Sir Alex's 2nd goal celebration merged

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Sir Alex's 2nd goal celebration merged

by Vision » 23 Jan 2008 10:28

igoe agogo http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/ferguson-apologises-to-pre%11menstrual-reading-fans-20080122671/

Seems apt, you moaning minis.

That piece might have been reasonably funny if anyone from Reading had actually complained about the gesture.

Actually on reflection, no it wouldn't.

igoe agogo

by igoe agogo » 23 Jan 2008 18:04

SpaceCruiser
igoe agogo http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/ferguson-apologises-to-pre%11menstrual-reading-fans-20080122671/

Seems apt, you moaning minis.

Whoever wrote that is a tosser.

it's called satire you gimp.

i thought it was funny anyway

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Sir Alex's 2nd goal celebration...

by Tails » 23 Jan 2008 18:56

wolsey
Tails
Derbyshire Royal Jees, yet another lame thread.

How dare a manager actually celebrate his team scoring!

Would be nice to see SSC do the same!

Your first point a agree with, the others I ouldnt disagree more with....

My respect and admiration for coppell would plummett if he were to celebrate in similar fashion, especially for such a mediocre and mundane achievement.

So, a last minute winner against a team which has caused you problems ever since they joined the division AND which meant that you stayed top, wasn't worth celebrating in a fairly uncontrolled manner?

Have you ever played competitive sport?

Or "lost it" when your team has won (or lost) in similar circumstances?

Erm yes I have, I played for Farnborough before their trip into the abyss. But at no point did I decide to act quite so uncooth and had I done, I would not have challenged any punishment that came my way. If you had run around like a twonk like some people do then fair enough, he can do what he likes in that respect but thats the point he did not have respect....there is a line between uncontrollable joy of winning and then moving into the realms of being a twat. As for your hypothetical question.....what is it in relation too....because I can really see Man U seeing us as a team quite on that level and it was hardly last kick of the match stuff was it?

Again...Man United beating Reading in the league 2-0 = mundane and mediocre achievement relatively speaking.....no need for that 'celebration' love to see kids doing that everywhere, eh? different to celebrating a team effort with your team......

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 23 Jan 2008 18:57

When will others learn - you can be competitive and NOT be a twat

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 26 Jan 2008 08:22

The Surgeon of Crowthorne
royal madrid I rather liked the fact that he described it as a 'celebration' of their hardest won game of the season.
And, who complained? Football fans can be an over sensitive lot at times.

I think that the reason he got off the hook was that none of us did complain.

Unfortunately this perpetuates the myth that 'some Reading fans' did complain but it's quite amusing nonetheless

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 254064.ece

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 26 Jan 2008 09:04

That Friday Feeling
The Surgeon of Crowthorne
royal madrid I rather liked the fact that he described it as a 'celebration' of their hardest won game of the season.
And, who complained? Football fans can be an over sensitive lot at times.

I think that the reason he got off the hook was that none of us did complain.

Unfortunately this perpetuates the myth that 'some Reading fans' did complain but it's quite amusing nonetheless

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 254064.ece

That article is shit. I stopped reading after 3 paragraphs, is it a funny way of being for us or just being stupid and twisting the event so as to have a pop at us (a la the twat who hated us after the Hunt/Czech incident - I'm so glad I've forgotten his name and can't find it anywhere as it shows what a worthless weasel he was)?

The gesture wasn't aimed at Reading fans, it was aimed at the bench. That is clear. Getting bored of lazy journalism now.

fool

by fool » 26 Jan 2008 11:00

"taste of your own medicine "

Can't believe people are actually moaning about this.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 26 Jan 2008 11:06

Rawlie19 That article is shit. I stopped reading after 3 paragraphs, is it a funny way of being for us or just being stupid and twisting the event so as to have a pop at us (a la the twat who hated us after the Hunt/Czech incident - I'm so glad I've forgotten his name and can't find it anywhere as it shows what a worthless weasel he was)?

The gesture wasn't aimed at Reading fans, it was aimed at the bench. That is clear. Getting bored of lazy journalism now.

I think you've failed to appreciate the tone of the article. He's taking the piss out of Fergie's excuse as much as anything else.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 26 Jan 2008 11:53

The Reverend
Rawlie19 That article is shit. I stopped reading after 3 paragraphs, is it a funny way of being for us or just being stupid and twisting the event so as to have a pop at us (a la the twat who hated us after the Hunt/Czech incident - I'm so glad I've forgotten his name and can't find it anywhere as it shows what a worthless weasel he was)?

I think you've failed to appreciate the tone of the article. He's taking the piss out of Fergie's excuse as much as anything else.

Yes, I wasn't sure, and you can't be so sure these days. A lot of the reporters (the Chelsea love child in particular) seem to have a beef with one club or another and base their reports on that.