Re: Sir Alex's 2nd goal celebration...

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Jan 2008 11:34

SpaceCruiser
brendywendy
SpaceCruiser FINE HIM!!!!!!!!

hang him
and award the 3 points to reading

its the only fair way to deal with this

Absolutely. Better yet, fine Arsenal too.

I laughed when I read that, but I'm not sure it was with you or at you.

I think I'll go for the latter.

tom_t69

by tom_t69 » 21 Jan 2008 11:38

Whats the difference between this incident and the one mourinho did a few years ago in carling cup final that got him a touchline ban? Fergie and united get away with whatever they like so he is never likely to be punished.

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 21 Jan 2008 11:45

It's obvious that he should be punished in some manner. No need to make a big deal out of it, but he did behave poorly.

NWL Royal

by NWL Royal » 21 Jan 2008 11:45

Send the pisshead into retirement..

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 21 Jan 2008 12:13

This is all taking away from Ronaldo's attempt for the World's gayest goal celebration.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 21 Jan 2008 12:22

6ft Kerplunk This is all taking away from Ronaldo's attempt for the World's gayest goal celebration.

???

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 21 Jan 2008 13:03

Huntley & Palmer I presume everyone expects Downes to be punished for his antics as well? Reading fans in double standards shocker :roll:

What antics? When the board came up with four minutes on it (and it should have been nearer six minutes IMO for the amount of flagrant time-wasting from United and Van Der Sar in particular) Ferguson did his usual staring in disbelief at his watch and confronted the fourth official in the usual maner. Wally responded with his opinion - using choice language, I neither know nor care, but suspect - and Ferguson took exception to it. Hence the gesture when they scored. It's not the biggest problem in world football, but a knight of the realm should know better and the FA should at least "remind him of his responsibilities".
Good to see he was so wound up though, shows we did get right under their skin.

Derbyshire Royal

by Derbyshire Royal » 21 Jan 2008 13:31

Royal We
Derbyshire Royal
Would be nice to see SSC do the same!

Would be nice for Steve to have the opportunity to do the same.

Thats what I meant! :lol: :(

M0J0

by M0J0 » 21 Jan 2008 13:47

Sickboy Always makes me laugh when a minority of fans spend most of the match hurling abuse at members of the opposing team, and then throw their toys out of the pram when someone makes a completely inoffensive gesture at them. Grow up and don't be a bunch of snitches!

not bothered about his gesture,,I imagine he got plenty of stick from the Reading fans behind him,,,but i must register my disagreement with your (and those who posted agreement) statement..
"a completely inoffensive gesture"

If i made the same gesture at anybody i would expect a response.....the gestures (two of them ) mean one thing and one thing only.

and as a point of interest even Mr Ferguson refers to it as "an offensive gesture".

here endeth my very minor and inoffensive rant..!

leyton royal

by leyton royal » 21 Jan 2008 13:56

Man Friday
6ft Kerplunk This is all taking away from Ronaldo's attempt for the World's gayest goal celebration.

???

He is gay (allegedly)

Shortbread

by Shortbread » 21 Jan 2008 20:45

Anyone watch the TV comedy, 'Still Game', about a bunch of wrinklies running riot on their Glaswegian council scheme (or estate)? Winston, my favourite character, uses the same gesture a lot (actually, he reminds me a lot of Fergie: red in the face; in dire need of anger management; and also not only an ex-shipbuilder on the Clyde but also probably a union rep as well). He usually accompanies it with a 'get it up yis!' or 'get it right up yis!', or, in extreme cases, 'get it right round yis!'.

It's impossible for me after 'Still Game' to see the gesture as offensive and, who knows, Fergie may have had this in his mind at the time. For me, the really offensive gesture is the finger, or else the 'V'-sign - especially when accompanied by eyes popping out of the head. I thought it was quite funny and, as Sir Steve said, also a tribute to our performance on the day.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 21 Jan 2008 23:45

Personally, I absolutely LOVED seeing ferguson's reaction. It adds drama, passion and fire to the game. I don't want to see a manager sat there emotionless like Roy Keane, or sat there politely clapping. I want to see a manager jumping up and down, getting excited, full of passion and desire.

The gestures he was making did appear to be directed towards the Reading bench. If they were, then that is a matter between both parties to discuss and I hate all this FA shiite about punishment or whatever. It is not a matter for them to be involved with as far as I am concerned.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 22 Jan 2008 00:15

If a manager in any sport on this side of the pond did that it would be a fine and/or suspension. I thought it was immature to be honest. I don't see how relief and an f you gesture are connected. :?:

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 22 Jan 2008 09:27

Anyone else read the article in Daily Mail today?

It headlines - "What is it about Wally"

Basically it says that all the managers that come to Reading get wound up so much because of Wally Downer.
Apparently Warnock, Keane & now Ferguson have had big bust ups with him, because of the 'banter'.

Also Emre had a spat with him too.

hahaha

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 22 Jan 2008 10:17

Ideal If they don't investigate and punish ferguson then it sets a double standard.
Some rules only apply to Wally Downes and the like, and those rules certainly don't seem to apply to the glorious Sir Alex.
If one of ours had gone over to their fans at old trafford and done this, what would have happened? There would have been cries of murder and massive investigations and Wally Downes would've been banned for 10 matches.
This is a fcuking outrage.

here here

the outarge is not so much what fergie did, in fact his reaction was a compliment to our performance if you ask me, the outrage here peasants is that if an opposing manager did a similar thing at old trafford it would be treated differently by the FA and the media, that is the real outrage here and it disgusts me
Last edited by Gus the teenage cow on 22 Jan 2008 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

fa take no action against fergie

by juanpablo » 22 Jan 2008 13:59

on ssn now
lol they are scared to death of him

personally i love stuff like this in the game... but i think the fa may have had a few other managers losing a few hundred quid...

M U R K Y

Re: fa take no action against fergie

by M U R K Y » 22 Jan 2008 14:02

Take no action for what?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Jan 2008 14:13

M U R K Y Take no action for what?

Would have been better if this thread had been posted on that existing thread about Ferguson's celebration for the 2nd goal.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 22 Jan 2008 14:14

Keep up!!

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 22 Jan 2008 14:17

SpaceCruiser

Would have been better if this thread had been posted on that existing thread about Ferguson's celebration for the 2nd goal.

thought about it , but imo only worth it if the thread title is changed.... SOME people dont spend all of the day on here trawling through posts