Back from the game

RTFC Drummer

Back from the game

by RTFC Drummer » 12 Jul 2008 18:42

If you went to the Didcot game then please put your views on here. Tell us what you thought of the ground on a whole, atmosphere, food & drinks and not forgetting how good was the game and the players.

SirGarth

Re: Back from the game

by SirGarth » 12 Jul 2008 19:00

The future is bright, the future is orange

Harry Carry

by Harry Carry » 12 Jul 2008 19:05

Didcot must be awful if Simon Holloway scored and lost 9-0.

towserSL2crew

by towserSL2crew » 12 Jul 2008 19:35

Burgers were ok , atmosphere not appart from 5 Didcot lads who tried well.
As for the game , first half Lita & Doyle played well together ,very aware of where the other was in laying the ball off. Karacan & Pearce both did well as did Robson Kanu on the left ( more effective than Kebe was 2nd half ).The opposition was not good but what more can you do than beat them 9 v 0 ? Spirit seemed good , keep it going boys !

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 12 Jul 2008 19:38

towserSL2crew Burgers were ok , atmosphere not appart from 5 Didcot lads who tried well.
As for the game , first half Lita & Doyle played well together ,very aware of where the other was in laying the ball off. Karacan & Pearce both did well as did Robson Kanu on the left ( more effective than Kebe was 2nd half ).The opposition was not good but what more can you do than beat them 9 v 0 ? Spirit seemed good , keep it going boys !
Pearce didn't play did he?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 Jul 2008 20:12

I thought Karacan looked extremely comfortable on the ball first half.

Quite impressed by Sigurdson too

Both Lita and Doyle looked like they could actually play for Didcot! :wink:

g

by g » 12 Jul 2008 20:15

So if these youths become good enough to get us back in the premier league, why weren't they used 6 months ago...

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 12 Jul 2008 20:16

Because Coppell didn't have enough bottle to play them?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Jul 2008 20:22

g So if these youths become good enough to get us back in the premier league, why weren't they used 6 months ago...

Because 6 months ago they wouldn't have been ready to play in the PL.

Did that really need answering?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 12 Jul 2008 20:41

and because this was pre season game against Didcot Town and hardly of the same ilk as Premiership opposition.

The youngsters we have MIGHT break through this season but noe of them were good enough for the Premiership. Henry wasn't required at Norwich, Pearce barely played either, he was sub for a decent amount of games, Robson- Kanu did reasonably well as did Karacan at League 1 level. Totally different standard.

towserSL2crew

by towserSL2crew » 12 Jul 2008 20:57

readingfc13
towserSL2crew Burgers were ok , atmosphere not appart from 5 Didcot lads who tried well.

Well I saw him play all first half in the middle of the park if nobody else did.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 12 Jul 2008 21:31

Maybe Reading FC should play Reading Town next pres-season..........then you can listen to me chanting & drumming all the time :D

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 Jul 2008 21:34

RTFC Drummer Maybe Reading FC should play Reading Town next pres-season..........then you can listen to me chanting & drumming all the time :D

Alternatively, we could break your drum into a hundred pieces and slit our wrists.

g

by g » 12 Jul 2008 21:37

RTFC Drummer Maybe Reading FC should play Reading Town next pres-season..........then you can listen to me chanting & drumming all the time :D

haha that would be kewl like a reading rivalary :D

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 12 Jul 2008 21:57

Or I can eat my pubes.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 12 Jul 2008 22:57

Excellent game all round. We cannot lose Kitson! Scored a good goal and his vision etc was awesome at times.

Glad to see Convey back and get a goal. Well done to the academy / reserve players, thought they all played well!

Fed was again a quality keeper except his dodgy kung fu kick / save :shock: (What was he doing)

mahoj002

by mahoj002 » 13 Jul 2008 04:20

AbovetheI

Or I can eat my pubes.

i shaved mine :lol:

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 13 Jul 2008 08:41

Geekins Excellent game all round. We cannot lose Kitson! Scored a good goal and his vision etc was awesome at times.

Glad to see Convey back and get a goal. Well done to the academy / reserve players, thought they all played well!

Fed was again a quality keeper except his dodgy kung fu kick / save :shock: (What was he doing)

get real, we were playing bloody Didcot town not Arsenal :roll:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Jul 2008 08:49

readingfc13

Yes he did, he played CM.

Pearce was in the first team at Norwich AP. The only reason Henry wasn't needed was a) they had too many players on loan and b) they already had "Arsenal's new hope" Kieran Gibbs for the right wing.

Holloway>>>Kebe

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 13 Jul 2008 10:16

This regular fixture is really good fun with the more informal environment (able to stroll around the pitch, get close, have a drink, etc). Some of the players made it a great afternoon by talking to the fans and signing autographs - special mentions to Marcus, Kits, Hunty and Longy. A few others joined in to be fair, though.

Harps looked as if he's on his way - didn't come across to the fans.

OK it's only Didcot but nine goals is nine goals (I only counted eight!) and the players looked sharp/fit. Doyle looked keen. Jury still out on Kebe. Leroy looked bored (but he often has that look).

Didn't see Coppell but I assume he was there from his post match comments.

All in all, a good afternoon.

Left winger looked good - there's only one Simon Hollway!!! (Looked like a shot to me but I suppose to spare Didcot's blushes they have to say it was a rebound.)