Back from the Burnley game...

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

Re: Back from the game...

by papereyes » 29 Oct 2008 17:39

I actually thought when we passed and moved around the box, we cut straight through them yet did it less and less as the game progressed.

One of my comments may have been tongue in cheek/sarcastic. Guess which?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Oct 2008 19:41

Mr Angry Well done to all the posters who got back from the game within an hour.

:roll:

Makes a change being home 40 minutes after the end of the game rather than the 4hrs+ it takes after a home game. Managed to tag along in front of the Star coaches so the police kindly stopped the traffic all the way to the M65. 25 minutes home from there. Can't get out of the Mad Stad car park that quickly.

I don't normally post after home games bacause by the time I get to a computer, everythings been said about 100 times already

mahoj002

by mahoj002 » 29 Oct 2008 19:46

only 2 word can discrib it! FUK*IN AUFUL
drove all the way up there, froze by bolluks off, 2 go and watch a bunch off monkeys that like fannying arund on the ball!!
why harper and cisse wer in the team god only knows! Harper and Hunt were a waist off space. With all the chanes w had we couldnt even score althought there keeper was outstanding thee still no excuse.

SORT IT OUT COPPELL

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Oct 2008 19:50

mahoj002 only 2 word can discrib it! FUK*IN AUFUL
drove all the way up there, froze by bolluks off, 2 go and watch a bunch off monkeys that like fannying arund on the ball!!
why harper and cisse wer in the team god only knows! Harper and Hunt were a waist off space. With all the chanes w had we couldnt even score althought there keeper was outstanding thee still no excuse.

SORT IT OUT COPPELL

Only two words can describe it:

TRANSLATION PLEASE

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 29 Oct 2008 19:51

SORT IT OUT COPPELL

Sounds like you didn't really watch the game the way others did, who were there as well.
Reading gave everything and were totally robbed. It is gutting but you can't expect to win everything.
I've seen the highlights and reading did so well, it was just one of those nights that, hopefully won't happen again.
I won't mention the spelling errors... :wink:

mahoj002

by mahoj002 » 29 Oct 2008 19:55

S09Royal

SORT IT OUT COPPELL

Sounds like you didn't really watch the game the way others did, who were there as well.
Reading gave everything and were totally robbed. It is gutting but you can't expect to win everything.
I've seen the highlights and reading did so well, it was just one of those nights that, hopefully won't happen again.
I won't mention the spelling errors... :wink:

lol was hopeing you wouldnt notice :roll: but the amount of times we gave the ball away in the second half was dreadfull, i admit we was robbed but we shoudlt be loosing to teams like burnley :oops:

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 29 Oct 2008 20:42

mahoj002

lol was hopeing you wouldnt notice :roll: but the amount of times we gave the ball away in the second half was dreadfull, i admit we was robbed but we shoudlt be loosing to teams like burnley :oops:

Midweek away oop North to a team that aren't exactly struggling this season and will be well up there come the seasons end..

Nothing to worry about here. Can easily be sorted with a local derby victory on Saturday

old woman

by old woman » 29 Oct 2008 21:10

Bum!!!

Just spent ages writing a splendid post only to hit the wrong button and it disappeared.

anyway listened to game via internet .Could only get a Burnley radio station. They could not believe their luck at being on level terms at half time and were worried that Marcus had so little to do that he would freeze to the spot. Their keeper had an absolute stormer and got the man of the match award.

At least we're making chances -all teams have games where the ball refuses to cross the line!!!!!

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 30 Oct 2008 10:34

Royal Rob The highlight of the night for me was Andre Bikey's free kick in the first half... Stephen Hunt clearly wanted to take it but up stepped Bikey and blasted it high into the stand. Hilarious at the time, not that funny given that we couldn't score.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/BenReadingFC/5BDC0DED6E984EDF85FA78E251B4C5BA/viva-la-bikey.aspx

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 30 Oct 2008 12:01

So who enjoyed getting out of the cricket ground after the game?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 30 Oct 2008 12:48

old woman Bum!!!

Just spent ages writing a splendid post only to hit the wrong button and it disappeared.

anyway listened to game via internet .Could only get a Burnley radio station. They could not believe their luck at being on level terms at half time and were worried that Marcus had so little to do that he would freeze to the spot. Their keeper had an absolute stormer and got the man of the match award.

At least we're making chances -all teams have games where the ball refuses to cross the line!!!!!

And sometimes even in those games the officials feel sorry for us and give us a goal!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Oct 2008 13:03

The whole year inn
mahoj002

Midweek away oop North to a team that aren't exactly struggling this season and will be well up there come the seasons end..

Nothing to worry about here. Can easily be sorted with a local derby victory on Saturday

How is bristol a derby?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Oct 2008 13:25

its an M4 derby you fool!

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 30 Oct 2008 13:32

THought we played well. Created chances, on another night easily good have had 3/4.

However this is a nasty little pattern we're getting into, not winning games that we should do easily.

Our biggest problem is we strugle is S Hunt and Doyle don't have the best of games, some of the other players need to step it up a bit.

Certainly don't think there is too much to sort out, just have to be more ruthless.....