Back from the Game - Birmingham

Royalshow

Re: Back from the Game - Birmingham

by Royalshow » 21 Dec 2008 11:55

BenReadingFC
Royalshow
SLAMMED Also, the guy infront of me shouted out brendywendy lol. I take it your a nobber?

Behind the goal at the back, with 2 other guys videoing every now and again and singing songs about bill oddie?

Yeah i was the guy filming for a bit.

Where's your uploaded vids? Upload your vids!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv5nHBLEwGM

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 21 Dec 2008 12:57

Really impressive performance, the best we played in a few games and I thought we did really well to keep our heads at 1-1 and not panic. Birmingham got shown up for what they're always been like, a boring side unable to attack fluently and given our far superior goal difference, they'll do well to finish above us this season.

From our view point, we now played the majority of top sides away from home and not come out with too much damage. We've been at our best when we beat Wolves, Sheff Utd and now Birmingham which has been an outstanding achievement from the players. Not been beaten away from home now since the end of October, that's a great achievement given we spent the best part of games at Cardiff & Barnsley with 10 men.

My only gripe of the day was the Reading fans who continue to sing the "how shit must you be, we're winning away" song. At Wolves, it made me chuckle as we hadn't won away from home in the league all season and they were the best team at the time whom we played them off the pitch. To keep singing it months later even though we're played great stuff is unfair on the team and management staff who have responded brilliantly to some early season criticism. Oh, and LOL at the few Reading fans screaming at Harper every mistake he made, getting on the back of your own captain/2nd longest serving player is really clever.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Dec 2008 13:11

For all you Harper knockers do you think S Hunt had a better game than him?
I am not a great one for stats,assist ratings etc but you might be interested in some figures from Sporting Index.
For televised games you can bet on a player's performance and points are awarded as follows:-
25 for a goal
10 for an assist
5 for a shot on target
3 for winning a corner
3 for winning a free kick
2 for a successful pass in the opposition half
-3 for conceding a free kick
-10 for a yellow card
-25for a red card

Somebody like Gerrard or Lampard are generally quoted at around the 80 mark as would Ronaldo but somebody like Xavi or Messi would get a quote of around 100.
Bearing in mind that Harper is more of a defensive midfielder who would not be expected to play passes in the other half nor get corners and Hunt takes most of the free-kicks and corners which should help rack up points for successful passes in the opposition half plus more assists and shots on target you might be surprised at yesterday's returns.

Hunt got 39 points (10 of which would have been for the free-kick for Doyle's goal)
Harper got 30 points.
What these figures imply to me is that NEITHER of them produced many successful passes in the opposition half and with Hunt's corner and free-kick taking his return is poor and yet I feel sure that most fans would say that Hunt did more than Harper.
This is obviously not a full picture because there are no points for tackles won( nor for pointing or brushing your hair back or glaring) but I thought you might find them interesting in relation to yesterday's game.
One player worth £5million and the other some fans would like to give away hmmm.

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 21 Dec 2008 13:45

SLAMMED Deserved the 3 points. The chavs at the back were a disgrace to Reading. You know who you are your not clever, and you should have all been thrown out.

What happened then? Im guessing it was something during a goal celebration

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 21 Dec 2008 13:48

Avon Royal Was Baldy there yesterday?

If your referring to me.. yes I was!

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 21 Dec 2008 13:51

The man who started off "stuffed like a turkey" chant

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 21 Dec 2008 14:14

S09Royal Can someone sum up what it was like actually being there? Because i wish i was, if it wasn't for work :cry:

Can't wait for the highlights on The Championship tomorrow!
Are we the featured match? I beat it'll be Wolves :roll:

I think I heard God's name was used in vain, good thing you didn't come.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Dec 2008 14:16

SLAMMED
bcubed
bottom left hand corner Brilliant all round performance

great performance from croud aswell

Few player comments

Harper - looked lost

NHunt - Found our new free kick taker

Long - Never stopped running, Needs to stop falling over

Doobs - At fault for goal, aswell as cisse

You are a clown

Your the clown. Harper was uninspiring and didnt do anything meaning full.
Did you even watch the game?

Ignoring the your instead of you're, I can only assume you were too busy enjoying the crass songs from the chavs to observe what was going on out on the pitch

Harper was excellent - try watching the game without blinkers and preconceived notions.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 21 Dec 2008 14:19

The_Cat
S09Royal Can someone sum up what it was like actually being there? Because i wish i was, if it wasn't for work :cry:

Can't wait for the highlights on The Championship tomorrow!
Are we the featured match? I beat it'll be Wolves :roll:

I think I heard God's name was used in vain, good thing you didn't come.

I heard it too. Im sure somebody said "Jesus" as well!

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 21 Dec 2008 14:23

bcubed Ignoring the your instead of you're, I can only assume you were too busy enjoying the crass songs from the chavs to observe what was going on out on the pitch

Harper was excellent - try watching the game without blinkers and preconceived notions.

Did you go to the game?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 21 Dec 2008 15:56

BenReadingFC Noel Hunts Goal

You can see me :wink:

Nice Video.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 21 Dec 2008 16:10

My biggest LOL of the day was when we scored our third goal and I ran down the front and a steward just put his hand out and i stopped out said " mate im not going to run on the pitch "

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 21 Dec 2008 16:27

rg6royal My biggest LOL of the day was when we scored our third goal and I ran down the front and a steward just put his hand out and i stopped out said " mate im not going to run on the pitch "

:lol:

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 21 Dec 2008 16:57

Who was the guy in the green hoody. On the highlights you can see him jumping down rows when we scored LOL.

Wonder if he's a nobber.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Dec 2008 19:13

SLAMMED
bcubed Ignoring the your instead of you're, I can only assume you were too busy enjoying the crass songs from the chavs to observe what was going on out on the pitch

Did you go to the game?

Yes Thanks

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 21 Dec 2008 20:08

SLAMMED Also, the guy infront of me shouted out brendywendy lol. I take it your a nobber?

Behind the goal at the back, with 2 other guys videoing every now and again and singing songs about bill oddie?

aahhhhh the yoofs!
they sit behind me in the north stand and rub my bald spot when we score

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 21 Dec 2008 20:09

pearcetom

hell yh!!! that was us. no brendywendy no party! we moved up in the end. where were you sat?

didnt go in the end, had an xmas do on in the afternoon, and didnt think id get back in time

watched at home with a hangover instead

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 21 Dec 2008 20:10

pearcetom
SLAMMED
pearcetom haha i think i know who you are then. started a few cisse chants off and just generally joining in. wish we had that kind of support at home games but people refuse to join in with us. we arent liked in the north stand!

East stand is where its at 8)

i would move but its a case of dragging brendywendy! anyway great day out. still hammered! shouldnt have continued drinking on the way home. have to go to a family meal soon! :oops:

what about the 2 scots?
we couldnt leave them surely?

ill move if you insist

pearcetom

by pearcetom » 21 Dec 2008 22:45

the more the merrier! we can take them with us! but i dont want it to be a case of "yh im moving, see you there!" and its just me that moves!

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 22 Dec 2008 00:06

bcubed
SLAMMED

Did you go to the game?

Yes Thanks

Did you have your eyes closed?