Re: Murty's Testimonial

by wickedwhispers » 21 Jul 2009 13:42

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 21 Jul 2009 13:45

Sarah Star Can anyone tell me what the presentations were last night that we couldn't hear?

I think they went "Hhrrff dfhfldl fkflglglgl ssssdfffffffff GGFFSSIUSID" followed by applause from West Stand, bemusement from East Stand.

HTH

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Jul 2009 13:47

Good of James May to show up and lend his support to the cause.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 21 Jul 2009 13:48

Sarah Star Can anyone tell me what the presentations were last night that we couldn't hear?

Gordon Neate and Ron Grant has their retirements recognised. Murty got presentations from STAR, the FL community award and A.N.Other supporter award. I think.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 21 Jul 2009 13:49

Whore Jackie

Gordon Neate and Ron Grant has their retirements recognised. Murty got presentations from STAR, the FL community award and A.N.Other supporter award. I think.

Thanks. What did he get from STAR?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Jul 2009 13:52

Sarah Star
Whore Jackie

Harry Carry's login and password.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 21 Jul 2009 13:53

Sarah Star
Whore Jackie

50% discount on next years membership I think.....

In reality it would be nice if he's been asked to become a VP along with Parky and various MPs.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 21 Jul 2009 13:54

Sarah Star
Whore Jackie

Less than Sonko did.

towserSL2crew

by towserSL2crew » 21 Jul 2009 13:55

Great night.and not a bad crowd.Those who are moaning about the game ,ffs it was a testimonial not a cup tie.
Hal Robson impressed again as he has in the 2 other friendlies , and Scott Davies is lookin good as I said last week. These 2 will be stars this term , given a chance.
Well done Murts and thanks for being a great player , great skipper and most important a great bloke who always had time for everyone.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 21 Jul 2009 13:57

Whore Jackie

He got a CD from a shaggy-haired indie band. I still can't believe what I saw. Seriously, was this a wind-up by a post-ironic late-night yoof programme on E4 or something?

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 21 Jul 2009 14:00

Sarah Star [

Free travel to Peterborough, providing he paid the 10 pound membership fee. If he decided not to take this option, a STAR member would travel free in his place. This was all presented under the banner 'Club offers Murty free travel to Peterborough'.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Jul 2009 14:02

Sarah Star What did he get from STAR?

A G'arn URZ t-shirt signed by Denny Fullbrook.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 21 Jul 2009 14:03

Looking through the gallery, I suddenly remembered that the referee gave the linesman a yellow card. What was that about?

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 21 Jul 2009 14:17

Thaumagurist* Looking through the gallery, I suddenly remembered that the referee gave the linesman a yellow card. What was that about?

for taking the game too seriously i believe.
he called the ref over when Lita threw the ball at Federici in jest. so the ref booked him for wasting his time :lol:

good night i thought, enjoyed the banter and looking at our current squad, which seem to be passing the ball around quite well i thought (yes i know it is a nothing game). was quite touched by Murty having a tear in his eye when he said thanks to all the fans and was drowned out by us singing.

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 21 Jul 2009 14:38

Sarah Star
Whore Jackie

A named Star in the sky!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Jul 2009 17:12

fester_royal
Thaumagurist* Looking through the gallery, I suddenly remembered that the referee gave the linesman a yellow card. What was that about?

for taking the game too seriously i believe.
he called the ref over when Lita threw the ball at Federici in jest. so the ref booked him for wasting his time :lol:

good night i thought, enjoyed the banter and looking at our current squad, which seem to be passing the ball around quite well i thought (yes i know it is a nothing game). was quite touched by Murty having a tear in his eye when he said thanks to all the fans and was drowned out by us singing.

I thought it was for taking the game too seriously by repeatedly flagging Lita offside - on the numerous times he was offside.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Jul 2009 17:26

I really enjoyed the evening. I was expecting the football to be awful but it was actually very entertaining - at least until the latter stages when all the really old guard came on for their bow. Of course it was not a league game, but it was a good work out for the young players and so much for those who were predicting that the 106 team would thrash the new team!

Like others I was really impressed with Robson-Kanu and Davies. Both look outstanding prospects but all the young players did well. If only Steve Coppell had trusted youth instead of bringing back Kitson and Little, we may well be in the PL today.

As for the old guard - either they were not trying or most are past their best. Shorey was well beaten by Kanu time and again and the likes of Little really are past their best. Apart from Sidwell and perhaps USA (who seldom let us down) would we really want any of them back?

A great send off for a fantastic captain and I hope he comes back one day in some capacity.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 21 Jul 2009 17:30

I was impressed by New Reading's number 15 and his energy and application but was too inattentive to catch his name. Sorry. can anyone help, please?

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 21 Jul 2009 17:40

glass half full I was impressed by New Reading's number 15 and his energy and application but was too inattentive to catch his name. Sorry. can anyone help, please?

Nicholas Bignall.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 21 Jul 2009 17:47

readingfc13
glass half full I was impressed by New Reading's number 15 and his energy and application but was too inattentive to catch his name. Sorry. can anyone help, please?

Nicholas Bignall.

Thanks for that. I hope that he progresses well.

372 posts