The perspective thread.

230 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

The perspective thread.

by winchester_royal » 15 Aug 2009 19:45

OK, so a team with 6 players under the age of 22, and 4 academy graduates, loses against a team which has 4 former England internationals, 1 former england youth striker, 1 current england youth striker, 1 spanish U21 fullback, 2 Argentinian internationals, and have a former chelsea first teamer on the bench.

Is anyone really that bloody suprised????

We all said when Rodgers was appointed that it would take time and PATIENCE. He is trying to instill a new footballing ethos into the team. In this team he is introducing a number of talented, yet inexperienced, youngsters. The fact that we didn't look out of place in the first half today against a team possesing such experience and quality is fantastic TBH. It will take time for this team to come good. We all know that. One only has to look at Rodgers' record at Watford to understand the process that this team will go through in the next few months.

We all cried out for local players to get their chance, and a result like this was always likely to happen. But they will learn from this experience, as will Rodgers, who will now understand what we need to do in the last weeks of the Transfer Window. We will only come back stronger, and eventually we should come good, however until then we must give Rodgers the benefit of the doubt.

Calm down, and get some bleedin perspective.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The perspective thread.

by moo » 15 Aug 2009 19:47

What if they dont 'come good'?

Whats plan B?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 15 Aug 2009 19:48

There are quite a few posters on this board who absolutely live for days like this. They love nothing more than the sound of their own whining. We're getting lengthy, self-congratulating diatribes from people who were absolutely silent - not so much as a peep - during the good years. There will not be perspective. Where's the thrill in that?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 15 Aug 2009 19:48

HNA are not good on perspective.

We do need a few old heads in there to carry them along though.

Harper and Hunt should have started.

Where was Marek?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Aug 2009 19:50

perspective ive got.im happy with midtable, but that was a bottom half performance IMO
yes they have some big strong quality players, but they aint that good, and certainly arent half the team liverpool were when we beat them for instance
-i know its a rebuild job, and patience is required, and im not talking about booing anyone, or even complaining about it, but even you must have been disapointed by our general capitulation and cluelessness?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 15 Aug 2009 19:53

Arch There are quite a few posters on this board who absolutely live for days like this. They love nothing more than the sound of their own whining. We're getting lengthy, self-congratulating diatribes from people who were absolutely silent - not so much as a peep - during the good years. There will not be perspective. Where's the thrill in that?

It's certainly a real retard's convention this evening.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 15 Aug 2009 19:53

I am realistic, with these kids i think we will finish in the bottom half but the spin coming from the OS is telling me something different which cant be right.

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 15 Aug 2009 19:57

Listen. If you are in the Championship it is all about competing. We are not and having paid good money then people expect a team to be competitive.

This team isn't and needs improving nowwwwwwwwww

Once you are bottom three after a couple of months with kids it is difficult to get out. Ask Saints fans. They know SDR is spot on as usual. You know it mkaes senseeeeee

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 15 Aug 2009 19:58

moo What if they dont 'come good'?

Whats plan B?

Introduce some experience into the starting team maybe

Say players like N. Hunt, Harper, Ingi - once they are fully match fit after missing most / all of pre-season

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 15 Aug 2009 20:00

Sir Dodger Royal Listen. If you are in the Championship it is all about competing. We are not and having paid good money then people expect a team to be competitive.

Once you are bottom three after a couple of months with kids it is difficult to get out. Ask Saints fans. They know SDR is spot on as usual. You know it mkaes senseeeeee

You think you've been proven right because of one loss against the best team in the division??

You are LOLaughable.

I suppose the same muppets spouting their negative bollocks, are the ones doing the same thing after the Plymouth match in 05/06.

I look forward to revisiting this thread in May.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 15 Aug 2009 20:01

Archies Volley II
moo What if they dont 'come good'?

Whats plan B?

Introduce some experience into the starting team maybe

Say players like N. Hunt, Harper, Ingi - once they are fully match fit after missing most / all of pre-season

Hunt and Harper both played today... Hunt is hardly prolific, Harper we tried to sell and some suggest has 'lost it' and Ingi is another one this forum claimed was 'past it', and then he got injured...and at the end of the season these same morons decided his absence was the reason we didnt get promoted.

Hardly a Plan B trying a couple of different players.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Aug 2009 20:03

I don't blame the players- not their fault they've been chucked in at the deep end. I was encouraged from bits I saw at forest- a team really at our level last week although there was room for improvement. I respect BR for taking the youngsters approach and im happy with the era we are under.

However, you cannot walk into a game with against a multi million pound ex prem team with experienced players and play your youth academy. It was really poor management to leave harper, marek and even mills on the bench today, we needed more experience. Really poor from BR. To add to that, its farcical we still haven't got a recognised striker going into the third game of the season, if this is not adressed quickly I expect we'll be in a relegation battle.

I am still optimistic as like our young players BR will learn, but seriously it was poor today and we looked a bad, inexperienced side at times.
Last edited by FiNeRaIn on 15 Aug 2009 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 15 Aug 2009 20:04

2.8 lita injection I am realistic, with these kids i think we will finish in the bottom half but the spin coming from the OS is telling me something different which cant be right.

Where's the spin? Even they say we were outclassed and should have done better.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 15 Aug 2009 20:05

winchester_royal
Sir Dodger Royal Listen. If you are in the Championship it is all about competing. We are not and having paid good money then people expect a team to be competitive.

You think you've been proven right because of one loss against the best team in the division??

You are LOLaughable.

I suppose the same muppets spouting their negative bollocks, are the ones doing the same thing after the Plymouth match in 05/06.

I look forward to revisiting this thread in May.

Hope you are proven right WR. My concern is the emphasis on youth without experienced pros to work alongside the younger players. They need to be nurtured rather than all thrown into the deep end simultaneously. I dont consider myself either an RTG or an STG(Thought we would win the division last season) but the manner of todays defeat and the naivety of the performance concerned me.
Rodgers has to marry experience with youth and we have to become a tougher, physically more aggressive side. We look too nice and pretty.
Last edited by PEARCEY on 15 Aug 2009 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Aug 2009 20:06

like arsenal ,
but without the quality :cry:

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 15 Aug 2009 20:09

Sarah Star
2.8 lita injection I am realistic, with these kids i think we will finish in the bottom half but the spin coming from the OS is telling me something different which cant be right.

The spin since Rogers was appointed, i could list them all but i would get very tired but take our first game as an example, the OS said we dominated, we didnt.

I have read stories that Alex Pearce reminds him of John Terry, i may come accross as negative but i feel the attraction of Rogers to mr M is his way with words.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 15 Aug 2009 20:10

FiNeRaIn I don't blame the players- not their fault they've been chucked in at the deep end. I was encouraged from bits I saw at forest- a team really at our level last week although there was room for improvement. I respect BR for taking the youngsters approach and im happy with the era we are under.

However, you cannot walk into a game with against a multi million pound ex prem team with experienced players and play your youth academy. It was really poor management to leave harper, marek and even mills on the bench today, we needed more experience. Really poor from BR. To add to that, its farcical we still haven't got a recognised striker going into the third game of the season, if this is not adressed quickly I expect we'll be in a relegation battle.

I am still optimistic as like our young players BR will learn, but seriously it was poor today and we looked a bad, inexperienced side at times.

I agree with most of this, but I can't think of a striker in the world who would have helped today. Church was absolutely non-existent and Kebe was absolutely hopeless. Whenever the ball crossed into their half, we were calling on Long to be judge, jury and executioner. Supply was a major problem, but that in turn goes back to the fact that we had a lightweight and inexperienced midfield up against a confident Nolan, Barton and Smith.

Anyway, early days, and plenty of lessons to be learned. With a new regime, it'll be interesting to see if we're better students than we were under SC.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 15 Aug 2009 20:12

Here come all the doom and gloom merchants!Lets see what happens on Tuesday.Not a good time to play
This lot with their emotions running high.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 15 Aug 2009 20:16

2.8 lita injection
Sarah Star

The spin since Rogers was appointed, i could list them all but i would get very tired but take our first game as an example, the OS said we dominated, we didnt.

I have read stories that Alex Pearce reminds him of John Terry, i may come accross as negative but i feel the attraction of Rogers to mr M is his way with words.

Maybe today was a wake-up call for them too

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Aug 2009 20:19

Shouldn't need wake up calls on the second game of the season, if players are getting carried away by a 0-0 with forest and some heavy scores against sunday league swedish teams, there is a mentality problem within our club.

We were simply inexperienced with a poor choice of lineup, for a passing side we did not keep the ball well at all, harper should have been in there- he is level headed on the ball and would have added a more composed head to the midfield.

The defending for the second was simple comical and the third..that sometimes happens when you have a striker come back to defend.

Shit day at the office and big improvements needed as well as 1/2 signings of more experienced players, you cannot blood half your youth academy at once, especially against a team of seasoned pro's in front of 40,000 away from home.
Last edited by FiNeRaIn on 15 Aug 2009 20:20, edited 1 time in total.

230 posts