnation. It's not as if we haven't had a taster before - 1995/96 is still pretty fresh in my memory.

aardvark

by aardvark » 19 Jan 2008 10:47

95. Someone sat close to you in the crowd, or maybe even a MOTD commentator, will make reference to the almost legendary quality, depth, and monetary value of the Man Utd substitutes bench. Expect to hear phrases like "individually worth more than the whole RFC squad", "it must be nice to be able to bring on Giggs, who have we got - Bikey?"

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Jan 2008 10:48

reading fans are the gheyest in the country

sometimes im ashamed of you lot.

ill post later after our 2-1 demolition of UTD
with marek coming off the bench and scoring the winner after brynn scored the 1st
and laugh at all you hand wringers.

probably

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 19 Jan 2008 10:55

96.RL will be outside having her second 'half-time' fag/drink combination whilst the first half is still in progress.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 19 Jan 2008 11:09

Platypuss
shadesrwrf

One man's impatience is another man's fear of stagnation. It's not as if we haven't had a taster before - 1995/96 is still pretty fresh in my memory.

And it's still very fresh in mine. It was patience back then that got us where we are now. Would you rather we'd been promoted back then without the necessary infrastructure? I know I wouldn't.

philM

by philM » 19 Jan 2008 11:32

Barney Laugh at the RFC 'fans' that have only enjoyed success over the past decade or so..

hahaha! Are you for real?

30-40+? My Grandfather laughs in your face!

My Great-Grandfather is ROFLling in his grave no doubt at all of us.
:lol:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 19 Jan 2008 11:37

shadesrwrf
Platypuss
shadesrwrf

And it's still very fresh in mine. It was patience back then that got us where we are now. Would you rather we'd been promoted back then without the necessary infrastructure? I know I wouldn't.

I wasn't talking about the failure to be promoted at all, but rather the stagnation and reluctance to invest and build upon that excellent previous season.

Instead we had the onset of a decline which ultimately led to relegation.

Or are you going to try and argue that Bullivant and Burns were necessary evils?

by 1960 » 19 Jan 2008 12:32

aardvark 95. Someone sat close to you in the crowd, or maybe even a MOTD commentator, will make reference to the almost legendary quality, depth, and monetary value of the Man Utd substitutes bench. Expect to hear phrases like "individually worth more than the whole RFC squad", "it must be nice to be able to bring on Giggs, who have we got - Bikey?"

Not unless he got the Accra-London redeye last night. Won't be very fit after all that travelling.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Inevitabilities for Saturday

by Dirk Gently » 20 Jan 2008 21:33

Has anyone totted up which ones did actually happen?

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 20 Jan 2008 21:40

Dirk Gently Has anyone totted up which ones did actually happen?

All six if mine in the original post did

8)

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Jan 2008 21:42

Four out of my six happened.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 20 Jan 2008 21:51

Half of one out of three of mine.

The kids did watch the match, well the first half anyway. They didn't kick my legs every 3 minutes whilst swinging theirs (not once amazingly). And the blokes in front didn't walk out 5 minutes before the end - because there was a different set of blokes!!!

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 21 Jan 2008 14:44

mine happened,

ball past back to shorey each kick off

162 posts