Views from across the country ...

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Views from across the country ...

by FiNeRaIn » 13 May 2008 18:19

Ian Royal I could equal that number of detractors with positive neutrals I've met and know on my own.

People that could simply be behaving nicely to your face, rather than giving you the honest truth?

Being called a moron from you holds no water, id place my views similar to most lifelong football fans.
Reading fans are pushover's when it comes to authorities and they are arrogant cretins to away fans. I've lost count of how many times reading fans sing songs at the opposition rather than support their own side, it doesn't work when you are shit, yet the east stand are still intent on winding them up. Banter is banter, acting like class-less idiots is another.
Its no surprise people are delighted we have been relegated.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 13 May 2008 18:20

FiNeRaIn Its no surprise people are delighted we have been relegated.

If only more people liked us.

That would make relegation easier to bear.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 May 2008 18:21

FiNeRaIn
Ian Royal I could equal that number of detractors with positive neutrals I've met and know on my own.

People that could simply be behaving nicely to your face, rather than giving you the honest truth?

Being called a moron from you holds no water, id place my views similar to most lifelong football fans.
Reading fans are pushover's when it comes to authorities and they are arrogant cretins to away fans. I've lost count of how many times reading fans sing songs at the opposition rather than support their own side, it doesn't work when you are shit, yet the east stand are still intent on winding them up. Banter is banter, acting like class-less idiots is another.

You really are so very tiresome. If you want to let it upset you go ahead, but you may as well oxf*rd off elsewhere and support someone else if you don't like it because it's not changing and it's not important.

jonboy29red

by jonboy29red » 13 May 2008 18:41

on the bbc 606 site with regards to coppell going evey one on there were sad to see us go down apart from one sad pathtec chelski fan who just cant let go on hunty

allwite123

by allwite123 » 13 May 2008 18:44

earleyroyal

There really are some sad arse holes around. I cant wait to wipe the smug smile of these bastards next year when we get promoted again. Then after some investment in the team become a regular mid table PL team.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 May 2008 18:50

The complete and utter pratts quoted having fun at our expense are by no means representative of the hundreds of thousands of real supporters out their who know only too well how it must feel and have been quick to express their sympathies in person and in cyberspace to Reading supporters.

My thanks and appreciation to them.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 13 May 2008 18:57

Royal Lady :roll: says the bloke who used to call himself Reading's Number 1 fan, go to all the pre-season tours and kept Convey's shorts under his pillow.

Finch caught Bobby's shorts from this clip?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BaSiY8byQic

This was one of the Youtube clips that pushed me over the top when I was researching clubs and trying to decide who to support back before the 2006 season. :lol:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 13 May 2008 19:02

RoyalBlue The complete and utter pratts quoted having fun at our expense are by no means representative of the hundreds of thousands of real supporters out their who know only too well how it must feel and have been quick to express their sympathies in person and in cyberspace to Reading supporters.

My thanks and appreciation to them.

Quite right Royal Blue and Ian Royal despite what FineRain would have it we are a well liked club. I would suspect plenty of neutrals would have been pleased to see us survive and as I posted on here a few days ago the press were referring to us as many supporters second team last season.

FINERAIN You are very wide of the mark as people on here are making clear based upon their own personal contacts. Just accept you are wrong.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 13 May 2008 19:11

PEARCEY FINERAIN You are very wide of the mark as people on here are making clear based upon their own personal contacts. Just accept you are wrong.

I know plenty of people who are happy we are relegated.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 13 May 2008 19:13

FiNeRaIn Me and alad amongst a few others moaned about our plastic fans for the last few seasons, you all ridiculed us.

Every one of those comments is about how much they hate reading because of it. Its no surprise at all that everyone wanted to see us FAIL.
Reading fans are just a bunch of happy clapping, prawn sandwich eating, day tripping bunch of girls who wouldn't dare create an atmosphere as they feel its embarrassing for a grown man to sing.

When reading fans learn to ignore stewards, stand up at away games, create some atmosphere and stop wearing face paint then they will be respected as football fans and our club will be hated less. Football is a working class game and our fans are too posh, arrogant and snobby for the majority of fans to like. I'll always remember graeme murty's pen at qpr, 25% of the ground going mental for 30 seconds and 75% clapping and waving balloons seconds after the goal. There is no passion.

Did you not go to Derby? i felt quite a lot of passion was shown there.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 13 May 2008 19:16

FiNeRain, Footballs working class hero!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 13 May 2008 19:17

FiNeRaIn
PEARCEY FINERAIN You are very wide of the mark as people on here are making clear based upon their own personal contacts. Just accept you are wrong.

You have asserted that we are a hated club based on the opinions expressed by some they are pleased we have gone down. As a number of us are pointing out to you there are many neutrals who would have liked us to stay up. Does that mean we are an adored club?
No as with most arguments there are two sides. However to assert we are a hated club when there are plenty of fans who like Reading FC is by no means wholly accurate.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 13 May 2008 19:24

FiNeRaIn

Every set of supporters in the country gives the away fans stick. There's nothing special either way about Reading fans. I remember years ago, on rivals.net, when Walsall beat us, the board lit up like a christmas tree and it would be easy to have thought "why does everyone hate us?"

The following year, after promotion, there were loads of fans on there wishing us well.

The fact is, when things are bad then all the bitter little gimps with an axe to grind will come out of the woodwork to take the piss. It'll almost always be fans of clubs we've pissed off in some way, usually on the pitch, and has very little to to with how our fans are perceived.

I'm there was a survey done a while ago, possibly in WSC, asking for fans' opinions of clubs, essentially whether you feel positive, negative, or nothing towards the club, and IIRC, we came out as one of the more popular clubs in the country in that respect.

We aren't hated, except perhaps by sections of our own fans who've developed an advanced state of self-loathing of everything we do, becaused they've developed an image in their head of what fans are apparently like everywhere else that's completely divorced from reality.

Every time one of those "our fans are crap" threads surfaces there'll be people moaning about rumblestix as an example of what our fans our like, despite the fact they were binned after that one match and never seen again - unlike many other clubs. Just imagine if we'd adopted those folded card things that you hit to make a noise - such as were given out at Arsenal and are regularly seen elsewhere.

the problem with our fans is that we need a kick up the arse to get stirred into voice, but beyond that we're fine.

If people you know have expressed delight in Reading getting relegated, then I'd suggest that maybe the problem is you, not the club, in that you've pissed them off, and they are taking delight in your misery.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 13 May 2008 19:29

earleyroyal

Mate. Don't get wound up by these people, I did when Reading played Chelsea last year, until I realised that they're all pathetic keyboard warriors who wouldn't know what real football was if it hit them in the face. The best response is to :lol: at how grown men/women (at least physically if not mentally) can be so stupid, and to be proud that you support a club that does things the right way.

We are not a hated club, the vast majority of neutrals who know anything about football enjoyed our football last season, and have great respect for Coppell and our players, although Hunt does have a bad press which is sad but inevitable with our media. A few bitter retards on one internet forum doesn't change this.

I'd be prepared to bet cold hard cash the maker is from the home counties.

LOL @ that article written by a Chelsea fan on their fan site a while back about their visit here and how the writer 'had been to Reading a couple of times before' and slating the place - then his FB page exposed him as being from Newbury :roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 May 2008 19:31

FiNeRaIn

Maybe it's personal to you?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 May 2008 19:38

I couldn't give a gnat's cock what anyone else thinks about us to be quite honest and I am kicking myself for opening this thread and wasting my leccy bill on reading such nonsense - from both sides, frankly. Personally I have an irrational hatred of Norwich City but I don't have enough hours in my day to waste discussing my dislike of them on an internet message board, so the biggest joke is on these losers on englandfans forum, whatever the hell that is. Sounds a sh*te as their opinions to be honest, but fill your boots chaps.

Cookie

by Cookie » 13 May 2008 19:49

Northern Git If you think thats bad have a look at the Bladesunited site. They are have a reel Reading hatefest on there.

http://www.bladesunited.org

West Ham's KUMB is not much better.

To be hated is better than being ignored :D

What?? Some of that stuff is ridiculous. We're not even real rivals.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 13 May 2008 20:25

Tell you what FiNeRaIn, if it bothers you so much, go and support another team. I really couldn't care less if fans of other clubs dislike us. In fact, I"m glad we wind other fans up. As a football club it's a sign you've been doing well. I'd much rather be disliked than not noticed.

As for your comment re: passion. Fine, we not Leeds or West Ham or Cardiff. We don't have the same level of hardcore support, or 'lads'. But if you think that there is no passion amongst the fans of this football club than a) you know nothing about RFC and b) you clearly were not at Derby.

Birmingham fans are probably more 'passionate' than Reading fans by your definition. But who am I more proud of? A bunch of pikeys who invade the pitch, rip down the goals and harrass a board who have spent MILLIONS more than us. Or fans who clap their team off at the end of the game, and organise a spontaneous demonstration of their support for the manager?

I'll stick with Reading, feel free to head up to St Andrews yourself.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 13 May 2008 20:33

Seal Tell you what FiNeRaIn, if it bothers you so much, go and support another team. I really couldn't care less if fans of other clubs dislike us. In fact, I"m glad we wind other fans up. As a football club it's a sign you've been doing well. I'd much rather be disliked than not noticed.

As for your comment re: passion. Fine, we not Leeds or West Ham or Cardiff. We don't have the same level of hardcore support, or 'lads'. But if you think that there is no passion amongst the fans of this football club than a) you know nothing about RFC and b) you clearly were not at Derby.

Birmingham fans are probably more 'passionate' than Reading fans by your definition. But who am I more proud of? A bunch of pikeys who invade the pitch, rip down the goals and harrass a board who have spent MILLIONS more than us. Or fans who clap their team off at the end of the game, and organise a spontaneous demonstration of their support for the manager?

I'll stick with Reading, feel free to head up to St Andrews yourself.

Well said that man. Whenever I see Reading play I am struck by the decency of the fans I sit by or talk to on the way back to my car. My 80 year old dad came with me to see Reading play for the first time in his life against Blackburn a few weeks ago and commented how friendly people were. Frankly I would not want to take him to some grounds. Lets not knock Reading supporters. We are who we are and lets just accept that.

Royal for Sale

by Royal for Sale » 14 May 2008 00:37

As a NW based fan, I have rarely (if ever) encountered negativity towards RFC. This is probably because for all but two of our 137 years we've been below the radar, but also there's no genuine rivalry due to distance - this should therefore apply to all clubs bar three or four. Most feedback I've had on our relegation has been sympathetic on the basis that we're a good, honest club with no superstars, no delusions of grandeur, and have tried to play the game the right way. I would think that most people, other than those with chips on shoulders (because we've upset them in a previous season, or they can't handle the fact that we went into the premier league and lasted more than one season) would have little cause to get so passionate about how glad they are that we're down. Conclusion - people seem mostly indifferent but rarely hostile towards us.