I don't understand where it went wrong

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: I don't understand where it went wrong

by Millsy » 15 May 2009 21:46

The Cap
2 world wars, 1 world cup wrote:
Part of me hopes we get a good kick in the teeth, drop back down to League 1 for a few years

Really?

Part of me hopes I'll one day stop saying things that will get me into trouble! :wink:

Seriously though yeah a *small* part of me would not be unhappy with us getting a good whipping, going down and learning passion and hard work again. We're a spoilt soft club at the moment with as much passion as an old sock.

clauski

by clauski » 15 May 2009 21:50

It's too simplistic to blame the fans for being jittery or the atmosphere at home. Fans only get jittery when things start to go wrong - up until February we were regularly winning at home. But why did we draw one, lose 2 and perform badly over 3 home games in February? Afterwards the support may have been an issue but what went wrong then? Maybe the pressure that 3 home games only that month was expected to be an advantage and a chance to firm up automatic promotion and when that went wrong we lost confidence and didn't recover. Purely down to the pyschology of the players and maybe management?

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 16 May 2009 01:54

loyalroyal Up to 27th Jan we (I think following data is correct!) :-

Won 16 games
Drew 4 games
Lost 5 games
Scored 46 goals,
Conceded 20 goals

Why? What changed after the 27th Jan and that win against Wolves? I know NHunt, Lita and Doyle's injuries didn't help but I still don't quite see how it all went so wrong in Feb/Mar/Apr/May? Home form played a huge part but again, we were doing so well at home in the first half of the season, what changed?

we was shit

hth

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 16 May 2009 09:47

27th Jan - the day the squad found out Coppell really was going to leave at the end of the season.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 16 May 2009 10:17

It went wrong because Coppell has got a dark side he bears grudges.He sent out our best striker out on loan(I think hes Norwich top scorer or thereabouts)Lita should have played in the last quarter of the season(bar injuries)now we are giving him way, bloody senseless

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 16 May 2009 10:48

ankeny It went wrong because Coppell has got a dark side he bears grudges.He sent out our best striker out on loan(I think hes Norwich top scorer or thereabouts)Lita should have played in the last quarter of the season(bar injuries)now we are giving him way, bloody senseless

We'll see. One thing thing you can guarantee is that if Lita ever plays against us he'll score.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 16 May 2009 11:04

ankeny He sent out our best striker out on loan

Better than Doyle you think? Or are you using it in the best 'natural goalscorer' (ie, can stick it in the back of the net without doing much else) sense?

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 16 May 2009 11:31

DEFENCE...... Our back four changed to consist of Armstrong, Doobs (poor distribution, likes the hoof), Bikey / Pearce (confidence players) and Rosenior (Mr huff and puff with no end product).
Best line up in the back four was Murts, Armstrong, Ingi, Bikey.

Defence is key, a good back line gives the rest of the team confidence in pushing forward. With the second line-up above they could expect a fluid build up from a solid defence through to midfield into attack. With the first line-up, they weren't confident, didn't know what to expect in the way of build up and more often than not received a hopefull punt upfield.

So after Dec / Jan, loss of confidence in the team, loss of 'game plan' i.e knowing what to expect in a build up. Hence players not running forward and poor positioning.

Blame - Coppell / Hammond / Mr Mad for failing to invest in the back line and use some the millions they had made over the season. Yep.... Coppells words during his last interview after the Burnley game "The club has made an awful lot of money this season".

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 16 May 2009 11:34

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Part of me hopes I'll one day stop saying things that will get me into trouble! :wink:

Seriously though yeah a *small* part of me would not be unhappy with us getting a good whipping, going down and learning passion and hard work again. We're a spoilt soft club at the moment with as much passion as an old sock.

I like your posts you really care but like me just a funny way of expressing it. Yes I am slightly envious of Charlton, Saints and Narch. Good trips and pubs in that league next season... maybe we could have found a new Nicky Forster down there.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 16 May 2009 13:11

Irvinchangeyaname

Better than Doyle you think? Or are you using it in the best 'natural goalscorer' (ie, can stick it in the back of the net without doing much else) sense?
Yes I do,its only my opinion of coarse,I suggest you trawl through the 606 BBC site and see the amount of fans of other clubs wanting their clubs(Prem and Champ) to sign him.We must be mad to to lose hime,Doyle will go anyway.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 May 2009 13:16

ankeny
Irvinchangeyaname

Yes I do,its only my opinion of coarse,I suggest you trawl through the 606 BBC site and see the amount of fans of other clubs wanting their clubs(Prem and Champ) to sign him.We must be mad to to lose hime,Doyle will go anyway.

I just cannot understand how anyone can thinkthat highly of Lita after he again and again failed to perform for us for TWO YEARS despite being handed chance after chance.

He consistently made awful miss after miss on the few occasions he actually got a chance and added nothing to the team when he wasn't scoring. He has the talent, but he doesn't have the brain. He will never make it really big.