Reading the team to play in the playoffs.....

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pwb

Reading the team to play in the playoffs.....

by pwb » 25 May 2009 17:11

Well now Burnley have been promoted, that makes RFC the team to play in the playoffs, as every team we have played in the playoffs, have gone on to be promoted..........

BarryWhiteRFC

Re: Reading the team to play in the playoffs.....

by BarryWhiteRFC » 25 May 2009 17:22

pwb Well now Burnley have been promoted, that makes RFC the team to play in the playoffs, as every team we have played in the playoffs, have gone on to be promoted..........

Wigan and Tranmere?

Adz1871

by Adz1871 » 25 May 2009 17:27

BarryWhiteRFC
pwb Well now Burnley have been promoted, that makes RFC the team to play in the playoffs, as every team we have played in the playoffs, have gone on to be promoted..........

Wigan and Tranmere?

I suppose he meant every team we have lost to in the play offs have gone on to be promoted

pwb

by pwb » 25 May 2009 17:29

Well ok! add some extra words " and have beaten us"

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 25 May 2009 17:41

You could say whoever gets Man U at home on the opening day will finish 18th after the last couple of seasons. :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 May 2009 19:04

So, what we're saying is, Reading are the team to want to play in the Play Offs if you know you're going to beat them.

:roll:

Of course, it would be much more sensible to not want to get us until the final, because we have a 50 / 50 record of making finals in the last 15 years iirc, but if you play us in the final there is a 100% record of us not winning.

Of course if we don't make the final and you weren't the team who knocked us out there's a 100% record of you failing to go up to contend with.

On balance I think it's probably not worth bothering with and a ridiculously small and insignificant sample anyway.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 25 May 2009 19:10

Every team that has beaten Reading in the playoffs has ended up getting promoted but also has incidentally got relegated the following season! As mentioned by another poster, if a team draws 0-0 away at Old Trafford on the first day of season then before they celebrate a fantastic result they should notice that Reading and Newcastle both did in the same season as going down.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 May 2009 23:14

I was there at Elm Park Every team that has beaten Reading in the playoffs has ended up getting promoted but also has incidentally got relegated the following season!

Walsall weren't relegated the season after beating us in the final in 2001. We played them in what is now called the Championship in 02/03 having been promoted ourselves in 01/02.

Didn't care much for their fans billy big-b*ll*cks attitude outside Turf Moor after the first leg, particularly as on my previous visits (5-2 and 3-0 wins) they were quiet as church mice afterwards. That said, I have no particular malice towards Burnley (always enjoy the Thwaites's Mild in the cricket club) and fair play to them, they have beaten a thugish and ordinary Sheff U side and proved their mettle against top sides in the cups. Compare and contrast Coppell's attitude towards cup competitions; taking these matches seriously hardly did Burnley any harm did they?

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1