Dave Mooney Signs

168 posts
g

Re: Dave Mooney is Signing

by g » 20 Aug 2008 21:26

How many of our strikers are proven at this level.. remind me.. do they not only have one season (if that) under their belt in the championship... miss you kits xx what this club is thinking.. i have no idea

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Aug 2008 21:58

Ian Royal
Sarah Star It's going to be a difficult choice for forwards by the sound of it. Would we ever play with 3 up front?

I'd hope not unless it was with 2 forwards come wingers and 3 across the centre of midfield.

I don't much like a conventional 4-3-3

3-4-3, with Hunt and Rosenior as the wing-backs? Actually it's more of a 5-2-3 but that doesn't look right.

Or what about 5-3-2 when not in possession, which converts to a 2-5-3 when in possession...

JamesH

by JamesH » 20 Aug 2008 22:02

I think for "Mooney signs" we can read "Doyle to Sunderland/Villa"

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Aug 2008 22:17

SCIAG
Ian Royal
Sarah Star It's going to be a difficult choice for forwards by the sound of it. Would we ever play with 3 up front?

I'd hope not unless it was with 2 forwards come wingers and 3 across the centre of midfield.

I don't much like a conventional 4-3-3

3-4-3, with Hunt and Rosenior as the wing-backs? Actually it's more of a 5-2-3 but that doesn't look right.

Or what about 5-3-2 when not in possession, which converts to a 2-5-3 when in possession...

id love that, but i reckon coppello wont

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 20 Aug 2008 22:21

Now you're confusing me. Who would we have in a 3-4-3 or 5-3-2 formation?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 20 Aug 2008 22:26

Nice signing! Bargain price, good finishing touch, I like it a lot.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 20 Aug 2008 22:43

Gus the teenage cow
fozziebear Could Shane Long go out on loan?

yes

and you could ask an interesting question one day too but sadly neither are likely to happen for the forseeable future

Anyone got a spare irony detector? This one's just exploded.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 20 Aug 2008 22:47

Looks a bit like Trevor Trevor Trevor Trevor Senior.

nev monkey

by nev monkey » 20 Aug 2008 23:44

PLASTIC PIG OMG look at him! He is without doubt the result of Stephen Hunt & Kevin Doyle having unprotected sex & then, somehow, one of them fell pregnant & gave birth to likkle baby Dave. My god it's uncanny :shock:

Bad news is he can only be about 7 or 8 so don't think he'll be ready just yet :wink:

:lol: Kitson's already pissed off at stoke. He's dyed his hair & started gurning in an attempt at disguising himself.

philM

by philM » 20 Aug 2008 23:46

semtex1871 in yesterdays EP:

"Coppell also rubbished reports that he has made a £200,000 bid for Cork City striker Dave Mooney.

As we revealed last month, Royals’ boss watched Mooney in action and I understand the club is continuing to monitor him. However, they have not as yet made any move for the target man."

yet more lies to add to the Kitson and Shorey are ill thats why they are not in the squad!!!!!

Do you really expect RFC to make premature announcements (to the EP?!) until the paperwork is signed and done and the club has prepared the various press releases?

What you call "lies" are just evasive answers given to probing hacks to fob them off until the club is ready to make a statement. SC can't get away with just saying "no comment" all the time, and he'll have an agreed process for any news updates that he provides.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 20 Aug 2008 23:49

Happy with this, looks a tidy finisher from the limited youtube clips.

...and at 200k it is virtually no risk too.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 20 Aug 2008 23:59

Some of you people never cease to amaze me; good signing.....a bargain. All this gleaned from 30 seconds worth of a Youtube clip and a no doubt in depth knowledge of the Eircom league :roll: . Still, as long as the easily pleased RFC fanbase is happy who am I to remain sceptical? :roll:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Aug 2008 00:28

exactly which leads me to believe there wont be 5 strikers at the club for too long. can see doyle moving on[/quote]

Am I the only one hoping its LOLita?

:oops:[/quote]

Lita will score more than doyle and Long this season in this league, imo of course.

Last year of the contract so the fee wouldn't be great, better hanging on to him, again don't forget he's only 22/23.[/quote]

same for me lita will score more can see him as our top scorer

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Aug 2008 08:33

floyd__streete Some of you people never cease to amaze me; good signing.....a bargain. All this gleaned from 30 seconds worth of a Youtube clip and a no doubt in depth knowledge of the Eircom league :roll: . Still, as long as the easily pleased RFC fanbase is happy who am I to remain sceptical? :roll:

He's the sort of signing that seems to work for this club so don't see anything wrong with people calling it a good signing.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 21 Aug 2008 08:37

Stranded
floyd__streete Some of you people never cease to amaze me; good signing.....a bargain. All this gleaned from 30 seconds worth of a Youtube clip and a no doubt in depth knowledge of the Eircom league :roll: . Still, as long as the easily pleased RFC fanbase is happy who am I to remain sceptical? :roll:

He's the sort of signing that seems to work for this club so don't see anything wrong with people calling it a good signing.

'greed. Well surely video's on him is evidence of what he is capable of? He seems good in front of goal so hopefully will do the same for us.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 21 Aug 2008 08:42

Super Kevin Bremner! Looks a bit like Trevor Trevor Trevor Trevor Senior.

Yeah if you're half pissed and squinting

Oh yes,yes I am that person (after watching that shower of over paid shit at Wembley last night)

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Aug 2008 08:51

rg6royal
Stranded

'greed. Well surely video's on him is evidence of what he is capable of? He seems good in front of goal so hopefully will do the same for us.

It's not what they show, it's what they don't show - they're hardly going to show any strings of misses from 3 yards out.

I'd imagine that the Youtube best of Keith Scott would make him look quite impressive too. Short, but impressive.

The Bennett and Doyle examples show that you just can't tell without seeing how they perform in more representative league conditions.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 21 Aug 2008 09:13

Hey everyone, don't get carried away now. Nobody is allowed to get upbeat until mister bitter-and-twisted says you can. :roll:

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 21 Aug 2008 09:14

Stranded

Have to agree with Floyd here. I remember how many drooled over Fae from the youtube clips and look what a terrible signing that was.

I don't see how a player totally unproven at this level can be a 'good signing.' I would describe it more as 'low risk signing considering the low fee. I am sure the RTG brigade will cite the success of Doyle while they forget the failures of Bennett.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Aug 2008 09:19

When we signed Doyle and Kitson cheaply, we had no idea where we would end up in a few years (ie PL) - now we've had two years in the PL, been relegated because we didn't have the right calibre of players in many positions, so we show real ambition and sign an unknown (outside of Eire) striker for £200,000, when we already have 4 strikers. I hope he does turn out to be a bargain like Kitson was, but I won't hold my breath, and this "great bit of business" will leave an even more sour taste in my mouth if we sell off Doyle and he's his replacement.

168 posts