Reading FC podcasts

496 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Reading FC podcasts

by Stranded » 21 Nov 2008 10:43

Last edited by Stranded on 01 Feb 2012 17:31, edited 75 times in total.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New Reading Podcast

by Geekins » 21 Nov 2008 11:24

Can we search for it via itunes now?

Will do it when i get home tonight.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Nov 2008 11:28

Not 100% sure as this one isn't officially the first one and only went up last night - was just the pilot we did to see if the company liked it, they did so stuck it online.

You will definitely be able to from next week onwards.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 21 Nov 2008 11:39

Ok will use your link instead... i best not waste valuable minutes of my life listening to this :wink:

Stranded: "Do you think we will win tomorrow verses Southampton"
Stranded's mate: " Yes i think we can win tomorrow"

Stranded: "Do you think Doyle will continue his rich vein of form"
Stranded's mate: Yes i think Doyle will continue his rich vein of form"

Stranded: Do you think the crowd will create a good atmosphere"
Stranded's mate: Yes i think there will be a good atmosphere tomorrow"

:wink:
:lol: :lol:
(This isn't actually the interview, just me messing about to anyone reading this)

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 21 Nov 2008 14:02

Liked it, though it was a tad bland. Would prefer a bit more unreasonable Reading FC bias.

More power to you.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Nov 2008 14:30

cool

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Nov 2008 15:06

Fat Leather Jacket Liked it, though it was a tad bland. Would prefer a bit more unreasonable Reading FC bias.

More power to you.

That's fair enough, that'll probably develop as we get used to doing it. Thanks for the comments.

philM

by philM » 21 Nov 2008 15:31

Good stuff. Could do with more content in terms of voices/opinions, or maybe just keep it short(er) and snappy. Would be fun to hear pre and post match opinions from around the stadium for example, if you're up for recording mobile live stuff. Why not try and do some player interviews? To really grow it you probably would want it linked to a website but that's another whole bunch of work. Good effort so far though. Look forward to the next one.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Nov 2008 15:43

philM Good stuff. Could do with more content in terms of voices/opinions, or maybe just keep it short(er) and snappy. Would be fun to hear pre and post match opinions from around the stadium for example, if you're up for recording mobile live stuff. Why not try and do some player interviews? To really grow it you probably would want it linked to a website but that's another whole bunch of work. Good effort so far though. Look forward to the next one.

Cheers for the feedback.

The Football fancast website is where it's attached, it's being relaunched in the new year I believe so hopefully will help it grow then.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 21 Nov 2008 15:49

Like it.

Some production issues, a few format issues, possibly a tad long, but all this stuff will be ironed out as time goes on. Since it's 'by' and 'for' the fans, offering out topics and issues that people want discussed to the audience might be a nice way of improving engagement, and getting some juicier content.

Also, put some kind of generic post-roll / credits /music on the end, it finishes far too abruptly for my liking!

Definitely something I'll check out again. Good work for making the effort!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Nov 2008 16:01

Gav Like it.

Some production issues, a few format issues, possibly a tad long, but all this stuff will be ironed out as time goes on. Since it's 'by' and 'for' the fans, offering out topics and issues that people want discussed to the audience might be a nice way of improving engagement, and getting some juicier content.

Also, put some kind of generic post-roll / credits /music on the end, it finishes far too abruptly for my liking!

Cheers Gav - we've got some credits music they've sent us that'll be on from the next show which'll hopefully end the abruptedness...

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 21 Nov 2008 16:14

Stranded
Gav Like it.

Cheers Gav - we've got some credits music they've sent us that'll be on from the next show which'll hopefully end the abruptedness...

In the meantime you could try the 'repeat to fade' trick (don't)

Thanks for listening, thanks for listening, thanks for listening

Make sure you nudge it though for new episodes so I don't forget it exists

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 21 Nov 2008 16:52

Good stuff. Need to offer more stuff that we don't get from 107 or BBCRB.
Would be great if you could do some pieces from during the match, but you're probably not allowed to. Opinions from around the concourse would be good and you could edit all the boring ones. Maybe location pieces from to and from the away matches, on the train etc.
Maybe stuff about whether or not to keep the goal celebration music etc. etc.
Can you get interviews with players ? 35 minutes is good, 60 minutes would be good ! but needs a few more voices, but not too many. Good luck, keep it up.

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 21 Nov 2008 17:01

Will be listening in every week... :wink:

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 21 Nov 2008 17:11

Great Knolly Good stuff. Need to offer more stuff that we don't get from 107 or BBCRB.
Would be great if you could do some pieces from during the match, but you're probably not allowed to. Opinions from around the concourse would be good and you could edit all the boring ones. Maybe location pieces from to and from the away matches, on the train etc.
Maybe stuff about whether or not to keep the goal celebration music etc. etc.
Can you get interviews with players ? 35 minutes is good, 60 minutes would be good ! but needs a few more voices, but not too many. Good luck, keep it up.

Yeah, everyone likes a good vox pop.

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 22 Nov 2008 12:29

well done guys. I've subscribed in itunes so can be a regular listen on the way work

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Dec 2008 09:53

Hi all,

There's been a bit of delay between podcasts for a number of reasons, but the latest one looking back at Cardiff, Cov & Barnsley amongst other things can be heard here...

http://podcasts.footballfancast.com/rea ... ncast-005/

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 08 Dec 2008 14:03

^I haven't heard the latest, but I thought that the previous one was good and they should be very good once you get a bit smoother and more practised.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 08 Dec 2008 14:08

Listened to the first 2 and it sounds gd.

Am registered thorugh Itunes so will get it every week now :)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Dec 2008 14:10

Baines ^I haven't heard the latest, but I thought that the previous one was good and they should be very good once you get a bit smoother and more practised.

Cheers Baines, we've got a few ideas coming up with guests etc so people aren't just stuck listening to us two for ever and a day.

Just so people know there are 3 up there at the mo, the Soton one wasn't really advertised as the website was (and is) undergoing a transition at the moment.

496 posts