Tonights Game V FG

woodley_royal_124

Re: Tonights Game V FG

by woodley_royal_124 » 15 Jul 2008 21:10

It seems that any player who plays right midfield becomes the boo boy. it was Oster last season, no doubt it will be kebe this season. :roll:

mattyougg

by mattyougg » 15 Jul 2008 21:12

Here is a little picture i made for the people who want to boo kebe.

Streets

by Streets » 15 Jul 2008 21:14

woodley_royal_124 It seems that any player who plays right midfield becomes the boo boy. it was Oster last season, no doubt it will be kebe this season. :roll:

Stupid comment. Little never got stick. I think the fact we have played a few people out of position there hasn't help, but that side of the pitch isn't notoriously picked on.

:lol: at that picture.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 15 Jul 2008 21:14

Quite, all summer I have been disgusted by the amount of abuse given to Kebe from people who had hardly seen him play.

He deserves a chance, and hopefully Coppell will give him 1.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Jul 2008 21:18

Southbank Old Boy
winchester_royal
Arch Gylfi's been off everyone's radar, but obviously getting some consideration this pre-season. What's up with Illugason? Is he out of favour?

Don't know alot about Sigurdsson, but I do know that he is another youngster with a bright future, but is he a creative player or more of a tackler?

Yes Sigurdsson is more of a creative, flair type of player than a busy, more physical and more defenisively minded midfielder like Karacan.

I've only seen him two or three times but he's looked the pick of the crop from his age group and by far the most comfortable footballer in the team when he's played.

I was totally unimpressed with Illugason though. A bit of huff and puff with little end product or awareness of what was going on around him when I saw him play. To be fair I think I've only seen him the once, but he and the Romanian kid we bought in didn't look up to much to me.

Karacan, physical? Come off it. He scraps like Harper, but that's it. He's 5"7ish
Also, isn't Valislev Bulgarian?
Sorry if this is four pages after SOB's post

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 15 Jul 2008 21:20

for those on tenterhooks about the score, and sod the details, then...

http://www.soccerstand.com/

good to see Swindon lost

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Jul 2008 21:22

I have also been unimpressed with the ridiculous amount of abuse that Kebe has got.

I mean he is a bit ungainly but he got into a lot of good positions in the games I saw him in.

It is also a bit stupid to have a thread about Gilksey being a god (which he was to be fair) when some of the things he
did bear a resemblance to some of Kebe's flaws.

I'll definitely give him the chance this year to see what he can do.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 15 Jul 2008 21:25

To put tonights score in perspective Forest Green drew 1-1 with Bristol City on saturday.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jul 2008 21:27

Rawlie19
Ian Royal trying Robson-Kanu on the right after half time presumably? Or maybe Church.

If Kebe plays the whole game I might cry.

It would seem (and not just from your poor post) that Jimmy has become the boo boy for this season with Oysters departure. It sickens me to be honest. I haven't seen nearly enough of Jimmy in terms of playing time to form an opinion either way yet. I agreed with the CHOICE for the last two (Sulky and Oyster) but not with their treatment. It's time for you (and all the twats like you) to shut up or get out.

You might want to check my track record a bit. I wasn't an Oster hater. I wasn't keen on Seol in his last appearance at Everton but certainly didn't single him out either.

Kebe will get all the support I can give at the start of the season. I don't blame him or think it's a lack of effort. i just don't think he's very good. I saw one of his cameos on TV and I think another 2 live... I've already blotted out much of last season. Ih he does well then I'll doff my cap and be pleased.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 15 Jul 2008 21:33

Ian Royal
Rawlie19
Ian Royal trying Robson-Kanu on the right after half time presumably? Or maybe Church.

If Kebe plays the whole game I might cry.

It would seem (and not just from your poor post) that Jimmy has become the boo boy for this season with Oysters departure. It sickens me to be honest. I haven't seen nearly enough of Jimmy in terms of playing time to form an opinion either way yet. I agreed with the CHOICE for the last two (Sulky and Oyster) but not with their treatment. It's time for you (and all the twats like you) to shut up or get out.

You might want to check my track record a bit. I wasn't an Oster hater. I wasn't keen on Seol in his last appearance at Everton but certainly didn't single him out either.

Kebe will get all the support I can give at the start of the season. I don't blame him or think it's a lack of effort. i just don't think he's very good. I saw one of his cameos on TV and I think another 2 live... I've already blotted out much of last season. Ih he does well then I'll doff my cap and be pleased.

I didn't accuse you of anything regarding Sulky and Oyster. I was just commenting on your last post. You were slatting Jimmy straight away so what sort of support is that? Players like him who have had very little game time need to get these games under their belts and build confidence. Sure, with the season we just had most of our players need confidence, but we know what they can do at Championship level, Coppell knows what they can do at Championship level, and THEY know what they can do at Championship level. Jimmy is new to this and needs time. I hope he is more Kanouté than Savage.
Last edited by Rawlie19 on 15 Jul 2008 21:36, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jul 2008 21:36

Oh and it will take slightly more than hearing he's scored a goal against FGR in a preseason friendly to demonstrate the guy has class.

Saying that, if he can actually start controlling the ball and taking it with him when he runs he could be exactly what we need. Although he'd need to get more strength on the ball as well.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Jul 2008 21:38

Cox scored for Swindon in the Czech Republic...

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 15 Jul 2008 21:39

It's finished 0-2, which is a little disappointing if I'm honest. Would have hoped to add another couple in the 2nd half really, but hey, it's another game towards match fitness for our boys.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 15 Jul 2008 21:40

Archie's penalty Cox scored for Swindon in the Czech Republic...

That would be interesting if he was still a Reading player.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jul 2008 21:40

I inferred from your post that you thought I was a boo boy and the sort of "twat" who scapegoated Seol and Oster.

I'm not. I think the only player I've made more than the odd comment about actually at a game is Brooker. And he really was a useless streak of piss. (in the last 5 or more years anyway)

Anyone know if the subs were used, when and for who?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 15 Jul 2008 21:42

Reading: Hahnemann; Rosenior, Shorey, Bennett, Ingimarsson (c); Karacan, Sigurdsson, Kebe (Spence 81), Convey; Church (Robson-Kanu 59 (Bignall 80), Lita
Subs: Andersen, Spence, Bignall

Reading denied what looked to be 2 clear penalties in the second half. First Kebe was scythed down but amazingly was adjudged to have been outside the box, and then Lita denied when he was brought down by the keeper.

Robson-Kanu unfortunately injured after only 20 minutes after coming on for Church.
Last edited by Rawlie19 on 15 Jul 2008 21:46, edited 2 times in total.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Jul 2008 21:42

Rawlie19
Archie's penalty Cox scored for Swindon in the Czech Republic...

That would be interesting if he was still a Reading player.

I only put that up there as I was excited that I found out how to work out who scored on that betting website thing.

I won't bother in future...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jul 2008 21:45

Rawlie19 Reading: Hahnemann; Rosenior, Shorey, Bennett, Ingimarsson (c); Karacan, Sigurdsson, Kebe (Spence 81), Convey; Church (Robson-Kanu 59 (Bignall 80), Lita
Subs: Andersen, Spence, Bignall

woo hoo I don't have to cry :wink: :lol:

Hang on a mo... so did Robson-Kanu go upfront and then have to come off injured?
Does anyone know anything about Spence? I've never heard of him.. I think.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 15 Jul 2008 21:46

Match report doesn't make it sound like a fantastic performance, but bearing in mind there were a few youngsters in there it wasn't a bad result.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1344746,00.html

mattmartin89

by mattmartin89 » 15 Jul 2008 21:48

Does anyone know anything about Spence? I've never heard of him.. I think.

He was at the academy with me, don't know much about him as a player now, haven't really seen or spoken to him in a good few years..but back then he was a strong physical player, no nonsense..
Last edited by mattmartin89 on 15 Jul 2008 21:50, edited 1 time in total.